Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Colorado Jeepers Unite!!!

852K views 13K replies 264 participants last post by  ArloGuthroJeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, back in the Grand Cherokee forum, there were some pics of a trail run a fellow Colorado Jeeper went on recently. Imediately he got 3 or 4 responses from other Colorado Jeepers, to let them know next time he goes up, because we all wanted to go. I say, we unite somehow, and let other Colo Jeepers know when a trail run is imminant. I mean, we all know just how many trails there are in Colo. Easy ones, hard ones, long ones short ones (I'm talking about 4x4 trails guys come on, keep your mind out of the gutter) etc. Theres pretty much something for everyone here, and maybe we could start a "Colorado Jeep Club Member #X" or whatever, to kind of "identify" ourselves, so we know who to let know of upcoming trail runs.

Comments? Ideas? Insults? Derogatory Words? Anyone?

Let me know what you think.

PS If we start the "Colorado Jeep Club Member#X" thing, I want Number 1.

Edit:

List so far, I'll update it as often as possible

Membership list has been moved to the Sticky in the Colorado Jeep Club Forum.

See less See more
#12,317 ·
How much did you end up with? We only got 1/2 :( Is everything as bad as the news is making it lol?

#12,316 ·
We need a TF999 tranny from a CJ. We are building a rock crawler project in our high school shop and need to replace the 727 we have due to DL clearances etc. Cost needs to be kept down, but do have 2 chevy 350 2wd trannies we can trade if needed. Most importantly we need the setup to bolt to an amc360 and dana 300 xnsfer case.

Shoot us a PM if you can help out in any way. Here is our weak build thread, all we have done so far is take it all apart. But we have scured the following in part for the build: Newer YJ tub, Dana 60 front passenger drop, 14 bolt rear, AMC 360 with about 5000 on rebuild, TF727(can't used due to clearance issues) Dana 300, Twin stick for dana 300 there is more I am sure...

Here is our build:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/official-valdez-build-thread-high-school-1256791/

#12,323 ·
I am so jealous! The ski areas up here are hurtin' pretty bad. So are all the businesses that rely on the tourists :( Maybe next go 'round we will catch some! I keep sendin up prayers to Ullr...might have to try some sort of sacrifice next :rofl:

#12,325 ·
Well when the snow all melts away keep an eye out for a TF999 tranny for me...

We need a TF999 tranny from a CJ. We are building a rock crawler project in our high school shop and need to replace the 727 we have due to DL clearances etc. Cost needs to be kept down, but do have 2 chevy 350 2wd trannies we can trade if needed. Most importantly we need the setup to bolt to an amc360 and dana 300 xnsfer case.

Shoot us a PM if you can help out in any way. Here is our weak build thread, all we have done so far is take it all apart. But we have scured the following in part for the build: Newer YJ tub, Dana 60 front passenger drop, 14 bolt rear, AMC 360 with about 5000 on rebuild, TF727(can't used due to clearance issues) Dana 300, Twin stick for dana 300 there is more I am sure...

Here is our build:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/official-valdez-build-thread-high-school-1256791/

#12,337 ·
Size doesn't matter.

#12,338 ·
Back from Moab.
Had fun.

A side note: the super fund site north of town, the old uranium mill, they are removing all the tailing piles. These piles cover dozens of acres and are a hundred feet tall.
They took the cover off the big pile that they put on years ago.
The wind blows in Moab...a lot...everyday.
Hold your breath while in Moab. That tailing pile is a massive dust maker(the tailings are lighter, smaller than normal dirt.) A radioactive dust storm. SWEET. Adding to the mystic of Moab...a shorter life.
OMG. What the heck are they thinking???
It felt VERY dangerous.

Had fun on the trails though, even if I am glowing in the dark now...

#12,340 ·
Sounds like a 'glowing' report.

#12,339 ·
Glad you made it back Tom.

I've been wondering for years what the excavation was up by Potash road. Now I know. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.