Colorado History Buffs - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Colorado History Buffs

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 03-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #16
Prickett10
Daddy dubJ

2000 WJ 

If anyone is heading out to Grand Junction, go south to Gateway Canyon, from there you can find more undisturbed trails then there are days in summer. As far as history goes, it is full of mining, fur, and indian history.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #271 2000 4.7L WJ
1980 Ford F100 4.9L I6 <------- My baby

Man makes the weather then stands in the rain and says S*** its rainin
Prickett10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #17
KalebJohnson
1995 XJ Cherokee 

If anybody could tell me some awesome places to check out that'd be great, I'm from Virginia and new to the area but also big on history.
KalebJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #18
Justin04Lj

I'm going on a trip with 4 other wranglers to Ouray july 3rd-7th 2013 any are welcome to join you just need to arrange your own hotel stays. There's also Lots of camping. Amazing place if you don't know about the area please look it up. Its not called "The Switzerland of America" for no reason. Huge mining history. More inactive mines than you can count. Huge amount of trails. I went last summer and can't wait to go back.
Justin04Lj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #19
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalebJohnson View Post
If anybody could tell me some awesome places to check out that'd be great, I'm from Virginia and new to the area but also big on history.
Do you have a specific area that you want to explore? What kind of rig? Looking for scenic, hard core, or something in the middle?

Have you visited www.traildamage.com? It has lots of great info on trails.
Unread 03-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #20
KalebJohnson
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
Do you have a specific area that you want to explore? What kind of rig? Looking for scenic, hard core, or something in the middle?

Have you visited www.traildamage.com? It has lots of great info on trails.
More Northern CO if possible, I go to school in Laramie so I don't have a terrible amount of free time. Also I have a 2 door XJ, 6.5" inchens of lift and 33's, no lockers either so I'm thinking scenic and like a inbetween.
Thanks!
KalebJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.