Full Moon Run - Red Cone - August 13th - - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Full Moon Run - Red Cone - August 13th -

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
enginecookindad

Full Moon Run - Red Cone - August 13th -

August 13th is Full Moon -- We are planning on running Red Cone -- !2,801 feet!!

Please see my video of Red Cone on www.youtube.com search redneckdadnco..thats me...then search red cone decent. Enjoy!!

As of July 14th.. Red Cone is officially open.

Depending on snow conditions - We will come down Webster Pass back to Hwy 285 or head up Radical Hill then come down to Montezuma to Hwy 6.

To experience white thalus rock on full moon. Wow!! We should be able to jeep at night without lights.

Meet: Safeway Gas Station. Conifer. Hwy 285. 7pm. Cb Ch 4. Walkie Talkie / 2 way radio ch 4.

See you there 7pm for 720 departure.

Lets Go Jeepin!!
Charlie

enginecookindad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Would LOVE to run that trail again, but doubt I'll be up and running by then.

I'll have to keep my eye out for you though - don't think I've seen you out in Brighton yet. If I do, I'll be sure to wave.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hope i can make this one, I've never done Red Cone at night.
Unread 07-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
Hwkscr
2005 LJ Wrangler 

DANG IT! I fly back in from South Carolina on the 12th and have to drive to the sprawling metropolis of Wichita Falls, TX the next day. If it was a day run i would be in for sure! Dang Dang Dang!
4" Pro-Comp springs / Bilstein 5100's / Rokmen Adj LCA's / Currie Currectlynk Steering / Currie Adj FTB / JKS Adj RTB / Warn F&R bumpers w/ tire carrier / KC daylights w/ windshield mounts / 285/75/16 Duratracs / Moab wheels / Cobra CB / Sirius XM / Skid-Row Engine Skid / Warn VR8000 / 05 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara 557/1000.
Hwkscr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 07:32 AM   #5
JeepNaked9969
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This sounds like a blast! Just did redcone on fri. Its incredibly gorgeous. I would imagine the full moon run will be nearly cloudless. I will make an effort to go with you guys as I looooove night wheeling. And redcone at night promises incredible scenery.
How many people are you expecting?
JeepNaked9969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 07:36 AM   #6
JeepNaked9969
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This sounds like a blast! Just did redcone on fri. Its incredibly gorgeous. I would imagine the full moon run will be nearly cloudless. I will make an effort to go with you guys as I looooove night wheeling. And redcone at night promises incredible scenery.
How many people are you expecting?

And a heads up: this past weekend both radical hill and webster pass were under quite a bit of snow. I would estimate websters snow blockade to be about 30ft high, and I'm unsure of radical hill. I fear radical hill will have terrible washouts this year.
JeepNaked9969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 07:53 AM   #7
enginecookindad

red cone

for those that cant make this full moon trip, i have been thinking of scheduling full moon to red cone trips for September and October full moon.....Also, since some of you have not drivin red cone during the day,,maybe we could schedule a day trip to red cone, then same day full moon run...your thoughts?
Unread 07-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #8
bustedknuckle
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I might be able to go. I have family coming in that weekend. I'll see what they want to do. Count me in for a Sept. or Oct. run.
bustedknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 01:00 AM   #9
enginecookindad

Hello all -- sorry for my delay -- ive been dealing with funeral of a family member in Oklahoma this past week...Anyway...we are still a GO for this Saturday..I have had several folks mention of their interest in a day run of RED CONE. Like meeting 10am Safeway, Conifer gas station,,,,then for those that want to see full moon jeepin we could run Red Cone again 7pm ---Your Thoughts?
Unread 08-09-2011, 01:09 AM   #10
enginecookindad

For the full moon run -- my intent is run Red Cone down to Montezuma -- up to Loveland Pass down to 70...

If we do this during the day as well -- we may only go to the Yellow Sign of 12,801 then reverse pre drop offs -- come back down -- not doing the three main drops to montezuma-- this way allowing plenty of time for the night run...
Unread 08-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #11
SouthernXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Was up there this week as well. Radical Hill is passable. I did it heading from Breck (North Fork) with the intention of making Webster pass. Unfortunately, that drift at the top of Webster is not going anywhere anytime soon. Heading up Radical Hill may be dicey but possible. The drift that was covering the switchbacks has melted enough. It only left one cut into the trail that is about a 2 foot climb up and down.
SouthernXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #12
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I will be coming if I can get my painting done fast enough !
Unread 08-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #13
enginecookindad

Hello all -- I have had many requests to lead a trip to RED CONE during the day combined with a full moon night run...August 13th is FULL MOON...So HERE IT IS....party1:

Meet Conifer Safeway Gas Station off hwy 285 10am...cb ch 4 / walkie talkie ch 4.

For the day run...we may only go to the Yellow Sign at 12,801 then reverse pre drop offs -- come back down -- not doing the three main drops to montezuma-- this way allowing plenty of time for the night run...to return to Conifer Safeway Gas Station re-fuel -- then pick up folks by 7pm for the night run up Red Cone.

For the full moon run -- my intent is run Red Cone down to Montezuma (near Keystone) -- up to Loveland Pass down to 70...

Lets Go Jeepin!!
Charlie
Unread 09-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #14
dogger15
1997 XJ Cherokee 

how was the full moon trip
dogger15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #15
ncb

Yes, how was it? Driving down the big hill at night should be exciting. I was up there last Saturday and sharing the trail with the guys on quads and dirt bikes seemed more dangerous than driving down the big hill. On tight areas on the trail they would come at us head on at full speed and just squeak by with out slowing down. It was worse than the Rampart area. What happened to stay/share the trail? I guess it's a dog eat dog world.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.