Few days in CO, sep 1-3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Few days in CO, sep 1-3

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread Yesterday, 01:02 PM   #1
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Few days in CO, sep 1-3

So I am headed to Moab to meet a few other JF members sep 4-6, but I am leaving early and plan on tooling around in the Ouray area on the way.
I have a list of trails to do just not in any particular order yet.

What I am wondering is if there are any rules a guy from Iowa would need to know in general. Would I need a dnr tag or anything for the trails, and am I allowed to carry weapons? Plan on bringing my ccw, iowa permit is good in CO but I didnt know if the land has rules against it or anything.

Plan on camping a few nights as well, a friend suggested silverton as a good base camp. I would rather camp in the wilderness than beside a bunch of RV's, assuming also this is permitted somewhere?

Thanks!

p.s. Anyone is welcome to join us in CO or Moab

Unread Today, 07:55 AM   #2
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

No tag or license needed to wheel with a licensed jeep.
You are welcome to carry...with a permit(license-ccw) in Colorado. You may NOT carry without a ccw. However the "make my day" law does let you be armed inside your car.
Silverton is ...cold. Camping at 10,000 feet is for the hardy. Ouray is the place to base if you're camping.(there is a nudist colony near Ouray...nude hot tubing). You may also camp basically anywhere you wish in public land, which almost all of the mountains are, public(50 feet from the road and 100 feet away from water).
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 04:20 PM   #3
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The make my day law has nothing to do with carrying inside a vehicle.

Actually there is a lot of private land in the area. You can camp pretty much anywhere on National Forest land. I suggest you get a map so you know where it is.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.