Colorado Jeepers Unite!!! - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Colorado Jeepers Unite!!!

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-25-2006, 07:39 AM   #781
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raab3485
For all you members without numbers. eelson etc. Let me know about a number, if you want one.
Any number is fine.

Spring creek is a pretty hard trail if you don't have a LS or lockers. The first obstacle has no bypass. If one person makes it up, then you can toss down a tow strap. The rock garden is pretty hard with 31” tires.

Pictures of my tiny jeep when it was tiny. Pictures don’t do the trail any justice.
http://www.rockfrogs.org/spring_creek_2004_1.html

I am excited! My rockers are done at the fab shop. It was hard finding a shop that could bend 1/4" steel that was willing to do a low dollar job.

Just a remind to everyone. Rockfrogs are still looking for membership (shameless promotion). www.rockfrogs.org

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2006, 08:49 AM   #782
1999 TJ

St Mary's is alot of winching but a good time. I chain up and never a problem. I dont know the trail number but it goes from fall river road over to black hawk. In the summer the trail will take less than a hour. In the snow it is 3-6. Some spots have very deep snow. For the guys with no winch they just hang back until a path is cut.
1999 Tj, RE Long arm 5.5, 1" body lift, 4.88 gears, detroit no spin rear d44, tru trac front d30, custom rear drive shaft, sye currie, Tera Low 231, Warn 8000xi, ps rock sliders, ps trail cage, ps crusher corners, 35-12.50r15 BFG MT, Mickey thompson wheels 15x12, Custom front and rear bumpers, jks discos, Re adj trackbars front and rear.
1999 TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2006, 09:01 AM   #783
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelson
Any number is fine.

Spring creek is a pretty hard trail if you don't have a LS or lockers. The first obstacle has no bypass. If one person makes it up, then you can toss down a tow strap. The rock garden is pretty hard with 31” tires.

Pictures of my tiny jeep when it was tiny. Pictures don’t do the trail any justice.
http://www.rockfrogs.org/spring_creek_2004_1.html

I am excited! My rockers are done at the fab shop. It was hard finding a shop that could bend 1/4" steel that was willing to do a low dollar job.

Just a remind to everyone. Rockfrogs are still looking for membership (shameless promotion). www.rockfrogs.org
I know someone who has the exact same setup I do minus the sliders and Trac-Lok, and she made it up just fine (other than some rocker damage). I'd like to think I could make it up. I'm just ready for some more challenging trails, not that there's anything wrong with the trails we've been doing.

I'm glad to hear your winter project is coming along. Next step is bending tube?

Regarding Rockfrogs, would a little Jeep like mine be out of place?
'51 CJ-3A

RyanZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2006, 09:15 AM   #784
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

wjRyan...Eric (eelson) is deperertly looking for a less built jeep to join the club so he doesn't have the least built Jeep in the club I have been thinking about it also but will probably wait until this summer when things settle down...
Unread 01-25-2006, 09:17 AM   #785
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjRyan
I know someone who has the exact same setup I do minus the sliders and Trac-Lok, and she made it up just fine (other than some rocker damage). I'd like to think I could make it up. I'm just ready for some more challenging trails, not that there's anything wrong with the trails we've been doing.

I'm glad to hear your winter project is coming along. Next step is bending tube?

Regarding Rockfrogs, would a little Jeep like mine be out of place?
Without a doubt it is do-able, it is just a warning that people should expect some damage at Spring Creek. We took a stock TJ through it. We straped him up the stuff he could do on his own.

I already started bending some tube. I made a front radaitor hoop. Actually I over bent it. I am still learning the bender.

I really don't think anyone is out of place with the rockfrogs. In the past, we have had stock rigs in the club. We run all types of trails (mild to extreme). Anyone can organize a trip. If you want to go somewhere, just let others know and they show up.

www.rockfrogs.org
Unread 01-25-2006, 09:52 AM   #786
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

Sounds good Eric. Maybe I'll join Rockfrogs this summer like the other Ryan.
'51 CJ-3A

Unread 01-25-2006, 10:15 AM   #787
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

I was thinking about joining as well, and was also thinking about waiting a while to do it. Looks like you may have 3 new members this summer.

How does #21 sound Eric?

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2006, 10:20 AM   #788
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raab3485
I was thinking about joining as well, and was also thinking about waiting a while to do it. Looks like you may have 3 new members this summer.

How does #21 sound Eric?
I like 21!!!

I would love to see you guys join the rockfrogs. I want to get a group of people together that love to wheel (and like to get out often), help each other out and learn from experience, and maybe grab some pizza and beers once in while.

I also would like to continue trail maintence on our adopted road.

www.rockfrogs.org
Unread 01-25-2006, 10:22 AM   #789
RAAB3485

2004 WJ 

Quote:
.....and maybe grab some pizza and beers once in while.
Well, by this summer I'll be 21.

Unread 01-25-2006, 10:22 AM   #790
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
wjRyan...Eric (eelson) is deperertly looking for a less built jeep to join the club so he doesn't have the least built Jeep in the club I have been thinking about it also but will probably wait until this summer when things settle down...
I think my brother is winning that one.

not a jeep, but not running either!

http://www.rockfrogs.org/Pictures/AE/4runner40ug.jpg

www.rockfrogs.org
Unread 01-25-2006, 10:25 AM   #791
RAAB3485

2004 WJ 

I used to have a baby blue 4Runner like that. I had the crappy IFS in mine. It was a royal pos, but it wouldn't die, that 22R is a great engine. After I sold it for kicks I ran a carfax on it and found out it had odometer fraud before I owned it. They had rolled it back almost 75k!!! And when I sold it it read 193k on the clock!!!!

Fun car though, put up with a lot of my abuse. I accidentally ramped it 15 feet through the air one night and didn't even mess up the alignment. Ran really well too, just had a ton of other problems, like rusting through the body.

Unread 01-25-2006, 10:28 AM   #792
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I like 21!!!

I would love to see you guys join the rockfrogs. I want to get a group of people together that love to wheel (and like to get out often), help each other out and learn from experience, and maybe grab some pizza and beers once in while.

I also would like to continue trail maintence on our adopted road.
That's all I'm really looking for in a club, and that's why I like getting out with this JeepForum group. During the summers I usually go out at least a couple times a week. Last summer I was going solo a lot, which isn't the best situation.

What road did the Rockfrogs adopt?
'51 CJ-3A

Unread 01-25-2006, 10:38 AM   #793
RAAB3485

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjRyan
Last summer I was going solo a lot, which isn't the best situation.
Same here. Ran into some guys in a bone stock YJ one time though. They made me feel good about my wheeling skills. I had to rescue them a couple of times. And then they ditched me and I was all alone for the last 2/3rds of Kelly Flats (thats a LONG way by yourself)

Unread 01-25-2006, 11:02 AM   #794
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

At least I don't have to worry about going solo anymore.
'51 CJ-3A

Unread 01-25-2006, 11:08 AM   #795
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

I still go solo a lot when I go up exploring the mountains for trails/mines. I like taking my time and exploring leisurely.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.