Colorado springs trails - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Colorado springs trails

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 05-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
jhanes

Colorado springs trails

What is near Co Springs area for family fun trails and scenery. Nothing hardcore just relaxing and near camping. Any suggestions??

jhanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:57 AM   #2
bmartin72

Rampart range road is decent
bmartin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:58 AM   #3
bmartin72

image-1567920686.jpg

This was taken there
bmartin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 04:12 AM   #4
texlurch
2002 WJ 

There are tons of forest roads and camp areas around me in Lake George
Most are easy but some have some good parts.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
jhanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
There are tons of forest roads and camp areas around me in Lake George
Most are easy but some have some good parts.
I found some going up old stage road and old goldcamp road. I went in one called Saran Wrap and broke my shifter and was stuck in 4H. Not good. I broke the bushing and spring in the console. I am a newb so I better stuck to the beginner trails first. Lol
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmartin72 View Post
Rampart range road is decent
Rampart is still closed due to the Waldo Canyon fire.
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #7
jhanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by colojeepguy

Rampart is still closed due to the Waldo Canyon fire.
I went there last weekend from Garden of the Gods and saw it was closed. I wish it would open up but don't know when.
Unread 05-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
texlurch
2002 WJ 

I'll be home in a couple weeks if you want to go ride around.
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #9
Gellato
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Check out traildamage.com. They list all sorts of trails. There are many easy, scenic trails up and down Rampart Range. If you are starting from Co Springs, you will need to circle around to either Monument or Woodland Park to access them until the lower Rampart Range Rd is open. Forest Service order has it closed until June.
Gellato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #10
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Most of the local forest trails are not on Trail Damage, just the more traveled and popular ones.

Guess it depends what you are looking for. I just like the close access and going exploring to see what I can see.

A few of my local trails are still closed to prevent errosion, and we just got dumped on again today. Snow.. woo!
Unread 05-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
jhanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gellato
Check out traildamage.com. They list all sorts of trails. There are many easy, scenic trails up and down Rampart Range. If you are starting from Co Springs, you will need to circle around to either Monument or Woodland Park to access them until the lower Rampart Range Rd is open. Forest Service order has it closed until June.
Where from?? Hwy 24??
Unread 05-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #12
jhanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
Most of the local forest trails are not on Trail Damage, just the more traveled and popular ones.

Guess it depends what you are looking for. I just like the close access and going exploring to see what I can see.

A few of my local trails are still closed to prevent errosion, and we just got dumped on again today. Snow.. woo!
I've been going on old stage rd and old gold camp rd.
Unread 05-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #13
Gellato
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanes View Post
Where from?? Hwy 24??
Monument:
Take I-25 to Monument. Exit 2nd St (Hwy 105) and turn left on 2nd St. Turn left on Mitchell. Turn right on Mt. Herman Rd. Mt. Herman goes up to Rampart Range.

Woodland Park:
Take HWY 24 to Woodland Park. Turn right at S Baldwin St. off of Hwy 24 (there is a McDonald's) and this will lead to Rampart Range.

Those are the ways I know to get to Rampart Range from Co. Springs while the burn area is closed. Someone else might know another way.
Gellato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #14
caiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gellato

Monument:
Take I-25 to Monument. Exit 2nd St (Hwy 105) and turn left on 2nd St. Turn left on Mitchell. Turn right on Mt. Herman Rd. Mt. Herman goes up to Rampart Range.

Woodland Park:
Take HWY 24 to Woodland Park. Turn right at S Baldwin St. off of Hwy 24 (there is a McDonald's) and this will lead to Rampart Range.

Those are the ways I know to get to Rampart Range from Co. Springs while the burn area is closed. Someone else might know another way.
Thx. The only way I know is going thru Garden of the Gods and accessing it there. Closed though.
caiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #15
bseblfrk09
2013 JK Wrangler 

Eagle rock has some awesome scenery. It is up on gold camp road. If don't want to do the trail you can just drive gold camp road from the springs to the cripple creek area. Pretty nice drive.
bseblfrk09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.