Anyone been to Picketwire Canyon? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Anyone been to Picketwire Canyon?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Anyone been to Picketwire Canyon?

We're taking the driving tour of Picketwire Canyon this weekend. My question is, how rough is this road? Will we be OK in my wife's DD-a stock 01 Grand Cherokee with all season tires, or should I take my CJ-5?
I've been trying to find trail reports on this, but all I can find is about hiking the canyon.

colojeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Well, we took the trip yesterday and no problems. Mostly its just a dirt road through the desert.
If you go, make sure that your tires are in good shape! Lots of sharp rocks of the road-an F150 in our group had a flat. The forest service guide said that flats are common on that road..
colojeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.