Anyone reccomend a muffler shop in the Springs? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-24-2013, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Anyone reccomend a muffler shop in the Springs?

I need new exhaust from the manifolds back to clear the new oil pan. Any recommendations?

How much would be fair for 3" straight pipe from the manifolds dumped in front of the rear tire or out the back?

Wag Rebuilt 360, 260H, 727, Locked 44, AMC 20, 208, 31" M/T's, 4" Rustys, 2.5" Duals. SOON:SOA SF, 496, T400, Doubler, D60's, 37" M/T's <-TOY
Cherokee Rebuilt 360, 2" Duals, mostly stock. SOON: Hot Street 401, 4'' Rustys, 33" BFG A/T's maybe a T-case to get rid of Q-Track <-TOW RIG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-25-2013, 04:47 AM
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Garage
From stock manifolds? It will have to neck down to around 2 in to fit a stock flange.
Anyone make shorty or tri-Y headers for that model?

Just another old fart in a Jeep... watchout younguns!!!
RC LA, IRO 6 in springs, OTK, Bilsteins, Aussie, Eaton, RCV's, 242-SYE, hidden winch, JCR Stage 3, skidded and trussed & sleeved
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
post #3 of 5 Old 03-25-2013, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

They make some great ones. Doug Thornleys makes a highly regarded set, for $500. But I am a young and involved in a missions organization and can't afford a nice set up. The only reason I'm replacing it because I had to replace my motor and y-pipe wont clear the new oil pan. I need something that will get me back to Texas without getting carbon monoxide poisoning.

Wag Rebuilt 360, 260H, 727, Locked 44, AMC 20, 208, 31" M/T's, 4" Rustys, 2.5" Duals. SOON:SOA SF, 496, T400, Doubler, D60's, 37" M/T's <-TOY
Cherokee Rebuilt 360, 2" Duals, mostly stock. SOON: Hot Street 401, 4'' Rustys, 33" BFG A/T's maybe a T-case to get rid of Q-Track <-TOW RIG
post #4 of 5 Old 03-26-2013, 06:34 AM
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Garage
Hang on to your existing exhaust; you can use the flanges and stubs to build off.
If you don't get anything worked out in a couple weeks I may have some spare time and we can fab something.
I just buy u-bends and a couple straight sections and build from there.

Just another old fart in a Jeep... watchout younguns!!!
RC LA, IRO 6 in springs, OTK, Bilsteins, Aussie, Eaton, RCV's, 242-SYE, hidden winch, JCR Stage 3, skidded and trussed & sleeved
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
post #5 of 5 Old 03-26-2013, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
Hang on to your existing exhaust; you can use the flanges and stubs to build off.
If you don't get anything worked out in a couple weeks I may have some spare time and we can fab something.
I just buy u-bends and a couple straight sections and build from there.
I appreciate it. But I'm trying to get this squared away so I can head back to Texas in two weeks for fund raising and helping my parents move. I'll be keeping the hardware but local shops quoted around $400 to fab it up and that's almost my monthly income literally. I might have to give the DIY route a shot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.