Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Colorado Jeepers Unite!!!

852K views 13K replies 264 participants last post by  ArloGuthroJeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, back in the Grand Cherokee forum, there were some pics of a trail run a fellow Colorado Jeeper went on recently. Imediately he got 3 or 4 responses from other Colorado Jeepers, to let them know next time he goes up, because we all wanted to go. I say, we unite somehow, and let other Colo Jeepers know when a trail run is imminant. I mean, we all know just how many trails there are in Colo. Easy ones, hard ones, long ones short ones (I'm talking about 4x4 trails guys come on, keep your mind out of the gutter) etc. Theres pretty much something for everyone here, and maybe we could start a "Colorado Jeep Club Member #X" or whatever, to kind of "identify" ourselves, so we know who to let know of upcoming trail runs.

Comments? Ideas? Insults? Derogatory Words? Anyone?

Let me know what you think.

PS If we start the "Colorado Jeep Club Member#X" thing, I want Number 1.

Edit:

List so far, I'll update it as often as possible

Membership list has been moved to the Sticky in the Colorado Jeep Club Forum.

See less See more
#427 ·
I have no idea, anthony has been offline a lot lately. I may not be the only one with ATs but I will be the only one with some half bald ones maybe more than half haha.

#428 ·
I can make it

#430 ·
Tomarows monday right???? Damn just checked the calender its still too far away. :(

#433 ·
I think the only thing that could any sort of challenge would be the only obstacle on the trail the mogul hill. Last time we went the ruts were all iced over.

#434 ·
Last time I went up there the forest service had freshly torn up the hill (not the one on the right when facing up, the one on the left that connects to the trail)...That what you talking about?

I heard that it is supposed to be closed off:dunno: Now that I think about it maybe just the top half is supposed to be closed. Guy I went up with last time got stuck going up:D Well not stuck, just didn't go forward anymore (locked in the rear)

#436 ·
No, it's not that hill. It's not too far after the big open space (where most people get the group shots):

Not this particular hill, but a bit further up. It is right after a right hand turn on the trail, and it then goes up the hill, snaking around a bit to the left. I don't have a great pic of it, but it's not too far after the main meadow area. This is about the best shot I have...which isn't saying too much for the area he's talking about. (this is right at the beginning of the hill, before it starts to go up)

#437 ·
Also I believe the VERY first hill that we come on before a sharp left turn is closed, I dont remember the name but according to co4x4 its a closed obstacle.

I think the main obstacle will remain doable as long as spinning is kept to a minimum. We had one area that was just turned into an ice floor. KUK and Atfrith should remember.

#438 ·
ArloGuthroJeep said:
BlueJ come up with some trails down near CS and we'll plan a trip down there...either a winter run or a spring/summer run its all good:D I have an old friend I haven't talked to in years but he owned land in a valley west of CS that was absolutly beautiful. I didn't want to go offroading that night cause I was drinking so some of my friends went offroading in an 80's volvo:rolleyes: After about 3 hours we hadn't heard from them and found them highcentered a couple miles away...I went and rescued them:D
I already know of tons of short trails here, but the really good ones are closed right now Hackett Gulch and some like that are a bit too intense for non locked/winched jeeps. But there are hundreds of miles behind Pikes Peak. Oh, and another thing, I changed my mind, I am in, I can't resist this urge. Sure it is a hell of a way to travel, but damn, it is a big group and I have never done that!!!! So, I am there!!!

Besides, I bought my TJ in Morrison last year, it will be good for her to get back to her roots, if only for a day!!!

#442 ·
#444 ·
Im thinking about coming, I havent had my wheeling fix in awhile, plus Slaughterhouse is so damm fun in the snow. I am supost to work on Monday, but I might just call into work that day :rofl:

#445 ·
So who all is officially going?? I think there are like 8-9 total??

#448 ·
My new shocks are in too, so don't have to deal with the mush I did on the last runs. Too bad my crossmember didn't make it in. Kevin gave that to the UPS guy yesterday, so I'll receive it next week. So, no skids, but great shocks :thumbsup:

#450 ·
Well I wasn't just going to wait around for Monday so I had to go play in the mountains today. Just got this camera so learning what settings work best for the pics.
Click here for all the pics. Below just a few of them:
Incoming storm that will hopefully drop some more snow for us by Monday

Posing:D

Now for the actual trail, busted through a couple hunded feet of packed snow until I got stuck:D

Eventually dug myself out:

And basically repeated this several more times as I kept running into snow drifts:banana:
Turns out the FS closed the rest of this trail about 3/4 of the way to the end:( No idea why.

See everyone on Monday @ The Fort!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.