CJ7 Gears - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > CJ7 Gears

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
redford84
1986 CJ7 

CJ7 Gears

Alright guys need a little help here. I'm somewhat new to Colorado springs and dont know the local shops and I need to get new gears installed in my jeep. I am looking for a great shop with good prices. To put new gears in for me. I've got a Dana 44 rear and a Dana 30 front, going to 4.56's. I believe the current gears are 2.73's. I checked a few years but have since forgotten. I do know that they are less than 3.73 so I have to have new carriers or the Thick cut ring and pinion. I currently have 33" tires and a 4 cyl. So it's struggling hard now to drive. thanks for the help!

redford84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
Ironturtle84
2002 TJ Wrangler 

look on denver craigslist in the auto parts section. type in the words parker jeep gears. Think he does front and rear on yours parts and labor $800. Did a buddy of mines jeep about 1yr ago no issues
Ironturtle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
bangarang
1981 CJ8 

Ive heard rumors of a guy in the springs that will set up gears for 100 bucks an axle, but he'll only do them if theyre out of the jeep. I need to find out some more info on him for myself, need to get that done soon too.
bangarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
redford84
1986 CJ7 

Awesome thanks guys. Denver is too far for my jeep With its current set up. With the cold weather, my drive to work (9 miles), the Jeep over heats. I've replaced radiator and did a flush. Fan is controlled by the engine via belt, so that might not be putting out enough to keep it cool. But I'm thinking it's the tires with the stock gears. Definantley try to get me the guys info about the $100 per axle. That'd be great if everything works out. I can take them out without too much problems. Again, thanks for the info.
redford84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.