Breckenridge Activities - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Breckenridge Activities

Halloween Savings to die for!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 09-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
afbond03
2007 JK Wrangler 

Breckenridge Activities

So my wife's family is coming out from AR in 2 weeks and we were going to stay and play in Estes, had rooms booked, Jeeps rented etc. With mother nature giving you great Colorado folks a beatin it looks as though we might be forced to head down to say.. Breckenridge. I have only been snow skiing their so could someone point me towards some summer activities to do in the area? Not really trying to make these people hike a 14'r either.
Any awesome must visit places to eat? Thanks for any input.

Thanks!

Unread 09-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
NOTQUITEMUSASHI
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Breck is an awesome town. It's one of my favorite places in CO. Just go and be spontaneous, you won't be disappointed. Estes will probably be fine in 2 weeks. The rmnp is beautiful. If its open, take the loop around the park. It will drop you into Grandby and grand lake.
Yellow Jeep Club Member #91
CSA Jeepers Association Member#2
MERRY WACKO JEEP CLUB MEMBER #1
I BUILT MY OWN JEEP JEEP CLUB MEMBER #91
Apathetic jeep club for people who don't care about people who don't give a rats a$$ about people who have an apathetic jeep club jeep club club member # f this
RE 2.5XD + .5 shackles
ho-made f & r bumpers
bfg mt 33", 4.10's D30 xjD44
Quote:
Originally Posted by firecord
NOTQUITEMUSASHI and tcourdin, TJVigilante might not like you guys, BUT I LOVE YOU! Can we have a 3 way? :rofl:
NOTQUITEMUSASHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
LaddieHanus
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTQUITEMUSASHI View Post
Breck is an awesome town. It's one of my favorite places in CO. Just go and be spontaneous, you won't be disappointed. Estes will probably be fine in 2 weeks. The rmnp is beautiful. If its open, take the loop around the park. It will drop you into Grandby and grand lake.
Estes Park will not be fine in 2 weeks Highways 34 and 36 are GONE. Most trails here in western Boulder county have severe damage

Generally in late Sept/early Oct the higher passes start closing but with this goofy weather who knows.

97 TJ Sahara
89 YJ
2000 Dodge/Cummins Lance Camper
2004 GC Limited (Wife Jeep)
LaddieHanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #4
NOTQUITEMUSASHI
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Laddie, I said PROBABLY will be fine. But you are correct in that the passes could be closed because they are under 5 ft of snow or wide open because it's been 80 for 2 weeks. Breck might just be a better bet
Yellow Jeep Club Member #91
CSA Jeepers Association Member#2
MERRY WACKO JEEP CLUB MEMBER #1
I BUILT MY OWN JEEP JEEP CLUB MEMBER #91
Apathetic jeep club for people who don't care about people who don't give a rats a$$ about people who have an apathetic jeep club jeep club club member # f this
RE 2.5XD + .5 shackles
ho-made f & r bumpers
bfg mt 33", 4.10's D30 xjD44
Quote:
Originally Posted by firecord
NOTQUITEMUSASHI and tcourdin, TJVigilante might not like you guys, BUT I LOVE YOU! Can we have a 3 way? :rofl:
NOTQUITEMUSASHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
afbond03
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yea, we are pretty much already cancelling out reservations in Estes. The place we had Jeeps rented through didn't feel optimistic and immediately refund our deposit. Our lodging place feels more optimistic and said they would make the decision to refund our deposit as time grows closer. I was like you do realize you have no main road leading to your resort, and roads don't get built over night..she didn't really have a response. Even then it is going to take those business quiet awhile to get back to normal.
We already booked a house in Breck and it looks like we are just going to go in and see what we can get into.I did find a Jeep rental place there as well so we are going to see if they want to do that. I have never wheeled down there before but I am sure I could find my way around.
Thanks for the input.
Unread 09-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
ncb

Just saw Estes and RMNP on the news. It's definitely a good idea to pass on Estes. City leaders are telling tourists to stay away. It will be a while before the roads are fixed.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
turbospartan
2012 WK 

Yea... I don't think Estes Park is gonna be back to normal any time soon:

turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #8
jeep-newbie
2008 JK Wrangler 

Nope - I just got back from Grand Lake (unaffected by the storm except for the evacuees from RMNP and Estes filling the town). I don't expect to get to Estes any time soon... Lyons and Boulder are a wreck as well. I just stay away out of respect.

The rangers even closed Adams Falls (hiking trail) because they didn't have the resources to help you if you messed up... Some people were getting really pissed about it. Not being able to access the park was a real bummer, but REALLY? I say get over it and go home. We have bigger fish to fry than those stupid "intitled" people.

On the bright side, we had the lake to ourselves! It was cold, but we were the only boat out there! And Annika drove a full 6 miles on her dirt bike on Stillwater pass!!!
jeep-newbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.