Crystal Mountain - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Crystal Mountain

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 07-22-2007, 03:50 PM   #16
Speedcult
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I think the impeller broke inside, new one is only $44 at AutoZone. The water wont circulate and then the water boils off. That's where it was going LOL, at least the head gasket is still intact. Yeah she was done chewing me out around 11:30 or so. No big deal, I basically have a choice. I can get chewed out BEFORE the trip by saying I'll be gone all day, or I can just deal with it afterwards LOL.

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Green"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #347[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
Speedcult is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2007, 10:46 PM   #17
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

We got to the entrance of crystal and his jeep started to overheat, we thought it was because the electric fan wasn't working. Well we got the fan working by just looking at it and re-starting the rig several times. We turned around and about a 1/2 mile back down the trail it overheats again. It was doing some really weird boiling off so we though the thermostat was stuck. After letting it cool for about an hour we pulled the thermostat and bolted everything back together sans thermostat.

Since he was having problem we decided to go down the dirt road rather than Moody. At the gate at the bottom a lady in a Volvo stops us and tells us we are trespassing on private property. I explain to her that I have always been told the road is public and the land is private and as long as we are respectfully everything is OK. In fact we passed several other residents on the way down and they just waved and smiled. Well we continued to have a discussion with the lady for about 15-20 minutes on the issue and then were on our way. I'll be getting into contact with the FS to try and see what's right. She also said that there would be a locked gate at the top starting Sept 1.

So his rig makes it all the way to the east side of horse tooth reservoir and it overheats again. We decide to just strap it and I pulled him home. I got home about 10:45 pm.

I still had fun!!!!!
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2007, 10:47 PM   #18
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I also have to give him mad props for making up the quarry in his stock XJ on 31s!!!
Unread 07-22-2007, 10:56 PM   #19
Shag
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newracer
I also have to give him mad props for making up the quarry in his stock XJ on 31s!!!
What part of the quarry.
I was scared (of my wife) to try the hard parts, especially after watching you bounce up.

Shaun
Buy Shag A Lifetime Membership
Quote:
Originally Posted by afbond03
....just need a nice tug it would be really simple to get me from behind just pull me back....
rbowling is a thief. I bought these gears from him, and now I am out my money and still no gears. Do not trust him.
Shag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2007, 11:08 PM   #20
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

He went up both parts, walked right up the bottom no problem. a little difficulty on the top but made it.
Unread 07-23-2007, 06:02 PM   #21
stangman68inftc
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Pics, pics, we need pics. Yeah, when I was up there a week ago I only saw one other vehicle coming up the road to Crystal Mountain trail on our way back down but we both just waved and passed. We didn't go to the quarry when I was there, i'll have to check it out next time, but we had a lot of fun on Crystal Mountain.
Colorado Jeep Club member #87
stangman68inftc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2007, 11:49 PM   #22
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I received a call from the FS today, official word is that they have easements through all the properties except the one that is right at the gate on the Pennock Pass road. So technically if the gate is closed the road is closed.

A little trail damage.

Apparently I went up too fast my son only got a pict of me at the top.

Finally back at his place.
Unread 07-25-2007, 01:41 PM   #23
Speedcult
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Well the blue beast is going to a new home, both he and his dad like Jeeps and have owned a few. So this time next month, my other one should be here... although I think I'll wait until I get rocker guards before that one spot in the quarry again LOL! I'd hate to scratch the new red paint

http://img2.putfile.com/main/7/19023071491.jpg

It's the only pic I have of it for now, and yes I know I need to get the tires switched. By the way Mike, the wife says she's sorry for acting like a (female dog), she was just worried because it was getting late.

We have to do both again maybe on a Sunday after I get the red one. Maybe plan a little better so we can bring more people too My wife's cam was acting up and most the pics came out blurry. I do have a vid of you coming up the quarry but no sound. Maybe throw some music on it?

Last edited by Speedcult; 07-25-2007 at 01:51 PM..
Unread 07-25-2007, 01:44 PM   #24
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Click free, because clicking makes baby Jesus cry.

Nice looking XJ! As far as your sliders, check out Jon at Ohana Fab (on Colorado4x4.org). He builds sliders for XJ's- I have them on mine (I helped him mock them up when he was starting out. He also has ads on Craigslist all the time. Good product, and really cool guy.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2007, 01:59 PM   #25
Speedcult
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks KUK! I can never get them to load on the page like that... and I do have that video of Mike uploading as well as a few more blurry pics (sorry) of him crawling over that huge piece of quartz(?) at the beginning of Moody. So KUK, your services of making things click-free may be needed again

I'll also get ahold Jon to do those sliders for me. That and I'd like to get guards for the rear lights that ACTUALLY work. Even if they have to be welded to the rear bumper. Maybe see if Jon can do those too.

Edit: Here's the link to the video. Sorry, no sound.
Click here to watch Mike-at-the-Quarry
The wifes camera is acting up, which also kind of explains the date on the following pics...

Unread 07-25-2007, 04:06 PM   #26
Shag
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedcult
Thanks KUK! I can never get them to load on the page like that... and I do have that video of Mike uploading as well as a few more blurry pics (sorry) of him crawling over that huge piece of quartz(?) at the beginning of Moody. So KUK, your services of making things click-free may be needed again

I'll also get ahold Jon to do those sliders for me. That and I'd like to get guards for the rear lights that ACTUALLY work. Even if they have to be welded to the rear bumper. Maybe see if Jon can do those too.

Edit: Here's the link to the video. Sorry, no sound.
Click here to watch Mike-at-the-Quarry
The wifes camera is acting up, which also kind of explains the date on the following pics...

I give you the ole click free this time.

Shaun
Buy Shag A Lifetime Membership
Quote:
Originally Posted by afbond03
....just need a nice tug it would be really simple to get me from behind just pull me back....
rbowling is a thief. I bought these gears from him, and now I am out my money and still no gears. Do not trust him.
Shag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.