Colorado Jeepers Unite!!! - Page 501 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Colorado Jeepers Unite!!!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-17-2007, 11:16 AM   #7501
Naturalhoosier
1998 ZJ 

Picked up my Jeep from Stangs Auto Tech last night...BIG PLUG FOR THEM. They are off of 116th and Main St in Broomfield (next to the emmission's place).

They fixed up all of my leaks. They also found that ALL of my rear drive drive shaft bolts were loose and backing out. Lucky for me, they found them and torqued them back in. They also steamed the engine bay and all of the gunk from the leak! I've never seen the engine bay so freaking clean!!!

I need to get the coolant flushed (my freezing point is at 0 degrees when it should be -35...basically my water to coolant ratio is off) and change out the power steering fluid. But I'm so freaking happy that it's all cleared up. I'm ready to go back on the trails....8 months later.

My Ride: 1998 GC Limited
Colorado Jeep Club Member #15
Black Jeep Club Member #1976

Make the world a better place, punch a Boilermaker in the face!!!

Don't blame me...I didn't vote for him.
Naturalhoosier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:20 AM   #7502
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Did they tell you where the leaks were?

Memo to me: Don't work in an area where coolant can drip on your white polo shirt I was attempting to install my steering brace, and discovered the drip from a pinhole in my radiator...on my work shirt. Oops.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:25 AM   #7503
Naturalhoosier
1998 ZJ 

The tranny leak was a bad connector to the radiator (go figure) and the coolant leak was from a hose whose clamp wasn't tightened properly. Embarrassing I know...but in the whole scheme of things, I'm happy for it because I would have hated to lose my rear drive shaft as I am traveling down the road.

Plus I hate those clamps. If you tighten them TOO tight they brake. Stupid clamps! I probably should have just bought some T-Bolt clamps, but eh....

Unread 07-17-2007, 11:30 AM   #7504
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Good to hear Nick, those little nagging things are always the worst
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:35 AM   #7505
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

I'll have to double check my DS bolts then I guess...never even pictured that happening
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:39 AM   #7506
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

Nick,

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge for all of that? I'm tired of messing around with my Jeep at this point and I've still got a coolant leak I need fixed.
'51 CJ-3A

RyanZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:42 AM   #7507
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shag
What time? If I can find some ammo I would probably be up for this.
I was thinking afternoon, but I am flexable. I work nights, starting at 5:00 though.

I reload, and have a mess of .40 s&w if that is what you shoot.
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:43 AM   #7508
Naturalhoosier
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanZJ
Nick,

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge for all of that? I'm tired of messing around with my Jeep at this point and I've still got a coolant leak I need fixed.
Their prices are a little steep, but they are thorough as hell. Shoot...they even replaced my burnt out license plate bulbs! LOL They checked my diff fluids. I have a whole list of things they did, over and beyond what I requested. It was like $275 (90% labor 10% parts). But I think Ryan, you and I were at our wits ends w/the leaks. Money well spent IMO.

Ryan, they are great people. Tell them I referred you. The service manager Brian is a great guy and the owner Robert is freaking awesome. They have a website, just do a google on them.

Unread 07-17-2007, 11:46 AM   #7509
Naturalhoosier
1998 ZJ 

So who wants to go out and grab a bite to eat, drink a beer, and just BS on Thursday evening?

Unread 07-17-2007, 11:51 AM   #7510
Naturalhoosier
1998 ZJ 

Ryan...if you want I can look at my itemized receipt and see exactly how much was JUST the coolant issue.

Unread 07-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #7511
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturalhoosier
Their prices are a little steep, but they are thorough as hell. Shoot...they even replaced my burnt out license plate bulbs! LOL They checked my diff fluids. I have a whole list of things they did, over and beyond what I requested. It was like $275 (90% labor 10% parts). But I think Ryan, you and I were at our wits ends w/the leaks. Money well spent IMO.

Ryan, they are great people. Tell them I referred you. The service manager Brian is a great guy and the owner Robert is freaking awesome. They have a website, just do a google on them.
Thanks for the info, I'll do a little bit of research on them. That's actually not as expensive as I thought it'd be. It's worth it to me at this point. I busted up my hand again last night...and I'm sick of it.
'51 CJ-3A

RyanZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #7512
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturalhoosier
Picked up my Jeep from Stangs Auto Tech last night...BIG PLUG FOR THEM. They are off of 116th and Main St in Broomfield (next to the emmission's place).

They fixed up all of my leaks. They also found that ALL of my rear drive drive shaft bolts were loose and backing out. Lucky for me, they found them and torqued them back in. They also steamed the engine bay and all of the gunk from the leak! I've never seen the engine bay so freaking clean!!!

I need to get the coolant flushed (my freezing point is at 0 degrees when it should be -35...basically my water to coolant ratio is off) and change out the power steering fluid. But I'm so freaking happy that it's all cleared up. I'm ready to go back on the trails....8 months later.

Who worked on your Jeep? That's my buddy's shop. Mike is the lead tech (one of my best friends), and Nick is I think 2nd. Both good guys- great shop. Robert likes to do what he can to get his customers a good experience- they very often go that extra bit to make you happy. Glad to hear you had a good experience.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2007, 12:18 PM   #7513
Naturalhoosier
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUK9
Who worked on your Jeep? That's my buddy's shop. Mike is the lead tech (one of my best friends), and Nick is I think 2nd. Both good guys- great shop. Robert likes to do what he can to get his customers a good experience- they very often go that extra bit to make you happy. Glad to hear you had a good experience.
Umm...I'd have to look at my receipt to see who the tech was. I go to church w/Robert and his family (knew their faces, but never knew their names). Very nice and honest, hard working folks!

Unread 07-17-2007, 12:44 PM   #7514
Shag
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster93
I was thinking afternoon, but I am flexable. I work nights, starting at 5:00 though.

I reload, and have a mess of .40 s&w if that is what you shoot.
I'll see if I am free in the afternoon. Thanks for the offer, but those wouldn't do to well out of my .45.

What kind of reloading setup do you have? I have been thinking about getting into that for awhile now.

Shaun
Buy Shag A Lifetime Membership
Quote:
Originally Posted by afbond03
....just need a nice tug it would be really simple to get me from behind just pull me back....
rbowling is a thief. I bought these gears from him, and now I am out my money and still no gears. Do not trust him.
Shag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2007, 06:24 PM   #7515
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I use a Rock Crusher IV reloader. The expensive part of reloading is time. I try to reload a few hundred rounds at a time but it will take an entire afternoon to do so.
If you got the brass, reloading is cheap money wise. The brass is the most expensive part of it. In my cal, brass is about 40 cents each($20 for 50), but can be reused at least 4 to 6 times.
A box of Winchester red box for a .40 s&w from Wally world is $9 easy, and red box is crappy, dirty ammo. My reloads are clean, top of the line powder.
I can reload 50 rounds for about $2.50 to $3.00 less the brass. AND, this a big AND..I reload better ammo than most of the boxed stuff. Hornaday is hand loaded but is also too expensive to shoot. I also load FBI rounds for personal protection...these babies rock, and are very hard to buy preloaded. These FBI loads don't go bang, they go boom. Loaded with gold dot bullets, these will make a hole in ballistics gel 7 inches deep and 4 inches around...BOOM.

I think in the smaller calibers, 9mm and down, reloading isn't cost effective, only quality. But in the bigger calibers...cheap as chips.
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.