Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Colorado Jeepers Unite!!!

852K views 13K replies 264 participants last post by  ArloGuthroJeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, back in the Grand Cherokee forum, there were some pics of a trail run a fellow Colorado Jeeper went on recently. Imediately he got 3 or 4 responses from other Colorado Jeepers, to let them know next time he goes up, because we all wanted to go. I say, we unite somehow, and let other Colo Jeepers know when a trail run is imminant. I mean, we all know just how many trails there are in Colo. Easy ones, hard ones, long ones short ones (I'm talking about 4x4 trails guys come on, keep your mind out of the gutter) etc. Theres pretty much something for everyone here, and maybe we could start a "Colorado Jeep Club Member #X" or whatever, to kind of "identify" ourselves, so we know who to let know of upcoming trail runs.

Comments? Ideas? Insults? Derogatory Words? Anyone?

Let me know what you think.

PS If we start the "Colorado Jeep Club Member#X" thing, I want Number 1.

Edit:

List so far, I'll update it as often as possible

Membership list has been moved to the Sticky in the Colorado Jeep Club Forum.

See less See more
#553 ·
Now that I have a date (not the girl kind:() and have signed up for GSW 2006 I have started/continued to plan out my next step for my Jeep:rolleyes:

I have spent the past hour budgeting out my expenses and kind of lumped them out into two stages.

1) Kevins 4" lift w/MX6 shocks and JKS adjustable disconnects (~$2150)
2) 5 x 32's + steelies + new OME SS(~$1350)

I hope to get both steps done by June 9th...I don't need the 32's to go there but would be nice to have by then:D

Who else is planning on hitting up GSW? (GSW = Grand Slam West = Grand Cherokee's only)

#554 ·
ArloGuthroJeep said:
Now that I have a date (not the girl kind:() and have signed up for GSW 2006 I have started/continued to plan out my next step for my Jeep:rolleyes:

I have spent the past hour budgeting out my expenses and kind of lumped them out into two stages.

1) Kevins 4" lift w/MX6 shocks and JKS adjustable disconnects (~$2150)
2) 5 x 32's + steelies + new OME SS(~$1350)

I hope to get both steps done by June 9th...I don't need the 32's to go there but would be nice to have by then:D

Who else is planning on hitting up GSW? (GSW = Grand Slam West = Grand Cherokee's only)
Why do you torture me with all of this GSW talk!?:(

I've been thinking of taking that next step for a while now. I'm probably going to go with Kevin's hybrid 4.5" w/ MX-6s and 315/70/16s. I thinking that should keep me happy for at least another year.:rolleyes:

What are you going to do for gearing? Don't tell me you're keeping the crappy 3.55s?

#555 ·
I'd like to go but not sure yet. I need to get gears done before i go much bigger. And i need to get some rock sliders.

#556 ·
Who else is planning on hitting up GSW? (GSW = Grand Slam West = Grand Cherokee's only)[/QUOTE]

Ryan,
I will be attending. I can't wait, I missed it last year. I have a few mods that I need to complete to prior to attending.

Kevin's Bumpstops...ugh I rub so bad when discoed
Spidertrax wheel spacers.....again the rubing issue
And finally a rear bumper. Either the Trail Ready or the Custom 4x4 with a tire carrier. It looks like custom has redesigned the bumper to make the tire fit much tighter. Let me know what you think would be better.

http://www.custom4x4fabrication.com/album/pages/Gray 3.htm
http://www.custom4x4fabrication.com/album/pages/Gray 2.htm
http://www.custom4x4fabrication.com/album/pages/Gray 1.htm

#557 ·
I like that rear bumper, its the best fitting one I have seen so far for the WJ...

Yes wjRyan, I'll probably be headed out there with my 3.55's:rolleyes:

I know I won't have the funds to go to 4.56 because at the same time I want to install an ARB in my front and I am not doing this step until I have 32's...4.56 with 31's would be :(

#558 ·
ArloGuthroJeep said:
I like that rear bumper, its the best fitting one I have seen so far for the WJ...

Yes wjRyan, I'll probably be headed out there with my 3.55's:rolleyes:

I know I won't have the funds to go to 4.56 because at the same time I want to install an ARB in my front and I am not doing this step until I have 32's...4.56 with 31's would be :(
I really like that rear bumper as well.

Arlo, you're right about 4.56 and 31s.

#560 ·
ArloGuthroJeep said:
You think 315/70/16's will fit under 4.5" of lift:confused:
Wow those are 33x12's I would love to know if they would fit because that would open other options for me. I just bought my 265/70/17 BFG AT's but now I want a mud terrain. If I can get some one to buy my BFGs I am going to get the Super Swamper SSRs.

My guess is that you would want a 6" lift to make 33's work. But if you don't mind trimming you should be fine too. I just don't like to trim.

#567 ·
ArloGuthroJeep said:
Up to you, that'll probably confuse me as well:rolleyes:
Or you could change it to Bob...that'll really mess with his head.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#568 ·
Ok......now that I had that "trip" with all of you up to Slaughterhouse I had to go out and get some stuff. ARGGHH!!!!!! heheh My wife is going to kill me.

Here's my list:

[FONT=arial,helvetica] Mopar Up Country springs
2 1/8" spring spacers
Teraflex bumpstop extensions
DT3000 series shocks
OME steering stabilizer
[/FONT]

hahahah Who wants to have an install party!?!?!?

#571 ·
Need any help let me know also. I live in lakewood so not to far away.

#572 ·
I'll be there Nick - holler if you need help :thumbsup:

#573 ·
Eric, Ryan, Mtnbiker, Jimbo, you guys freaking rock! I'll let everyone know when the parts arrive and we can go from there.

I do have a question though. Would anyone mind opening their garage to me? I have a garage, but I live in a townhome....it's a very VERY small bay. It's a tight spot with just two people, I can't image 5 or 6. It's one of those units that has a two-car but my neighbor has the other bay. I might just ask her if she wouldn't mind us borrowing it for the day and that would be that. If she says no, would anyone mind us invading their garage? I can pay in beer and pizza and of course some financial contribution if necessary.

But either way, I will be supplying beer and pizza!! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.