Easy Offroad - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Easy Offroad

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
tylerd
2006 WK 

Easy Offroad

Hello all,

My name is Tyler. I am a Junior at the University of Denver. I just bought a 2006 WK from my grandfather, and I am interested in finding some trails in the mountains. The WK is bone stock, minus some beefier all terrain tires. I am not new to offroading. My first car was an '09 Wrangler that I wheeled a few times before the lease was up.

Basically, just looking for some simple trails to take in some great views and end with a nice picnic or something. Let me know if you all have any recommendations, or if you're ever looking for newbie to tag a long. I would love to go. Thank you!

tylerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
turbospartan
2012 WK 

traildamage.com

Stuff near Boulder/Nederland can offer some easier trails... Loch Lomond, Chinns Lake, Russell Gulch, etc. Easy on traildamage would be like a 2/3 rating.
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
PLAN D

Argentine Pass and Geneva Ck.
PLAN D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Depending on where you are located, there are tons of forest roads/trails near me, Wilkerson Pass area.
Most are mild but there are some narrow, rocky side trails to play on scattered around.

Update your info with your location so people have a better idea of where to recommend.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
tylerd
2006 WK 

Awesome! Thank you, gentlemen. I am in Denver. I am a student at DU, and live just off campus. Are any of you headed out this weekend? I would love to tag along and scout out my abilities. Argentine pass looks great and thats the direction I want to head.
Unread 10-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Don't know if I will have mine back together by the weekend.

Complete overhaul/upgrade on the front axle.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #7
tylerd
2006 WK 

Let me know if you put everything back together in time. I would love for someone to show me the ropes. I know I'm totally stock, but I can chip in for lunch and gas. Thanks, fellas.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.