Colorado Jeepers Unite!!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Colorado Jeepers Unite!!!

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-24-2005, 12:26 PM   #31
Quick636

So I guess I would be #9?

My 88 is pretty much bone stock too, not sure on how trail ready it is yet.

Last edited by Quick636; 10-24-2005 at 12:40 PM..
Quick636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2005, 01:18 PM   #32
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Even stock are plenty of places in Colorado to go play around on. I know a lot of them around the foothills here so if you're ever looking to go up give me a PM...I enjoy being outdoors so easy trails are cool with me as well as difficult trails Just get some skids before you go out if you don't have any yet
Unread 10-24-2005, 01:31 PM   #33
Quick636

Yeah, I've literally had the jeep for two days now, so the list is already growing rapidly

[URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1528399#post1528399]Colorado Jeep Club Member #9[/URL]
Quick636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2005, 02:12 PM   #34
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

9 Members. Not too shabby. We definately need to organize a run. I just wish I didn't work so darn much.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2005, 03:28 PM   #35
camoTJ

oooooo crawlorado
Unread 10-24-2005, 06:32 PM   #36
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raab3485
9 Members. Not too shabby. We definately need to organize a run. I just wish I didn't work so darn much.
Ryan (ArloGuthroJeep) already organized a small run last weekend, but I was unable to go due to illness.

Maybe we should plan something a couple weeks in advance so people can make arrangements as necessary? It looks like the majority of the "Colorado Jeep Club" memebers are stock or close to it, so we'd need to keep that in mind. I personally don't mind hammering on my ride once and a while, but I know most people don't like to.

Does anyone know of any trails that have both moderate/difficult and easy lines?
'51 CJ-3A

RyanZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2005, 06:41 PM   #37
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Sorry you couldn't make it Ryan. We had fun...I'm sure you saw my pics thread...waiting for Arlo to get his pics offloaded. He took a bundle. Johnny Park was a nice ride. Multiple lines at every obstacle...and we didn't break anything! SOME protection would be good though. I whacked my radiator support once and my cross-member once too. Not too hard though. Beautiful country up there, and my toddler had fun too.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2005, 06:48 PM   #38
RAAB3485

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjRyan
Ryan (ArloGuthroJeep) already organized a small run last weekend, but I was unable to go due to illness.

Maybe we should plan something a couple weeks in advance so people can make arrangements as necessary? It looks like the majority of the "Colorado Jeep Club" memebers are stock or close to it, so we'd need to keep that in mind. I personally don't mind hammering on my ride once and a while, but I know most people don't like to.

Does anyone know of any trails that have both moderate/difficult and easy lines?
Yeah he offered for me to go as well, but I had to work. We definately need to plan another one, just a few weeks out so we can plan accordingly. I ran Kelly Flats (north of Fort Collins) in my stock WJ, it was a blast. It was definatlye a challenge in a stocker. I also ran Moody Hill with my girlfriend in her TJ. Not sure if a Grand would make it past this one obstacle, its pretty tough, but I bet with the right spotting it would be possible. This one is very scenic. Thats all I've done recently enough to know what shape they are in though. I always check www.traildamage.com for info on trails.

Unread 10-24-2005, 09:14 PM   #39
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

Moody Hill sounds pretty entertaining, especially the quarry at the top. I think you would be surprised what even a stock Jeep can go over when equipped with a good driver and spotter.

Let's do it!
'51 CJ-3A

Unread 10-24-2005, 09:16 PM   #40
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites
Sorry you couldn't make it Ryan. We had fun...I'm sure you saw my pics thread...waiting for Arlo to get his pics offloaded. He took a bundle. Johnny Park was a nice ride. Multiple lines at every obstacle...and we didn't break anything! SOME protection would be good though. I whacked my radiator support once and my cross-member once too. Not too hard though. Beautiful country up there, and my toddler had fun too.
Yeah, I'm hoping I can get in on the next one. Glad to hear the toddler had fun, but more importantly, did the wife enjoy it? If so, you are one lucky man.

Armor is critical. I wouldn't do half of what I do without it.
'51 CJ-3A

Unread 10-24-2005, 09:17 PM   #41
RAAB3485

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjRyan
Moody Hill sounds pretty entertaining, especially the quarry at the top. I think you would be surprised what even a stock Jeep can go over when equipped with a good driver and spotter.

Let's do it!
I'm all for it. The rock quarry, there is NO WAY a stock WJ would make it. Or a stock Wrangler. Or a stock Rubicon. Probably not even a stock tank. Its pretty crazy. You literally get face to face with about a 4 foot vertical rock face, that you have to somehow get up. Anybody else feel free to try it, I'm not going to. I'll take the pics!!!

I'm definately down for a Moody Hill run though. It was beautiful up there a few weeks ago. I'd love to run it in the WJ too.

Unread 10-24-2005, 09:22 PM   #42
MR.CLIFFORD
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcphilaflyer
You can keep your boring no-scenery having trails to yourself.........

stupid kansas

MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2005, 10:22 PM   #43
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Ok everyone, how is November 5th/6th sound? If that only works for some or no one I would be down with going up on the 12th/13th as well (I am going up both weekends anyways). More fun with more Jeepers though

Once we know who is coming it is easier to pick a trail so we know what they are capable of. Hopefully the snow storms stay off a bit longer so we can get some more trails in.

Also if anyone wants to do small trips (Like the short Caribou run, Switzerland trail, etc...) they are easy, stockers can do them, are fun, and I am up for heading into the mountains any time (after work and weekends )

-Ryan
Unread 10-25-2005, 12:08 AM   #44
RAAB3485

2004 WJ 

I've got 2 people here (Leslie and I) that can do either. The 5th or 6th is still far enough out I can get it off, and obviously if it works better for everyone else the next weekend is good too.

So that would make
1. WJ with BB and Sliders (Ryan)
2. WJ Bone Stock (Eric)
3. TJ With 31s and Rubicon Springs. (Leslie) (Basically has the clearance of a Rubi, just no lockers )

Unread 10-25-2005, 11:04 AM   #45
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

The 6th would work really well for me. I'm already going to be in Boulder that morning because I'm going to the CU game on Saturday.

Moody Hill sounds like a pretty good trail for everyone from stock to modded.
'51 CJ-3A

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.