any trails this week? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > any trails this week?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 11-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
igrok
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 945
any trails this week?

Anyone wanting to hit some trails this week? Post up! I'm in the Springs area, but no opposed to driving.

__________________
Common sense is surprisingly, not that common.
igrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
JFjeld
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 175
Me and a friend traveling from IA would like to do a trail on Friday, 11/23. I'm in Frederick. Ran Left Hand Canyon 3-4 weeks ago, and would be up for doing that again, or maybe something else in the Boulder area.

I'm set up pretty good, but the IA friend has a WJ with 31s so would need to be conscious of clearance.
__________________
- 2001 2.5L TJ, hpD30/D44 with dual OX and 4.88, full armor, X2O-8 winch, 35" STTs on 15x8 black steelies, 1" BL, 1" BD MM, 4.5" suspension, all-adjustable control arms, tie rod upgrade, OBA
- Jeep Build: http://s1186.photobucket.com/albums/...ld/Jeep_Build/
JFjeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
igrok
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 945
I've not ran left hand canyon yet, but would be up for it.
__________________
Common sense is surprisingly, not that common.
igrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
Coyn1324
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Posts: 126
Post if you guys end up going to left hand on Friday. I may try and duck out of work and join you guys.
__________________
'96ZJ-4.0L, 3.5" IRO suspension lift, RC Quick Discos, 31x10.50R15, 292,xxx miles, Colorado Jeep Club Member #1996
Coyn1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
Coyn1324
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Posts: 126
PS - JFjeld your buddy should be fine up there with 31's. I had a buddy of mine go up there with me this summer with a stock Cherokee and he was able to do quite a bit and had a great time!
__________________
'96ZJ-4.0L, 3.5" IRO suspension lift, RC Quick Discos, 31x10.50R15, 292,xxx miles, Colorado Jeep Club Member #1996
Coyn1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
JFjeld
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 175
Alright, so we're a definite for Left Hand Canyon on Friday. How about we meet at the Park & Ride at I-25 and Highway 119, right by the American Furniture in Firestone at 10:00, Friday 11/23 ? Then its just a 30 minute drive straight West. I'll send a PM with my phone number. If that location is too far out of anyone's way, meet us at the entrance of Left Hand at 10:30.

Incidentally, we did half of Left Hand Canyon about 3-4 weeks ago. Snow prevented us from going up through 'The Squeeze' so we took Fireman Hill up to the top and then back down.

I don't think snow should be too big of a factor with the weather we've had, but I'll keep an eye on it.
__________________
- 2001 2.5L TJ, hpD30/D44 with dual OX and 4.88, full armor, X2O-8 winch, 35" STTs on 15x8 black steelies, 1" BL, 1" BD MM, 4.5" suspension, all-adjustable control arms, tie rod upgrade, OBA
- Jeep Build: http://s1186.photobucket.com/albums/...ld/Jeep_Build/
JFjeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
simple88wrangle
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 40
Heading to Chinamen's Gultch in Beuna Vista on Friday.
__________________
1988 YJ W/4.0HO, AX-15, Waggy & Isuzu 44's, Eaton E-Lockers, 5.13 gears, 37" KM2's, Front 3 link with FOA 12 inch coilovers, rear triangulated 4 link w stock TJ coils, WB stretched to 103", Currie anti-rock sway bar, custom highline tube fenders, Rear aluminum crusher corners, Poison Spyder rocker knockers, TNT rear bumper and tire carrier.
simple88wrangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #8
JFjeld
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 175
Definitely want to do Chinaman Gulch sometime, though not this weekend. Igrok, are you still in for Left Hand Canyon on Friday? Anybody else for Left hand Canyon?
__________________
- 2001 2.5L TJ, hpD30/D44 with dual OX and 4.88, full armor, X2O-8 winch, 35" STTs on 15x8 black steelies, 1" BL, 1" BD MM, 4.5" suspension, all-adjustable control arms, tie rod upgrade, OBA
- Jeep Build: http://s1186.photobucket.com/albums/...ld/Jeep_Build/
JFjeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
igrok
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 945
I'm still up in the air guys - Left hand canyon sounds great, but wifey wants to do some black friday shopping, and with the trail being 2 hrs away, I'm not gonna be able to fit both in. Now, if I can blow off shopping, I'm all in, if not, I'll have to stick to a trail close to the house; possible Eagle Rock. I'd LOVE to go to chinaman Gulch, but my rig is a stock rubi sitting on 32's. I don't think Chinaman Gulch would be too kind to me.
__________________
Common sense is surprisingly, not that common.
igrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #10
JFjeld
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by igrok View Post
I'm still up in the air guys - Left hand canyon sounds great, but wifey wants to do some black friday shopping, and with the trail being 2 hrs away, I'm not gonna be able to fit both in. Now, if I can blow off shopping, I'm all in, if not, I'll have to stick to a trail close to the house; possible Eagle Rock. I'd LOVE to go to chinaman Gulch, but my rig is a stock rubi sitting on 32's. I don't think Chinaman Gulch would be too kind to me.
If we were able to come down South, would you be a definite for Eagle Rock? Sounds like a fun trail, and I don't mind driving. Because as it stands now, it would just be we two rigs doing Left Hand. If you want to do Eagle Rock, is there a time/place you would recommend for a meetup?
__________________
- 2001 2.5L TJ, hpD30/D44 with dual OX and 4.88, full armor, X2O-8 winch, 35" STTs on 15x8 black steelies, 1" BL, 1" BD MM, 4.5" suspension, all-adjustable control arms, tie rod upgrade, OBA
- Jeep Build: http://s1186.photobucket.com/albums/...ld/Jeep_Build/
JFjeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #11
igrok
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFjeld View Post
If we were able to come down South, would you be a definite for Eagle Rock? Sounds like a fun trail, and I don't mind driving. Because as it stands now, it would just be we two rigs doing Left Hand. If you want to do Eagle Rock, is there a time/place you would recommend for a meetup?
Just talked to the wife; I'm a DEFINATE for Eagle Rock! Meetup time and place:

"Meet at the Home Depot in the parking lot by turning right on Southgate into the shopping area on Lake Avenue. Those coming from the Denver area might want to meet on exit 184 off of I-25 at the Conoco gas station to the west of the highway." <--- nabbed that from traildamage.com I can meet y'all (sorry - I'm from the south) at the Conoco station just off I-25. As for the time, you tell me when would be good for you since you're driving - there are other trails right there that we could hit as well, Mt. Baldy is a good one.
__________________
Common sense is surprisingly, not that common.
igrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #12
JFjeld
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by igrok View Post
Just talked to the wife; I'm a DEFINATE for Eagle Rock! Meetup time and place:

"Meet at the Home Depot in the parking lot by turning right on Southgate into the shopping area on Lake Avenue. Those coming from the Denver area might want to meet on exit 184 off of I-25 at the Conoco gas station to the west of the highway." <--- nabbed that from traildamage.com I can meet y'all (sorry - I'm from the south) at the Conoco station just off I-25. As for the time, you tell me when would be good for you since you're driving - there are other trails right there that we could hit as well, Mt. Baldy is a good one.
Uh, don't think you'll want to meet us at the Conoco at exit 184; looks like that's up by Castle Rock and probably way out of your way. Will post up later this afternoon if we're a definite for this run and suggested meeting time.
__________________
- 2001 2.5L TJ, hpD30/D44 with dual OX and 4.88, full armor, X2O-8 winch, 35" STTs on 15x8 black steelies, 1" BL, 1" BD MM, 4.5" suspension, all-adjustable control arms, tie rod upgrade, OBA
- Jeep Build: http://s1186.photobucket.com/albums/...ld/Jeep_Build/
JFjeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #13
igrok
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 945
Exit 138 (Lake Ave), get off and go right (west). There's a Carl's Jr. right there, along with a gas station. I can meet you there if you like.
__________________
Common sense is surprisingly, not that common.
igrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #14
JFjeld
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by igrok View Post
Exit 138 (Lake Ave), get off and go right (west). There's a Carl's Jr. right there, along with a gas station. I can meet you there if you like.
Igrok, we decided to stay up North and will stick to the Left Hand Canyon run due to limited time. Let me know if you decide to skip Eagle Rock and want to meet us.

I hope to run Eagle Rock soon; that looks like a great trail.
__________________
- 2001 2.5L TJ, hpD30/D44 with dual OX and 4.88, full armor, X2O-8 winch, 35" STTs on 15x8 black steelies, 1" BL, 1" BD MM, 4.5" suspension, all-adjustable control arms, tie rod upgrade, OBA
- Jeep Build: http://s1186.photobucket.com/albums/...ld/Jeep_Build/
JFjeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #15
Coyn1324
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFjeld View Post
Igrok, we decided to stay up North and will stick to the Left Hand Canyon run due to limited time. Let me know if you decide to skip Eagle Rock and want to meet us.

I hope to run Eagle Rock soon; that looks like a great trail.
JFjeld, I'm not going to be able to get away this morning, too crazy around here. Have fun up there at Left Hand. Take some pics!!!
__________________
'96ZJ-4.0L, 3.5" IRO suspension lift, RC Quick Discos, 31x10.50R15, 292,xxx miles, Colorado Jeep Club Member #1996
Coyn1324 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.