JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Colorado Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/)
-   -   Colorado springs trails (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/colorado-springs-trails-1520306/)

jhanes 05-07-2013 09:55 PM

Colorado springs trails
 
What is near Co Springs area for family fun trails and scenery. Nothing hardcore just relaxing and near camping. Any suggestions??

bmartin72 05-08-2013 03:57 AM

Rampart range road is decent

bmartin72 05-08-2013 03:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 624241

This was taken there

texlurch 05-08-2013 04:12 AM

There are tons of forest roads and camp areas around me in Lake George
Most are easy but some have some good parts.

jhanes 05-08-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texlurch
There are tons of forest roads and camp areas around me in Lake George
Most are easy but some have some good parts.

I found some going up old stage road and old goldcamp road. I went in one called Saran Wrap and broke my shifter and was stuck in 4H. Not good. I broke the bushing and spring in the console. I am a newb so I better stuck to the beginner trails first. Lol

colojeepguy 05-08-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmartin72 (Post 15404527)
Rampart range road is decent

Rampart is still closed due to the Waldo Canyon fire.

jhanes 05-08-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colojeepguy

Rampart is still closed due to the Waldo Canyon fire.

I went there last weekend from Garden of the Gods and saw it was closed. I wish it would open up but don't know when.

texlurch 05-08-2013 11:37 PM

I'll be home in a couple weeks if you want to go ride around.

Gellato 05-09-2013 09:37 AM

Check out traildamage.com. They list all sorts of trails. There are many easy, scenic trails up and down Rampart Range. If you are starting from Co Springs, you will need to circle around to either Monument or Woodland Park to access them until the lower Rampart Range Rd is open. Forest Service order has it closed until June.

texlurch 05-09-2013 10:15 AM

Most of the local forest trails are not on Trail Damage, just the more traveled and popular ones.

Guess it depends what you are looking for. I just like the close access and going exploring to see what I can see.

A few of my local trails are still closed to prevent errosion, and we just got dumped on again today. Snow.. woo!

jhanes 05-09-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gellato
Check out traildamage.com. They list all sorts of trails. There are many easy, scenic trails up and down Rampart Range. If you are starting from Co Springs, you will need to circle around to either Monument or Woodland Park to access them until the lower Rampart Range Rd is open. Forest Service order has it closed until June.

Where from?? Hwy 24??

jhanes 05-09-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texlurch
Most of the local forest trails are not on Trail Damage, just the more traveled and popular ones.

Guess it depends what you are looking for. I just like the close access and going exploring to see what I can see.

A few of my local trails are still closed to prevent errosion, and we just got dumped on again today. Snow.. woo!

I've been going on old stage rd and old gold camp rd.

Gellato 05-09-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhanes (Post 15411384)
Where from?? Hwy 24??

Monument:
Take I-25 to Monument. Exit 2nd St (Hwy 105) and turn left on 2nd St. Turn left on Mitchell. Turn right on Mt. Herman Rd. Mt. Herman goes up to Rampart Range.

Woodland Park:
Take HWY 24 to Woodland Park. Turn right at S Baldwin St. off of Hwy 24 (there is a McDonald's) and this will lead to Rampart Range.

Those are the ways I know to get to Rampart Range from Co. Springs while the burn area is closed. Someone else might know another way.

caiha 05-09-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gellato

Monument:
Take I-25 to Monument. Exit 2nd St (Hwy 105) and turn left on 2nd St. Turn left on Mitchell. Turn right on Mt. Herman Rd. Mt. Herman goes up to Rampart Range.

Woodland Park:
Take HWY 24 to Woodland Park. Turn right at S Baldwin St. off of Hwy 24 (there is a McDonald's) and this will lead to Rampart Range.

Those are the ways I know to get to Rampart Range from Co. Springs while the burn area is closed. Someone else might know another way.

Thx. The only way I know is going thru Garden of the Gods and accessing it there. Closed though.

bseblfrk09 05-09-2013 06:15 PM

Eagle rock has some awesome scenery. It is up on gold camp road. If don't want to do the trail you can just drive gold camp road from the springs to the cripple creek area. Pretty nice drive.


The time now is 12:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.