Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Colorado Jeepers Unite!!!

852K views 13K replies 264 participants last post by  ArloGuthroJeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, back in the Grand Cherokee forum, there were some pics of a trail run a fellow Colorado Jeeper went on recently. Imediately he got 3 or 4 responses from other Colorado Jeepers, to let them know next time he goes up, because we all wanted to go. I say, we unite somehow, and let other Colo Jeepers know when a trail run is imminant. I mean, we all know just how many trails there are in Colo. Easy ones, hard ones, long ones short ones (I'm talking about 4x4 trails guys come on, keep your mind out of the gutter) etc. Theres pretty much something for everyone here, and maybe we could start a "Colorado Jeep Club Member #X" or whatever, to kind of "identify" ourselves, so we know who to let know of upcoming trail runs.

Comments? Ideas? Insults? Derogatory Words? Anyone?

Let me know what you think.

PS If we start the "Colorado Jeep Club Member#X" thing, I want Number 1.

Edit:

List so far, I'll update it as often as possible

Membership list has been moved to the Sticky in the Colorado Jeep Club Forum.

See less See more
#28 ·
I'd be down for some Colorado wheelin'. Although my WJ is stock apart from some recovery points, so easy to moderate trails for me. Just let me know. What number are we on? #8?

#29 ·
rockymtndave said:
I'd be down for some Colorado wheelin'. Although my WJ is stock apart from some recovery points, so easy to moderate trails for me. Just let me know. What number are we on? #8?
dont worry you will be fine! I think it was arloguthrie that atfrith, regen, and I ran into on bill moore, he had zero issues, in fact after that he was ready to run wheeler lake which is a little more difficult.

#30 ·
Who's organizing a JF Colorado Jeepers Club run.? I'm down :thumbsup: . Theres a few weekends left for passable trails in the mountains. A meet and greet with a moderate trail run would be cool. I've got a couple ideas and always willing to try new stuff. :wave:

#36 ·
Raab3485 said:
9 Members. Not too shabby. We definately need to organize a run. I just wish I didn't work so darn much. :brickwall
Ryan (ArloGuthroJeep) already organized a small run last weekend, but I was unable to go due to illness.

Maybe we should plan something a couple weeks in advance so people can make arrangements as necessary? It looks like the majority of the "Colorado Jeep Club" memebers are stock or close to it, so we'd need to keep that in mind. I personally don't mind hammering on my ride once and a while, but I know most people don't like to.

Does anyone know of any trails that have both moderate/difficult and easy lines?

#37 ·
Sorry you couldn't make it Ryan. We had fun...I'm sure you saw my pics thread...waiting for Arlo to get his pics offloaded. He took a bundle. Johnny Park was a nice ride. Multiple lines at every obstacle...and we didn't break anything! SOME protection would be good though. I whacked my radiator support once and my cross-member once too. Not too hard though. Beautiful country up there, and my toddler had fun too.

#38 ·
wjRyan said:
Ryan (ArloGuthroJeep) already organized a small run last weekend, but I was unable to go due to illness.

Maybe we should plan something a couple weeks in advance so people can make arrangements as necessary? It looks like the majority of the "Colorado Jeep Club" memebers are stock or close to it, so we'd need to keep that in mind. I personally don't mind hammering on my ride once and a while, but I know most people don't like to.

Does anyone know of any trails that have both moderate/difficult and easy lines?
Yeah he offered for me to go as well, but I had to work. We definately need to plan another one, just a few weeks out so we can plan accordingly. I ran Kelly Flats (north of Fort Collins) in my stock WJ, it was a blast. It was definatlye a challenge in a stocker. I also ran Moody Hill with my girlfriend in her TJ. Not sure if a Grand would make it past this one obstacle, its pretty tough, but I bet with the right spotting it would be possible. This one is very scenic. Thats all I've done recently enough to know what shape they are in though. I always check www.traildamage.com for info on trails.

#40 ·
FPKites said:
Sorry you couldn't make it Ryan. We had fun...I'm sure you saw my pics thread...waiting for Arlo to get his pics offloaded. He took a bundle. Johnny Park was a nice ride. Multiple lines at every obstacle...and we didn't break anything! SOME protection would be good though. I whacked my radiator support once and my cross-member once too. Not too hard though. Beautiful country up there, and my toddler had fun too.
Yeah, I'm hoping I can get in on the next one. Glad to hear the toddler had fun, but more importantly, did the wife enjoy it? If so, you are one lucky man.

Armor is critical. I wouldn't do half of what I do without it.

#41 ·
wjRyan said:
Moody Hill sounds pretty entertaining, especially the quarry at the top. I think you would be surprised what even a stock Jeep can go over when equipped with a good driver and spotter.

Let's do it!
I'm all for it. The rock quarry, there is NO WAY a stock WJ would make it. Or a stock Wrangler. Or a stock Rubicon. Probably not even a stock tank. Its pretty crazy. You literally get face to face with about a 4 foot vertical rock face, that you have to somehow get up. Anybody else feel free to try it, I'm not going to. I'll take the pics!!! :thumbsup:

I'm definately down for a Moody Hill run though. It was beautiful up there a few weeks ago. I'd love to run it in the WJ too.

#43 ·
Ok everyone, how is November 5th/6th sound? If that only works for some or no one I would be down with going up on the 12th/13th as well (I am going up both weekends anyways). More fun with more Jeepers though:thumbsup:

Once we know who is coming it is easier to pick a trail so we know what they are capable of. Hopefully the snow storms stay off a bit longer so we can get some more trails in.

Also if anyone wants to do small trips (Like the short Caribou run, Switzerland trail, etc...) they are easy, stockers can do them, are fun, and I am up for heading into the mountains any time (after work and weekends:thumbsup: )

-Ryan

#44 ·
I've got 2 people here (Leslie and I) that can do either. The 5th or 6th is still far enough out I can get it off, and obviously if it works better for everyone else the next weekend is good too.

So that would make
1. WJ with BB and Sliders (Ryan)
2. WJ Bone Stock (Eric)
3. TJ With 31s and Rubicon Springs. (Leslie) (Basically has the clearance of a Rubi, just no lockers :brickwall )

#46 ·
wjRyan said:
The 6th would work really well for me. I'm already going to be in Boulder that morning because I'm going to the CU game on Saturday.

Moody Hill sounds like a pretty good trail for everyone from stock to modded.
Agreed. I was thinking the 6th sounded good also. Thing is, Moody Hill is just outside of Fort Collins if you guys are all willing to drive up here. Its beautiful though. Its just a bit of a drive past Horsetooth Resevoir.

Perfect for anyone Stock to Modded as well :thumbsup:

#48 ·
Dammit, I hate working on the weekends :brickwall

#50 ·
Raab3485 said:
Agreed. I was thinking the 6th sounded good also. Thing is, Moody Hill is just outside of Fort Collins if you guys are all willing to drive up here. Its beautiful though. Its just a bit of a drive past Horsetooth Resevoir.

Do you have a meeting place and time?

#51 ·
Raab3485 said:

I don't have any problem with driving to Ft. Collins. As I said, I'm already going to be in Boulder anyway so that'll take 30 or so minutes out of the drive up there.

Ryan--maybe we can meet somewhere in Boulder on Monday morning and head up together? I'm staying @ my brother's place located at 29th and Baseline.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.