First Attempt wheel, Eagle Rock - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > First Attempt wheel, Eagle Rock

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 08-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
dave95_xj
1995 XJ Cherokee 

First Attempt wheel, Eagle Rock

Whats up guys. I recently lifted my xj 3 inches and put on some 31's and decided to try to wheel a little bit. I heard eagle rock was pretty cool so i went up there by myself lol.... ended up having to turn around after going up a few hundred yards because of it getting way to rocky and i didn't want to get stuck out by myself. I will attempt it again when ppl are with me. I want to get a locker but i need to lock and re gear same time and its something i don't feel comfortable doing myself so ill need to save and pay a shop.

dave95_xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
otisdog
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Oh heck don't you like getting hopelessly stuck and having to walk 5 miles to get help?

I haven't done Eagle rock yet. Was hoping to get down there this year.
Jim
Unread 08-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
RockMonster
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Eagle rock is a fun trail, good decision to turn around though, getting stuck by yourself is no fun .
Unread 08-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Good idea turning around. Nothing worse than being alone & have something happen.

ALWAYS FOLLOW RULE #1!!!!

Me stupidly not following it, and this was just going camping - not even wheeling!

Resulted in this:

REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
dave95_xj
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I am going to head back to do it just waiting for the right time to meet with my buddy and do it. I found out later i was looking up at the last stretch of harder trail when i turned around.... so it cant be that bad.
dave95_xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.