Anyone here live in Colorado? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Anyone here live in Colorado?

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #16
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Anyone want to make a plan and do the Gulches next Sat, Nov 16?

Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #17
Justin04Lj

Think im gunna go to the event at Ram off road.
Justin04Lj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #18
Timebomb1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok
I guess we should ask about your rig, Timebomb. Lifted, stock, locking axles, etc? Don't want one of these guys taking you to Holy Cross and be a bit overwhelmed,lol. There is another post in this section talking about Saran wrap, Eagle Rock and Mount Baldy. Due to flood damage, you'll have to drive to Cripple Creek/Victor via paved roads to reach Gold Camp road. Head back east and I believe the trails can be reached then. Otherwise look up Hacket Gulch, Metberry Gulch, and Longwater Gulch, aka the three gulches. They are NW of Divide, and I would suspect totally doable with a stock Wrangler.
Well... It's not build up for Colorado yet. I came from North Carolina where it's more mud LOL. I have a Tereflex 2.5 in coil lift and 33" procomp all terrain tires in 17" black steelies. I would like to put better shocks on next but can't afford to yet.
I love 4 wheeling and I know I can't do the aggressive stuff here yet but if anyone will let me I would love to ride with someone sometime. I'm not sure I'll get any takers but I have my fingers crossed!
Timebomb1031 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #19
Timebomb1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
Anyone want to make a plan and do the Gulches next Sat, Nov 16?
How aggressive is it?
Unread 11-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #20
texlurch
2002 WJ 

You can check out Traildamage.com for pics and reports. It gets tougher as you go thru the Gulches, with Hackett the most difficult. None of them are too tough; stock Wranglers and Land Rovers have done them all. I've gone up Hackett to the top of Hackett rock and it wasn't bad at all; just have to choose your line.

Weather looks dry and clear until then as well.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #21
Sinister6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Also checkout Wranglerforum.com seems more active with trail runs....
Plenty of trails you can run with your rig out here. We ran chinaman yesterday...great trail! Gulches in Divide would be doable for your rig also!
image-1838645902.jpg

Unread 11-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #22
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebomb1031 View Post
How aggressive is it?
They used to be really nasty, but they were changed after the Hayman fire I'm told. They closed the trails off after the fire due to erosion concerns, but Predator offroad club pushed and worked and got the trails partially open now. Hacket I'm told is pretty easy, Metbury has a nasty spot it looks like, and Longwater I couldn't tell you. Here's some youtube videos of them. It would be safe to say you'd be ok.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #23
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Well... It's not build up for Colorado yet. I came from North Carolina where it's more mud LOL. I have a Tereflex 2.5 in coil lift and 33" procomp all terrain tires in 17" black steelies. I would like to put better shocks on next but can't afford to yet.
I love 4 wheeling and I know I can't do the aggressive stuff here yet but if anyone will let me I would love to ride with someone sometime. I'm not sure I'll get any takers but I have my fingers crossed!
Its a little different out here vs where you're from. What you run for mud is different than rock, but you'll be ok. Plenty of locals that know their stuff, as well as a few guys in shops that know a thing or two, even if they don't work at a 4x4 shop.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #24
jvilla112
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm new to colorado planning on hitting some trails tomorrow. Hoping to find something open in the boulder area
Unread 11-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #25
gonwhln
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm from VA and its a shock to the Jeep out here and the wallet. Dumped a few bucks since bringing it here to be a more Crawler jeep. You may even get tired of mud after hitting some epic trails out here.
When you build up give us a shout at the MHJC, we'll hit some good ones and bring some extra fuel.
Evo rear King Coilovers, Recon front King Coilovers, Rock Krawler all 8 control arms & links, CV driveshafts, removed rear sway bar, Custom skids, Viair OBA with dual compressors mounted behind tailights & 2gal tank, Warn M8000, Body Armor rear bumper and carrier w/custom rotopax, front Poison Spyder Brawler lite bumper, Herculined tub, Cobra 75wx cb, daystar switch panel, Hella lights, custom cut fenders, 17" black alloys w/ 35" treadwright Guard dogs, Gusseted and regeared to 5.13's, Teraflex drag link flip, cut and dieted, Benchmark HD oil pan, RK deep sump HD tranny pan.
gonwhln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #26
Timebomb1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwhln
I'm from VA and its a shock to the Jeep out here and the wallet. Dumped a few bucks since bringing it here to be a more Crawler jeep. You may even get tired of mud after hitting some epic trails out here. When you build up give us a shout at the MHJC, we'll hit some good ones and bring some extra fuel.
I was afraid of that LOL. More money $$$ oh Jeeps. Such an expensive habit
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #27
Timebomb1031

Thank you all for the good advice. I'll try and go play this weekend and post some pics
Unread 11-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #28
gonwhln
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

I was afraid of that LOL. More money $$$ oh Jeeps. Such an expensive habit
What brought ya out here?
Evo rear King Coilovers, Recon front King Coilovers, Rock Krawler all 8 control arms & links, CV driveshafts, removed rear sway bar, Custom skids, Viair OBA with dual compressors mounted behind tailights & 2gal tank, Warn M8000, Body Armor rear bumper and carrier w/custom rotopax, front Poison Spyder Brawler lite bumper, Herculined tub, Cobra 75wx cb, daystar switch panel, Hella lights, custom cut fenders, 17" black alloys w/ 35" treadwright Guard dogs, Gusseted and regeared to 5.13's, Teraflex drag link flip, cut and dieted, Benchmark HD oil pan, RK deep sump HD tranny pan.
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #29
Sinister6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwhln
What brought ya out here?
Rumor is open arrest warrants in Carolina's and Colorado does not extradite!!! Oops!
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #30
gonwhln
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister6 View Post

Rumor is open arrest warrants in Carolina's and Colorado does not extradite!!! Oops!
Ha!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.