Colorado Springs wheeling - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Colorado Springs wheeling

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Reply
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #16
KUK9
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin04Lj View Post
I already know perfectly well what my jeep is capable of off-road. Just because I was new to the forum you guys treat me like I've never been on a dirt road. It's a stock jeep what more can I tell you guys. This forum is starting to feel like the four wheel parts in colo springs. Where if you aren't already lifted with 40 inch tires that you aren't welcome here. And the bv comment, come on dude where else in Colorado has the initials bv.
I'm pretty sure he meant to post this in here, not in the other thread.

Anyway, I think you may have been misinterpreting what they were meaning regarding filling in the profile, or implying that you need to be more built. I think they were only trying to get a better idea as to how/if the Jeep was built up so that they know what trail rides to offer (in terms of difficulty). It just gives a better snapshot of the overall situation. I don't think that it was intended the way it seems that it was taken.

I don't know many people in this section with hugely built rigs - some are pretty strongly & hugely built, but most are in the typical area of 33-35's. Not sure why the animostity about things - they were just trying to make sure that they're not inviting to a trail that would invite damage or breakage if it wasn't built for it...

Glad that you found some people though. Keep in contact here as well. There's a lot of us here (though not always posting) that want to meet for trails. I know once mine is done (hopefully soon) that I want to hit some trails down south - still haven't done any down that way.

__________________
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #17
bvjeep
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Buena Vista Colorado
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUK9 View Post
I'm pretty sure he meant to post this in here, not in the other thread.

Anyway, I think you may have been misinterpreting what they were meaning regarding filling in the profile, or implying that you need to be more built. I think they were only trying to get a better idea as to how/if the Jeep was built up so that they know what trail rides to offer (in terms of difficulty). It just gives a better snapshot of the overall situation. I don't think that it was intended the way it seems that it was taken.

I don't know many people in this section with hugely built rigs - some are pretty strongly & hugely built, but most are in the typical area of 33-35's. Not sure why the animostity about things - they were just trying to make sure that they're not inviting to a trail that would invite damage or breakage if it wasn't built for it...

Glad that you found some people though. Keep in contact here as well. There's a lot of us here (though not always posting) that want to meet for trails. I know once mine is done (hopefully soon) that I want to hit some trails down south - still haven't done any down that way.
This is exactly where I was going with the comment too. Wasn't trying to be mean in any way at all. I would hate to have someone join me on a planned trip and unfortunately have someone come along that "Might" not be able to do either by their experience or capablility of the rig.
__________________
BV Jeep
99 TJ Red 4" Tomken Lift 35x12.50x15 BFG Mudders
Skyjacker 8000 Nitro Shocks

Remember: It Aint Perdy Till It's Dirty!!!!!
Colorado Jeep Member #1999
bvjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #18
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posts: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
Wiah I was out there with you guys. I've been to the springs a number of times in the past for work, and always liked it ouot there. You all have a bunch of places to wheel legally out there? We've got very little here on the east cost, and have to go 2 1/2 hours to an offroad park for real wheeling.

Good thing Justin found someone to wheel with, cause I just dont think he was getting why it helps to know what someone is driving and how capable it is. I've seen to many people with near stock rigs trying trails that are way to rugged and end up breaking stuff.
Probably more trails to ride here then maryland has paved roads,lol.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #19
Story
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 13
I am up for some runs any time of year

I didnt realize there were area specific forums here til today. I live in Denver but am happy to meet in CO Springs for some trails. Not sure how my posts read but I have a 99 TJ, 34 10.5 LTBs, stock control arms but 3 inch spring lift, ARBs front and rear, 4.88s. Getting 35s as soon as I pick a tire (could be years).
Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #20
lynusann
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 80
I know the thread is kinda old but I live in Pueblo and would love to go wheeling if anyone is meeting up in the Springs area or further south even! I'm getting antsy to go do some runs because I'm going to have my jeep in parts here soon to do some work on it.
lynusann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #21
ScorpionsXJ
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pueblo, Colorado
Posts: 178
I live in Pueblo as well and I go wheeling pretty regularly when school is out. I’ll let you know when I am setting up a group. Nice to have people in the area.
__________________
*RE 3.5 Super Flex* 31x10.5 BFG KM2* Crager Street Locks* TeraFlex Track Bar* JCR Rear Bumper
ScorpionsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #22
triangleman29
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pueblo West, CO
Posts: 123
I'm in pueblo also and would like to go out with some groups too!
triangleman29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #23
ScorpionsXJ
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pueblo, Colorado
Posts: 178
Sweet i never knew there was anyone else on here from Pueblo!!!!!
__________________
*RE 3.5 Super Flex* 31x10.5 BFG KM2* Crager Street Locks* TeraFlex Track Bar* JCR Rear Bumper
ScorpionsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #24
KevKaos
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post
Probably more trails to ride here then maryland has paved roads,lol.
OMG, makes me want to move out there so bad. I would so absolutely love being able to jump in the Jeep and within say an hour, be on a trail. Heck, I'd be happy to take that paved road drive up to Cripple Creek (hope I got that right, only been once). What a nice ride.
__________________
[SIZE="4"]KevKaos[/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"]Honey Badger Wheelin'[/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #25
JagerHelix
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: colorado springs, CO
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos

OMG, makes me want to move out there so bad. I would so absolutely love being able to jump in the Jeep and within say an hour, be on a trail. Heck, I'd be happy to take that paved road drive up to Cripple Creek (hope I got that right, only been once). What a nice ride.
Better yet, take the dirt road there!
That's old stage/gold camp. The main road itself is very mild. Cars drive this, but there are endless off shoots with great wheeling. Starts in the springs and ends in Victor, very close tocripple creek. One of my favorite routes! do some wheeling then follow the road to cripple creek so I can lose my *** gambling lol.
__________________
2011 JKU 3:73, 33x13.5xr17 Irok Radials
Jeeps can do a lot with a little
JagerHelix is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.