Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Colorado Jeepers Unite!!!

852K views 13K replies 264 participants last post by  ArloGuthroJeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, back in the Grand Cherokee forum, there were some pics of a trail run a fellow Colorado Jeeper went on recently. Imediately he got 3 or 4 responses from other Colorado Jeepers, to let them know next time he goes up, because we all wanted to go. I say, we unite somehow, and let other Colo Jeepers know when a trail run is imminant. I mean, we all know just how many trails there are in Colo. Easy ones, hard ones, long ones short ones (I'm talking about 4x4 trails guys come on, keep your mind out of the gutter) etc. Theres pretty much something for everyone here, and maybe we could start a "Colorado Jeep Club Member #X" or whatever, to kind of "identify" ourselves, so we know who to let know of upcoming trail runs.

Comments? Ideas? Insults? Derogatory Words? Anyone?

Let me know what you think.

PS If we start the "Colorado Jeep Club Member#X" thing, I want Number 1.

Edit:

List so far, I'll update it as often as possible

Membership list has been moved to the Sticky in the Colorado Jeep Club Forum.

See less See more
#377 ·
mtnbiker4791 said:
Here's what I can tell on #'s right now.

1. RABB3485
2. ArloGuthroJeep
3. wjRyan
4. JeepGirlSurf
5. FPKites
6. xjrrrdx
7. scottcha
8. rockymtndave
9. Quick636
10. DreamsOfMoab
11. Ryan1341
12. parky
13. sailingnut
14. mtnbiker4791
15. Naturalhoosier

17. DamiJab

59. Colorado 5.9

66. KUK9

If I missed anyone sorry
Maybe we should put this list (and keep it updated) in the first post of this thread?

#380 ·
I am not sure if I will make it. With this weather who knows if there will be much snow or not.

#382 ·
So, if a Springs guy were to go, how far away are we talking? I am off on the 2nd and would attend if the pocket book allows for gas and whatnot. If it is cool, I will take #16. I know it doesn't matter, but hey we all need friends, lol. Let me know please (about the trip).

#384 ·
Just take 25 north to C-470 to 285 and head west (yeah, yeah...south, technically). I'm pretty sure the best meet spot is the gas station just short of Aspen Park, but I'll have to make sure.

The wife is starting to hint that it may be okay for me to go...let's cross fingers :thumbsup:

Should hopefully have my new DT shocks in too! I'll have to try out my new Craftsman jack - even though you don't really need it for shocks :D

#385 ·
ArloGuthroJeep said:
Welcome to spot 16:thumbsup: Or 96, but you can't have both;)
16, done.

Dang that is a jaunt for me. that would be about 100 miles up there, wheelin, and about 100 miles back. Hmmmmmmm that be a lot for fun. Damn I wish I had a plane with a cargo bay. Don't want to lie, i will sit that one out. Not enough $ for gas, damn christmas and girlfriends!! :brickwall

#386 ·
Sorry to hear you can't make it. We'll have plenty of runs over the coming months/years. Maybe we can even make a trip down to your neck of the woods - hey! we have a new scouter for southern trails!

#387 ·
BlueJ come up with some trails down near CS and we'll plan a trip down there...either a winter run or a spring/summer run its all good:D I have an old friend I haven't talked to in years but he owned land in a valley west of CS that was absolutly beautiful. I didn't want to go offroading that night cause I was drinking so some of my friends went offroading in an 80's volvo:rolleyes: After about 3 hours we hadn't heard from them and found them highcentered a couple miles away...I went and rescued them:D

#389 ·
I'm still planning on going up but I need to finalize some plans before Thursday since I'll be out of town from Friday until Sunday night. I just repainted my rocker guards today, so I need to go scratch them up again anyway.

I was actually just reading a trip report from Slaughterhouse Dec 18 on Colorado4x4.org. Looks like they had fun.

#390 ·
It's looking more and more like I will be able to go. Hopefully, I'll have a couple people with me, and hopefully another rig. When and where are we meeting?

#392 · (Edited)
How does 10:30am at The Fort sound? Click on the link in my sig for updated info.

Any word on the following people coming?
DreamsOfMoab (Tentative)
FPKites (Pending wifes approval:laugh: )
mtnbiker4791 (Tentative)
Raab3485 (Needs to get off work)
Rubi Unlimited (You coming?)
scottcha (Maybe if you get your tires on in time?)

Looks like some snow is planned for this weekend so hopefully we'll get a fresh dump...that would be awesome:D

-Ryan

#394 ·
Not sure if there is a faster way from Ft. Collins or not, I only know the US6 -->285 method. So if you plan on taking that same way can meet up in Boulder or Golden if you want to. Best I currently know: From US-93 head South into Golden and onto US6. Hop onto C470 (South?) by taking a right and then take C470 ~6.5 miles to US285 and head West (Right I believe). That'll take you the rest of the way until you reach the gas station.

Lat: 39°26'22.97"N
Long: 105°27'18.08"W

30's might be ok but will have some challenges on stuff like this:

Looks like there is a bypass on the side:dunno:Don't remember that last time I was there though.

I thought the wrangler was having tire issues?

Let me know if you need more specific directions. I don't know the area very well so I have just been using google earth to figure it all out.

#395 ·
I have no idea which gas station that is, and I don't have a GPS. Maybe an easier place to meet would be the Fort restaurant right past Morrison on 285?

Eric - Probably the best way for you to go is down I-25 South to I-76 West to I-70 West to C-470 to 285. That way you can avoid the clusterf**ck otherwise known as Boulder and stick to the highways.

#396 ·
#399 ·
I will keep track of this thread to do one of these trips in the future. Would prefer to go on a "First Timers trip" as I am new to Jeeps and very new to offroading. That and the Jeeps brand new and I dont want to scratch it.................<--- Just kidding there but I will have to tag along on a later trip.

#401 ·
Rubi Unlimited said:
I will keep track of this thread to do one of these trips in the future. Would prefer to go on a "First Timers trip" as I am new to Jeeps and very new to offroading. That and the Jeeps brand new and I dont want to scratch it.................<--- Just kidding there but I will have to tag along on a later trip.
This might actually be a good trip for a first timer. I've never been on the trail myself, but I'm not under the impression that there is much rock crawling on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.