Denver Area XJ Checkin - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Denver Area XJ Checkin

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 08-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
BIG_T
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Denver Area XJ Checkin

was wondering if there are any local Denver area XJ owners with a 2 inch shackle lift on their rigs??

BIG_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
BIG_T
2000 XJ Cherokee 

whose got an xj with 2 inch lift shackles
Unread 08-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
BIG_T
2000 XJ Cherokee 

i have some questions
Unread 08-16-2011, 12:46 AM   #4
Flojo8000
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Are you talking about a 2" shackle in the rear and some spacers up front? I ran that setup for a long time. For me it was a great route. What's up?
Flojo8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #5
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

ive got a 1" shackle lift....
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 06:20 AM   #6
BIG_T
2000 XJ Cherokee 

was really hoping to get ride with someone to see what the ride is like before i go ahead and do the lift.
Unread 08-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #7
Flojo8000
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Honestly, when I went from stock to a 2" BB there was virtually no difference in ride quality. To the point that probably no one but you would know the difference. I'm not running that setup anymore, but I did have the same reservations about installing it.

I'd say just go for it. It's a cheap upgrade, you'll fel better about your rig, and IMO that is how the XJ should have come from the factory.
Unread 08-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #8
BIG_T
2000 XJ Cherokee 

yeah but with hd springs it is different i bet
Unread 08-19-2011, 08:30 AM   #9
Flojo8000
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Are you trying to figure out if you want to do this lift, or did you want to compare your ride quality to someone else's? Give us some details on your current setup, what you want to accomplish, your reservations, and we can answer questions you have.
Unread 08-20-2011, 05:41 AM   #10
BIG_T
2000 XJ Cherokee 

yes i am trying to determine if i want to do the lift again, although i am not sure if i will like the way that the ride quality will change once the lift has been installed.

See i have already put a 2 inch shackle lift on the jeep but was dissatisfied with the outcome so i wondering maybe i did something wrong when installed mine and as i said earlier i just want to see what other people rides are like to compare with mine.

I think when i did it initially i torqued down the shackle bolts to much thus making for a bad harsh ride.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.