Colorado Jeepers Unite!!! - Page 112 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1666 of 12519 Old 03-17-2006, 11:31 PM
xjrrrdx

Well I still have an Fd up idle and extremely hard start. Lets see what I have replaced, TPS, IAC, MAP. And still nothing, its running REALLY rich, i had a guy from co4x4 come over this evening and he did some tests and said my MAP is shot. It was giving the improper readings, it was thinking I was at WOT so I my jeep is basically dumping fuel into the engine thinking I am flooring it and is running rich. I dont know where else to look now, so he is coming back tomorrow to test some more.

96 XJ 159k
RE ZJ 3.5" coils with 1.75" spacer, DPG 5" springs, JKS 1" shackle/ Black Steelies 4" BS/ 34" Trxus MT / RK 3-link LA / Rock Monitor Front Bumper / RE XD Trackbar w/ mount / C-Rok Rear Bumper / Aussie Front Locker / AJs Sliders, RE H&T
www.rocklizardfabrications.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1667 of 12519 Old 03-18-2006, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
TB? Track bar? Tie Rod? the new tie rod doesn't come with ends. Just reuse the original ones as they are plenty beefy enough Eventually got it off with a monkey wrench. Now the track bar on the other hand isn't even here

I did bolt up a tire to take a picture (Small resolution unfriendly) :
And just like magic, by lifting the WJ, the rock rash on the sidewall of the tires is somewhat healed!!!!!

Eric

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1668 of 12519 Old 03-18-2006, 03:38 AM
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Unfortunantly my other tires have gotten worse

Uh oh, I am probably not going to feel very good in the morning. I was 50/50 for beer pong tonight

'04 WJ, 6" Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 35" BFG MT KM2's, 4.56 gears, & D44a locked
'14 WK2 Limited w/5.7L, ORAI, & Tow Package

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-
-

post #1669 of 12519 Old 03-18-2006, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
RAAB3485

2004 WJ 

Ug. I really hope I can kick this illness by tomorrow so I can still go wheeling. I have a sore throat from hell, I was up all night last night coughing, and my entire body aches. I hope I don't have strep. Leslie is pretty sick too, only she has some kind of stomach flu crap going on. I really hope we'll be able to make it.

Hows the weather down there in boulder right now Ryan? I hear we are in for some snow too.

Eric

post #1670 of 12519 Old 03-18-2006, 07:02 PM
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Just rained about an hour ago...no snow though

-
-

post #1671 of 12519 Old 03-18-2006, 09:40 PM
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Left Arlo's around 10 to 7, just got home about 7 minutes ago. Snow was getting pretty thick as I was heading out of Boulder, and cleared up to just rain here in Denver.

I've got some pics of Josh's install, and some sorta pics of my slider install. Definitely got a couple shots of the hi-lift test, and a poser shot getting out of Josh's Dad's driveway leading to the new garage/shop. I'll get those up soon.

Get well Eric, and give Leslie our best (even though she's probably reading over your shoulder right now ).

Jim Karlin
"How the heck do you get there?"
"Duh! Big RED Jeep!!!"

Best customer service in the states:

or

96 ZJ Laredo
5" lift, Claytons, KOR radiator support, rear bumper, steering brace, etc, etc, etc.

04 WJ Overland
Clean.... :D
post #1672 of 12519 Old 03-18-2006, 10:17 PM
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Yeah it is really starting to snow in Boulder Nothing is sticking though cause it was fairly warm today and rained beforehand...

Lift is on and except for one clunk in the drivers rear suspensions everything is good

-
-

post #1673 of 12519 Old 03-18-2006, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
RAAB3485

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
Yeah it is really starting to snow in Boulder Nothing is sticking though cause it was fairly warm today and rained beforehand...

Lift is on and except for one clunk in the drivers rear suspensions everything is good

Eric

post #1674 of 12519 Old 03-18-2006, 10:26 PM
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Got the pics off my camera - nothing too special with Sailingnut's rig - never did get an after shot, and we'll have to find a before shot from a trail run. Josh, you'll have to take a pic of your Jeep tomorrow

Some slider shots - didn't get many today, probably because the install went so quick - air tools are nice

Trimming actually went quite a bit faster with an angle grinder than it did with a sawzall. Easier on the arms too.

All done

Sailingnut jumping on the jack handle

Jacked up

And a little bit of a pose

Jim Karlin
"Duh! Big RED Jeep!!!"

or

96 ZJ Laredo
5" lift, Claytons, KOR radiator support, rear bumper, steering brace, etc, etc, etc.

04 WJ Overland
post #1675 of 12519 Old 03-18-2006, 10:29 PM
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Almost forgot - those cylindrical jackstands that you see in Arlo's pre/post pic back on post 1667 are EVIL!!! We were pushing on the axle trying to get the trackbar back on and they tipped. Good thing it doesn't take long for 28 years to flash in front of your eyes

We had Josh pushing on one side and me pulling on the other, all of a sudden I had a Jeep tipping toward me...yikes!

Jim Karlin
"Duh! Big RED Jeep!!!"

or

96 ZJ Laredo

04 WJ Overland
post #1676 of 12519 Old 03-18-2006, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
RAAB3485

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites
Almost forgot - those cylindrical jackstands that you see in Arlo's pre/post pic back on post 1667 are EVIL!!! We were pushing on the axle trying to get the trackbar back on and they tipped. Good thing it doesn't take long for 28 years to flash in front of your eyes

We had Josh pushing on one side and me pulling on the other, all of a sudden I had a Jeep tipping toward me...yikes!
I've been in a similarly scary position, only working on someone elses Jeep that wasn't mine! I was working at Sam's in the tire shop, and a guy with a TJ was getting 2 tires put on his Jeep. After we pulled it in and I jacked it up by the rear Diff, he decided to do all 4 instead of just two. Thinking I had jacked it up with 2 jacks on the rear, one of my co-workers jacked up the front axle with just one jack, just to the left of the diff at the center of the axle. So basically this jeep was balanced by two points. I zipped off all the lugnuts, and then pulled the tires off the passenger side. As I pulled off the 2nd tire from the passenger side, the Jeep started to tip. Fortunately, since I had taken all the lug nuts off, the wheels on that side fell off and the rotor/drum actually landed on the tires themselves and it stopped there without causing any damage. Scary stuff. Only in my situation, I wouldn't have gotten hurt too bad, I would have just seriously screwed up someones TJ.

Eric

post #1677 of 12519 Old 03-18-2006, 10:44 PM
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

How is this for a pic

A-arm spacer...biggest PITA part to work on. From the factory it comes with lock-tite on the bolts so it was a struggle the entire way to pull out the three bolts...You can also see my brake line and the brackets which used to connect it to the a-arm. With this much lift if I let the suspension drop too much the brake lines would be holding up the axle so I disconnected the brackets and zip tied them out of the way to allow it to drop properly. Long brake lines are in my future if I go any higher.

-
-

post #1678 of 12519 Old 03-18-2006, 10:45 PM
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

-
-

post #1679 of 12519 Old 03-18-2006, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
RAAB3485

2004 WJ 

Looks like you don't have to be grumpy about your sig anymore.

Eric

post #1680 of 12519 Old 03-18-2006, 10:50 PM
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Nope, still grumpy cause I am missing parts still Not been happy with Kevins shipping process or following through or calling me back or emailing me back etc...

-
-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.