headed to Salida area for a week - feedback on trails + anything i should know? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > headed to Salida area for a week - feedback on trails + anything i should know?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 07-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #16
Gymguyjeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Wheelie BVJeep! See you on Sunday . . .

1993 XJ Cherokee - 3" Lift, 31" tires
Previous Jeeps - 1981 CJ-5, 1985 CJ-7
Gymguyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #17
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvjeep View Post
Well talking to Gymguyjeep tonight and sounds like its gonna ba a Jeep date on Sunday. Hope you guys can make it. Talking to him you had mentioned Chinaman's Gulch. This is a trail that has gotten harder over the past few years. 6 years ago you could do it with a stock wrangler with only a few areas that were challenging for a stocker. Now it has gotten harder. My recomendations on Chinaman's is a minimum of 33" tires and a lift of some sorts. Lockers are not required but you will want to disconnect your swaybars. After talking to him it sounded like you had decided against running it though. On sunday we are going to go over to Taylor park and do Italian Mountain and some other parts in the area. Will be a fun trip and a full day trip too. This should be fine for stock Jeeps and will still be fun for the bigger ones. For those coming along we would like to meet at the City Market parking lot at 9:30 so we can leave by 10:00. Gymguyjeep is meeting us on the other side.
For those meeting up with me here is a pic of my Jeep
yeah, i've decided against Chinaman, all of my more modified rigs ended up dropping out last minute - so i have 2 stock Rubicon's with me (JK and a TJ) and neither are into damaging their rigs.

thanks to both of you guys for leading us on Sunday! we'll see you at the City Market at 9:30AM Colorado time!
theksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #18
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sunday 8/5 right? I plan on meeting up for whatever.
Unread 07-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #19
bvjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

No that would be Sunday 7/29 at 9:30am

Remember: It Aint Perdy Till It's Dirty!!!!!
Colorado Jeep Member #1999
bvjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #20
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvjeep
No that would be Sunday 7/29 at 9:30am
Oh then I'm out. Not in CO this weekend.
Unread 07-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #21
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Sorry we missed out today... hope you had a good run. We ended up just running hermit pass this afternoon once everyone made it to camp finally. Was a nice easy but scenic run, and not far from camp.
Unread 07-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #22
bvjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea you missed a good trip. I put on 136 miles round trip from my house. Lots of scenery, some playing, and the wife didn't get mad either. It was a good day

BV Jeep

Remember: It Aint Perdy Till It's Dirty!!!!!
Colorado Jeep Member #1999
bvjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #23
theksmith
2003 WJ 

been back for a bit now and had time to put together most of the trip report and photos...

some pano's on page 1, and trip report starts on page 2:
http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2093

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.