Colorado springs trails - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 05-07-2013, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
jhanes
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7
Colorado springs trails

What is near Co Springs area for family fun trails and scenery. Nothing hardcore just relaxing and near camping. Any suggestions??

jhanes is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 Old 05-08-2013, 03:57 AM
bmartin72
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 10
Rampart range road is decent
bmartin72 is offline  
post #3 of 37 Old 05-08-2013, 03:58 AM
bmartin72
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 10
image-1567920686.jpg

This was taken there
bmartin72 is offline  
post #4 of 37 Old 05-08-2013, 04:12 AM
texlurch
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lake George, CO
Posts: 1,668
There are tons of forest roads and camp areas around me in Lake George
Most are easy but some have some good parts.

Just another old fart in a Jeep... watchout younguns!!!
RC LA, IRO 6 in springs, OTK, Bilsteins, Aussie, Eaton, RCV's, 242-SYE, hidden winch, JCR Stage 3, skidded and trussed & sleeved
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline  
post #5 of 37 Old 05-08-2013, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
jhanes
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
There are tons of forest roads and camp areas around me in Lake George
Most are easy but some have some good parts.
I found some going up old stage road and old goldcamp road. I went in one called Saran Wrap and broke my shifter and was stuck in 4H. Not good. I broke the bushing and spring in the console. I am a newb so I better stuck to the beginner trails first. Lol
jhanes is offline  
post #6 of 37 Old 05-08-2013, 09:23 PM
colojeepguy
Registered User
1970 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmartin72 View Post
Rampart range road is decent
Rampart is still closed due to the Waldo Canyon fire.

"It's better to have loved and lost, than to live with a psycho the rest of your life"
colojeepguy is offline  
post #7 of 37 Old 05-08-2013, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
jhanes
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by colojeepguy

Rampart is still closed due to the Waldo Canyon fire.
I went there last weekend from Garden of the Gods and saw it was closed. I wish it would open up but don't know when.
jhanes is offline  
post #8 of 37 Old 05-08-2013, 11:37 PM
texlurch
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lake George, CO
Posts: 1,668
I'll be home in a couple weeks if you want to go ride around.

Just another old fart in a Jeep... watchout younguns!!!
RC LA, IRO 6 in springs, OTK, Bilsteins, Aussie, Eaton, RCV's, 242-SYE, hidden winch, JCR Stage 3, skidded and trussed & sleeved
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline  
post #9 of 37 Old 05-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Gellato
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Parker
Posts: 5
Check out traildamage.com. They list all sorts of trails. There are many easy, scenic trails up and down Rampart Range. If you are starting from Co Springs, you will need to circle around to either Monument or Woodland Park to access them until the lower Rampart Range Rd is open. Forest Service order has it closed until June.
Gellato is offline  
post #10 of 37 Old 05-09-2013, 10:15 AM
texlurch
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lake George, CO
Posts: 1,668
Most of the local forest trails are not on Trail Damage, just the more traveled and popular ones.

Guess it depends what you are looking for. I just like the close access and going exploring to see what I can see.

A few of my local trails are still closed to prevent errosion, and we just got dumped on again today. Snow.. woo!

Just another old fart in a Jeep... watchout younguns!!!
RC LA, IRO 6 in springs, OTK, Bilsteins, Aussie, Eaton, RCV's, 242-SYE, hidden winch, JCR Stage 3, skidded and trussed & sleeved
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline  
post #11 of 37 Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
jhanes
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gellato
Check out traildamage.com. They list all sorts of trails. There are many easy, scenic trails up and down Rampart Range. If you are starting from Co Springs, you will need to circle around to either Monument or Woodland Park to access them until the lower Rampart Range Rd is open. Forest Service order has it closed until June.
Where from?? Hwy 24??
jhanes is offline  
post #12 of 37 Old 05-09-2013, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
jhanes
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
Most of the local forest trails are not on Trail Damage, just the more traveled and popular ones.

Guess it depends what you are looking for. I just like the close access and going exploring to see what I can see.

A few of my local trails are still closed to prevent errosion, and we just got dumped on again today. Snow.. woo!
I've been going on old stage rd and old gold camp rd.
jhanes is offline  
post #13 of 37 Old 05-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Gellato
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Parker
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanes View Post
Where from?? Hwy 24??
Monument:
Take I-25 to Monument. Exit 2nd St (Hwy 105) and turn left on 2nd St. Turn left on Mitchell. Turn right on Mt. Herman Rd. Mt. Herman goes up to Rampart Range.

Woodland Park:
Take HWY 24 to Woodland Park. Turn right at S Baldwin St. off of Hwy 24 (there is a McDonald's) and this will lead to Rampart Range.

Those are the ways I know to get to Rampart Range from Co. Springs while the burn area is closed. Someone else might know another way.
Gellato is offline  
post #14 of 37 Old 05-09-2013, 12:35 PM
caiha
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gellato

Monument:
Take I-25 to Monument. Exit 2nd St (Hwy 105) and turn left on 2nd St. Turn left on Mitchell. Turn right on Mt. Herman Rd. Mt. Herman goes up to Rampart Range.

Woodland Park:
Take HWY 24 to Woodland Park. Turn right at S Baldwin St. off of Hwy 24 (there is a McDonald's) and this will lead to Rampart Range.

Those are the ways I know to get to Rampart Range from Co. Springs while the burn area is closed. Someone else might know another way.
Thx. The only way I know is going thru Garden of the Gods and accessing it there. Closed though.
caiha is offline  
post #15 of 37 Old 05-09-2013, 06:15 PM
bseblfrk09
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cripple Creek, CO
Posts: 125
Eagle rock has some awesome scenery. It is up on gold camp road. If don't want to do the trail you can just drive gold camp road from the springs to the cripple creek area. Pretty nice drive.
bseblfrk09 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome