Colorado jeep shops - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Colorado jeep shops

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Colorado jeep shops

I'm looking to move to Colorado and want to work at a 4x4 shop. Where are the good shops at? Don't have a specific town yet but I want to avoid the big cities like Denver, Colorado springs, etc etc. What are the good shops and what town are they in?

Also, if you happen to know anywhere that installs fire protection systems that could be hiring that would work as well since that's what I am doing now, but would prefer an offroad shop.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm looking around the salida, grand junction, durango, Canon city area. My cousin tells me these are the best places for people like me and they aren't large cities.

Colbert 2016!
Unread 03-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
Justin04Lj

I already know perfectly well what my jeep is capable of off-road. Just because I was new to the forum you guys treat me like I've never been on a dirt road. It's a stock jeep what more can I tell you guys. This forum is starting to feel like the four wheel parts in colo springs. Where if you aren't already lifted with 40 inch tires that you aren't welcome here. And the bv comment, come on dude where else in Colorado has the initials bv.
Justin04Lj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin04Lj
I already know perfectly well what my jeep is capable of off-road. Just because I was new to the forum you guys treat me like I've never been on a dirt road. It's a stock jeep what more can I tell you guys. This forum is starting to feel like the four wheel parts in colo springs. Where if you aren't already lifted with 40 inch tires that you aren't welcome here. And the bv comment, come on dude where else in Colorado has the initials bv.

Uhhhh, what?

Colbert 2016!
Unread 03-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
pschubs17
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I think he's saying Buena Vista
pschubs17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
bdmckenna
2012 JK Wrangler 

You might check with FN Jeep. Ask for Thomas. They are on the South end of Colorado Springs and are great people. I know that you said that you did not want to be in CS but we moved here last month and love it.

Yea... We wheel!

2012 JKRU w/Bells & Whistles
bdmckenna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmckenna View Post
You might check with FN Jeep. Ask for Thomas. They are on the South end of Colorado Springs and are great people. I know that you said that you did not want to be in CS but we moved here last month and love it.
FN Jeep

check out this thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/...lorado-485652/
colojeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colojeepguy View Post
All of those are in the big cities, what I'm staying away from unless its not too far of a drive.

Colbert 2016!
Unread 03-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #9
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Small cities are nice, but you will likely find that steady work doing specialized customization and repairs wont pay the bills. I have a friend that works at a local offroad shop here in town, and they have their hours cut way back at the moment. Uncertain economy, the toys are the first thing that suffer. It'll be worse in the smaller towns. Better off IMO to wrench at a regular shop, at least until things improve some. Just an fyi, colorado springs, though it is large, has more of a town feel, then a big city like denver does.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #10
CoAce
1977 CJ7 

Unless you want to be a prison guard stay away from Canon City.
Canon City has nothing going for work.
Not a 4x4 shop but we need mechs. at the mine in Cripple Creek.
Along with other people to drive haul trucks / welders / and such.

Although Canon is 40 mins to the springs and pueblo. Crime is low rent is kinda cheap. Weather is nice mostly year round. can be in the mountains in 10 mins.
I enjoy living here. (other than working an hour away)

Just PM if you have any questions bout Canon.
James
CoAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #11
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am a pipe fitter by trade and have pretty good skills in welding. No certifications though. Sounds like a pretty nice town to live in. Don't know about working though. Lol

Colbert 2016!
Unread 04-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #12
NOTQUITEMUSASHI
1991 YJ Wrangler 

hey budke, i am in littleton. let me know when you get here. all the places you mentioned are really nice but small towns.. your best bet for work is gonna be a bigger town
Yellow Jeep Club Member #91
CSA Jeepers Association Member#2
MERRY WACKO JEEP CLUB MEMBER #1
I BUILT MY OWN JEEP JEEP CLUB MEMBER #91
Apathetic jeep club for people who don't care about people who don't give a rats a$$ about people who have an apathetic jeep club jeep club club member # f this
RE 2.5XD + .5 shackles
ho-made f & r bumpers
bfg mt 33", 4.10's D30 xjD44
Quote:
Originally Posted by firecord
NOTQUITEMUSASHI and tcourdin, TJVigilante might not like you guys, BUT I LOVE YOU! Can we have a 3 way? :rofl:
NOTQUITEMUSASHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #13
TheBandit
2004 WJ 

Call 4play off-road in Rifle Co they are hiring and its about 60 miles east from Grand Junction 970-625-2300
they usually start people at 25 an hr flat rate

04 WJ Overland Parting Out
TheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #14
Turokman123
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
Call 4play off-road in Rifle Co they are hiring and its about 60 miles east from Grand Junction 970-625-2300
they usually start people at 25 an hr flat rate
+1. But another shop you could call would be Barney Brothers Off Road here in Grand Junction. Good people that hire people like crazy 970-243-9300
1984 CJ7 riding on 35" Wrangler DuraWalls, 4 inch lift, Dana 30 axle in front, with an AMC 20 rear axle. The Dana 300 two-speed transfer case; gear ratio of 3.54:1. Qualifications for a wave: 1: Top off 2: Any mud on the Jeep 3: Non-stock tires (not lowered) .
Turokman123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #15
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the leads guys. Not going to be able to get out there for a few months. Gotta save enough money so I can afford to drive out there and keep on my feet for a little while until I get settled in. I also have had a few leads on other jobs as well with GE and Halliburton, so we will see where those go as well.

Colbert 2016!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.