First real snow this season and drivers.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > First real snow this season and drivers....

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

First real snow this season and drivers....

As we all know, we got the first decent(laughable still) snow this season. Today, the street in front of my place is snowpacked, it will likely melt before the plow crews get to it. As I'm in the spare bedroom packing to move soon, I hear an engine rev, that sound you hear when someone is stuck. I look out and see some guy in a white cherokee, complete with FNjeep stickers on it, nose first on the curb, back tires ablazing. A couple of people go and help push him and after keeping it on the rev limiter long enough, he gets free. In that span of a few minutes he nearly hit several cars going by. No one was paying any attention obviously,lol. Once free, it quickly becomes apparent why he spun out on a straight road, he has it floored, spinning away as he took off. Going to guess he blew out the 4wd during a past event since he never used it, and judging by his driving skills, I can see why. Its colorado, it snows(sometimes), people need to learn how to drive in it.

streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

My first winter here and I saw a lot of people giving plenty of space, slowing down waaay before the stop sign or red light; I was quite surprised at how well people were driving here in the snow. Now, with NO snow on the ground? People drive like idiots out here, cutting you off, pulling out in front of you, riding your bumper in a 45 mph zone, etc. (I live on the north side, by the AF academy)
Unread 12-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Im towards the north side, near union and academy. Alot of people took it easy today, and drove smartly, but alot were brain dead, drove around with no lights on, especially white vehicles no less! Then there were a few that were just brain dead, sliding into curbs for no apparent reason, and thinking you drive with your foot to the floor. Should have shot a video of this guy,lol.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
JFjeld
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm new to Colorado; moved here mid-October. Having come from Iowa, I'm certainly not new to snow driving. Was up wheeling Red Elephant Hill and Bill Moore Lake near Idaho Springs on Saturday when it started snowing. Was wondering what my drive down I-70 toward Denver would be like and was impressed that people were driving fairly appropriately for the weather, going about 25-30mph most of the way down. Snow was really coming down and roads were slick. Now, once I hit Denver and the snow stopped, people resumed driving like jackholes...
Unread 12-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Coyn1324
1996 ZJ 

Well this morning's snow surprised everybody I think since the roads weren't plowed at all this morning. Almost had to put her in 4wd for a second but she ended up grabbing afterall. So far this winter has been quite pathetic here in the Denver area but I have to say everybody seemed to be taking it pretty easy this morning except for one dummy that just about side swiped me.
'96ZJ-4.0L, 3.5" IRO suspension lift, RC Quick Discos, 31x10.50R15, 292,xxx miles, Colorado Jeep Club Member #1996
Coyn1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #6
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

big snow coming this weekend to parts of the state, we'll see what happens...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.