Anyone here live in Colorado? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Anyone here live in Colorado?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still Available

Unread 11-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
Timebomb1031

Anyone here live in Colorado?

I'm new to the Colorado Springs area and I'm trying to meet new people. I have a 2012 JK and love to go rolling around the mud but I don't know where the good trails are here. Any thoughts?

Timebomb1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
Nick05
1987 MJ Comanche 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/ try there
Nick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #3
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Unfortunately, with the closure of Old Stage Road due to flooding and the continued closure of Rampart Range Road since the Waldo Canyon fire, our access to trails is limited. There's some nice areas off Mt Herman road (west out of Monument) and that hooks up with Rampart north of the closure area. . You can still get to Old Stage/Gold Camp road, but you've gotta go all the way around thru Cripple Creek to get there.
Unread 11-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
Cause
WHAT !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebomb1031 View Post
I'm new to the Colorado Springs area and I'm trying to meet new people.

I have a 2012 JK and love to go rolling around the mud

but I don't know where the good trails are here.

Any thoughts?

I'm here in Co Sprgs, But, I'm not a 'new' person...

So, you "love to go rolling around in the mud", me too! (as long as doesn't get into those places that get irritated)

I haz lots of "thoughts", but I keep most of them to myself so I don't get slapped so much!
Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #5
RockyMnt1

Head out to the Gulches (north of Divide) or a couple of trails around Woodland Park. Get the Charles Wells book "Colorado Backroads" www.funtreks.com (they are located on Monument if you want to go pick one up and save on shipping).

Check out the Colorado Four Wheelers web page.

Welcome to the area. You will not be bored....

More Colorado trail desciptions: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php
RockyMnt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
BLOODBANE
1984 CJ7 

Buena Vista has a good trail. Chinamans Gulch. You would need a to be built up a little, but it is a fun trail.
Whale Rock...

The best part about this trail, is, it seems to change from one time to the next. I would only consider running it if you have a least 33's and 1 locker.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
texlurch
2002 WJ 

http://www.coloradofourwheelers.org/forums/forum.php

Next meeting is Tuesday

Hundreds of trails within an hour or so of the Springs. Don't limit yourself to those that are "close"

Not too much mud around unless it rains tho!
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #8
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebomb1031 View Post
I'm new to the Colorado Springs area and I'm trying to meet new people. I have a 2012 JK and love to go rolling around the mud but I don't know where the good trails are here. Any thoughts?
Hey welcome to the board and welcome to the area. Just as everyone said about the trails already, between the fires and the flooding our trails have taken a beating. If you go for a short drive past Woodland Park, there are the three gulches that you can run. Not much for mud here, its a desert climate mostly.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #9
CrustySprings
1985 CJ7 

Next summer, come over to the Gunnison-Crested Butte area for a visit. Paradise Divide above Crested Butte is one of the most scenic parts of the state in my opinion. If you get real brave, the trails between Ouray, Silverton and Telluride are amazing. I suggest that you travel with a group of Jeeps when doing serious off-roading in these areas.
258 cu. inch six, Team Rush ignition upgrade, T5, Dana 300, Superwinch lockouts, Black Diamond 3" suspension lift, greasable shackles, poly bushings, JKS quick discos, 32x11.50x15 Cooper STT's, American Racing 23 15x8 alloys, Uniden Pro 520XL CB radio, 2' adjustable tip Firestick antenna, Viair 460 onboard air system
CrustySprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #10
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

We made a couple of trips over to the Gunnison area this year, Labor day, and the end of September. We didn't hit any of the real trails, but doing some upgrades over the winter, so may start doing the more moderate trails next summer.
Unread 11-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #11
Justin04Lj

Theres plenty of trails that are atill open. Just gotta know which ones.
Justin04Lj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #12
Timebomb1031

I would love to out tomorrow if anyone wants too. Again... I don't know where any trails are so I need some help.
Timebomb1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #13
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

I'm out, I work Monday and jury duty the rest of the week likely. If you are new to Colorado there is a trail guide you can find at Sportsmans Warehouse here in town where the books are, and other places as well. There is one for trails north of I-70 and one for trails south of I-70.
Unread 11-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #14
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

I guess we should ask about your rig, Timebomb. Lifted, stock, locking axles, etc? Don't want one of these guys taking you to Holy Cross and be a bit overwhelmed,lol. There is another post in this section talking about Saran wrap, Eagle Rock and Mount Baldy. Due to flood damage, you'll have to drive to Cripple Creek/Victor via paved roads to reach Gold Camp road. Head back east and I believe the trails can be reached then. Otherwise look up Hacket Gulch, Metberry Gulch, and Longwater Gulch, aka the three gulches. They are NW of Divide, and I would suspect totally doable with a stock Wrangler.
Unread 11-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #15
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Lasalle Pass and Badger mtn are a couple fun trails that have some decent challenges. I can go tomorrow if anyone is interested...
Trails are just North of Wilkerson Pass if you want to check the map.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.