A Colorado 4WD Club with no meetings, just trail runs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > A Colorado 4WD Club with no meetings, just trail runs

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 09-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
skates04
2008 JK Wrangler 

A Colorado 4WD Club with no meetings, just trail runs

A few years ago I lived in San Diego and did many trail runs with a group call "Just Runs"

http://www.justruns.com

This is basically a 4WD vehicle club but their philosophy is basically no membership dues, no meetings, no politics. The only time they meet up is to well, go on trail runs. They have some rules such as vehicle requirements, CB radio, safety gear, 2 speed t-case. Basically a vehicle off road worthy.

This philosophy works great for them, they average 5 runs a month. I always was able to find some one to go out on the trail with or find a group to join on the weekend, often times last minute. For people that live in the Southern California area it is a great "forum" to lead or join trail runs. Granted this was in Southern California with millions and millions of people in a relatively small area.

I emailed the person who started Just Runs and asked how they would feel about some one starting a Just Runs Colorado. I believe they did trade mark Just Runs, so I explained if they did not want their name being used I would not use it and come up with my own name that followed the same philosophy. But I am really hoping to create a sister site to them.

So would anybody be interested?? I am not trying to make money, I just miss having a group like this. Please check out their website and see what you think. If I think there is enough interest I will get it setup up.

skates04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

In Az we have many Clubs and we have the AZVJC. The later is more like your thinking. Its all Virtual. Its all runs. It has like 5k members. Though they do take part in that "politics". I.E. trail Cleanups and even perseveration when needed. Working with local Authorities to at least try to keep our trail lands OPEN.

Fee Clubs, all that I am of are " nonprofits as well. The money goes to Land Action funds to fight the other side that is taking land away and community donations to the poor. Fact is we are loosing. If even 20% of all jeep owners were in a group. we might have done better.

"Real Clubs" may have adopted trails as well. Trails like the Rubicon have been for decades by the Hi/lo's of Tahoe and others. The Dusy is managed by the Fresno4x4 and Government. Big Ed and that club does so much to keep that open its amazing. Great trails all, would get closed without clubs?

I figure belong to all that you can. Heck it's one meeting a month, you get to wheel more in places you might never of heard of. You wont end up in some place that may well be closed and that will get you more trouble today than people know. plus club stickers mean something too, in the jeep world. its like a branded horse. tells people your area. in my jeep I get through local boarder inspections with just a wave off. in any car they will ask from what town. its a jeep thing.
Unread 09-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
skates04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
In Az we have many Clubs and we have the AZVJC. The later is more like your thinking. Its all Virtual. Its all runs. It has like 5k members. Though they do take part in that "politics". I.E. trail Cleanups and even perseveration when needed. Working with local Authorities to at least try to keep our trail lands OPEN.

Fee Clubs, all that I am of are " nonprofits as well. The money goes to Land Action funds to fight the other side that is taking land away and community donations to the poor. Fact is we are loosing. If even 20% of all jeep owners were in a group. we might have done better.

"Real Clubs" may have adopted trails as well. Trails like the Rubicon have been for decades by the Hi/lo's of Tahoe and others. The Dusy is managed by the Fresno4x4 and Government. Big Ed and that club does so much to keep that open its amazing. Great trails all, would get closed without clubs?

I figure belong to all that you can. Heck it's one meeting a month, you get to wheel more in places you might never of heard of. You wont end up in some place that may well be closed and that will get you more trouble today than people know. plus club stickers mean something too, in the jeep world. its like a branded horse. tells people your area. in my jeep I get through local boarder inspections with just a wave off. in any car they will ask from what town. its a jeep thing.
I agree the other clubs are important, as is doing your part to keep trails open and cleaned up this is not ment to replace these clubs. Myself, I am a member of COHOV understand we are losing trails constantly. If you look at the Just Runs website they strongly recommend taking part in these organizations as would I.
Unread 09-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
Yucca-man
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
While the AZVJC does a wonderful job of getting people together for runs, it does lack that monetary input to the larger, more vocal groups that are focused on keeping our trails open.

How do I know? I was one of the original Dirty Half Dozen that created the AZVJC...mostly because the once a month meetings were a pain in the butt to get to, so we skipped that step. Knowing that we weren't contributing to national causes was always a concern, and members were encouraged to do so privately or to join other groups as well and pay their fees.
Yucca-man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
skates04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Came up with a logo.... shopping for web hosting... Just need something cheap since I do not need a ton of space or really anything super secure that a shopping site would need. Basically Cheap and easy to use. I plan on using yahoo groups to organize runs, basically its free, and has a public calender option. I would like to use V-bulletin (What this forum uses) but it cost a bunch of $$$$.

This is logo/name, I came up with.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If any one has better idea's for a logo or even a name shoot me a message I am open to anything.
Unread 10-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
JCro99
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Not trying to take away from your idea but there are already several clubs/forums that do not have fees and that you can plan trail runs.

wranglerforum.com (Colorado section)

colorado4x4.org

frontrange4x4.com

For some reason it hasn't really taken off in the Colorado section of Jeep Forum.

If you are starting another one that is great!!! But if you are looking for a place to find other people to go wheeling with you should check these sites out.

'05 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L Hemi
JCro99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
skates04
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have been on all of those sites and they are great, but they are mostly front range orientated. The majority of those I have interested are on the Western Slope. Although I would like it to be Colorado Wide.
Unread 10-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #8
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCro99 View Post
For some reason it hasn't really taken off in the Colorado section of Jeep Forum.
We used to organize several runs a year in here. Wheeling is cyclical and the regulars move on and now need new regular to become e-friends and then make it happen on the trails
Unread 10-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #9
skates04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Lightbulb

Site is up and running, functional, but still is a work in progress and no members, yet.

We will see what happens!

I think the first ten people to join AND lead a trail run will get a CO Trail Run Decal for their Jeep.

cotrailruns.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.