emissions and large tires? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > emissions and large tires?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 12-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
gonwhln
2007 JK Wrangler 

emissions and large tires?

So they say 35's won't be allowed to test, I missed my window for the mobile test sites.

What do I do without buying Oem wheels and tires?

Evo rear King Coilovers, Recon front King Coilovers, Rock Krawler all 8 control arms & links, CV driveshafts, removed rear sway bar, Custom skids, Viair OBA with dual compressors mounted behind tailights & 2gal tank, Warn M8000, Body Armor rear bumper and carrier w/custom rotopax, front Poison Spyder Brawler lite bumper, Herculined tub, Cobra 75wx cb, daystar switch panel, Hella lights, custom cut fenders, 17" black alloys w/ 35" treadwright Guard dogs, Gusseted and regeared to 5.13's, Teraflex drag link flip, cut and dieted, Benchmark HD oil pan, RK deep sump HD tranny pan.
gonwhln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
UnlimitedMatt
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Find someone with 33 or smaller tires to borrow. That's what I do. Just last month I drove my sons XJ to The testing facility with 37's on the front and 33's on the back. They guy at the facility said 'I guess you've heard about our tire size limits'.

I know High County has a program where they will rent you a set of smaller tires for emission testing.

Good luck!
2005 Unlimited Rubicon, Sahara Edition #556, Colorado Jeep Club Member #556
Rusty, if you are reading this, I am still waiting for my $249 refund from 06/2010. Pm me for my address to send the check. Thanks!
UnlimitedMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
Pothole
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I checked with Jason at hcp4x4 and they will loan you a set and put them back on for $100.
Pothole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
gonwhln
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothole View Post
I checked with Jason at hcp4x4 and they will loan you a set and put them back on for $100.
Thanks, but that's seems silly. Ill borrow some from a buddy.
Evo rear King Coilovers, Recon front King Coilovers, Rock Krawler all 8 control arms & links, CV driveshafts, removed rear sway bar, Custom skids, Viair OBA with dual compressors mounted behind tailights & 2gal tank, Warn M8000, Body Armor rear bumper and carrier w/custom rotopax, front Poison Spyder Brawler lite bumper, Herculined tub, Cobra 75wx cb, daystar switch panel, Hella lights, custom cut fenders, 17" black alloys w/ 35" treadwright Guard dogs, Gusseted and regeared to 5.13's, Teraflex drag link flip, cut and dieted, Benchmark HD oil pan, RK deep sump HD tranny pan.
gonwhln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
Pothole
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Guess I need to find a friend with smaller tires.
Unread 12-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #6
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

HCP4x4 will loan them to you for free if you swap them yourself.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.