Anyone going to be in Ouray on the 11-12th? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Anyone going to be in Ouray on the 11-12th?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 08-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone going to be in Ouray on the 11-12th?

I'll be wheeling in the Ouray area on teh 11tha nd 12th if anyone wants to tag along. As of right now it's just me with a few buddies in my YJ.

I'm on 33's so I'm looking at trails in the 7-8 rating range on the traildamage.com scale. But ahven't decided on any trails yet.

If anyone wants to tag along or has some trail suggestions let me know.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Bump... Any trail recomendations?

From looking at the trail damage site it looks like Poughkeepsie Gulch is the only trail in that area that even rates at a 7 on the top end. Everthing else tops out between a 3-5. I want a little bit of a challenge. Is there anything else around this area that gets into a 7 range on the trailddamge scale?

Black Bear pass seems to be popular. Are there a few good challenges on this pass for my YJ on 33's?

My build thread...
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
BFYTW

Idk. There's alot of chatter over on JK forums about this week in Ouray area. So will be a busy week in the area. Lots of jeeps from the sound of it. I'm looking at riding down one day this week but not sure which. Be either Wed, Thur, or Fri. Depending.. I'm wanting to do Black Bear simply because I've never done it. Let me know what u have in mind for when. Its about a hour and 45 min drive for me to Ouray
BFYTW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFYTW View Post
Idk. There's alot of chatter over on JK forums about this week in Ouray area. So will be a busy week in the area. Lots of jeeps from the sound of it. I'm looking at riding down one day this week but not sure which. Be either Wed, Thur, or Fri. Depending.. I'm wanting to do Black Bear simply because I've never done it. Let me know what u have in mind for when. Its about a hour and 45 min drive for me to Ouray
I was looking at Black Bear and Poughkeepsie Gulch. Tomorrow I'll probably have more info on when I'll be there. I'll keep you posted.

My build thread...
Unread 08-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
FunTreks
2012 JK Wrangler 

Poughkeepsie is definitely the only 'difficult' trail in the area. Black Bear is rated difficult mainly due to the consequences if a mistake is made, but technically it's only moderate. All the trails are absolutely gorgeous though
FunTreks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

BFYTW,

I'm going to be there on Friday. I'm going to try to fit in Black Bear and Poughkeepsie if time allows. Plus whatever trails look good to get back to Ouray. Since it looks like Black Bear closes at night I think I'll run that one first just to eliminate any chance of geting stuck on the trail.

If Friday works for you we could meet up in Ouray. If anyone else wants to tag along feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

MelnickMarc@yahoo.com

My build thread...
Unread 08-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Update. It will be Black Bear to Telluride in the morning. Imogene back to Ouray, and then Poughkeepsie to finish up the day.

My build thread...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.