Any Hunters? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Any Hunters?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-30-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Any Hunters?

Anyone hunt South East Colorado? I got my first choice Antelope tag (male/rifle) in area 121. Supposed to be one of the top three areas in the state for pronghorns. The problem is, I don't have a clue where to go!

There are zero SWA's in the area. Ususally I hunt on those, but now I don't know what to do!

Anyone have any experience with the area??

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

I've never hunted pronghorn, but I've hunted Elk all my life. I couldn't tell you where to go out there!
'51 CJ-3A

RyanZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 06:37 PM   #3
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Get those waskawy wabbits!

I've never been hunting, but want to go get my hunters safety course done. A lot of the places I camp are prime for a lot of differnt game. Anybody know how much the classes run?

REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
Rubi Unlimited

2005 LJ Wrangler 

This is the only hunting I've been able to do in recent years. Paper is relatively easy to hunt.

Rubi Unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 08:14 PM   #5
dnrisden
Rise of the Silver Slinky

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry do not know anymore than you do. I have all needed items to hunt, just have never had the time. Let me know if you want some company. Just to let you know antelope meat isn't the best.
dnrisden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #6
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Antelope is great if you take care of it after the shot, Do not chase it and as soon as it is down get it cooled fast. If they eat a lot of sage they can be pretty strong but out there they should be eating a lot of grass, milo, and sorgum. If there is no public area of DOW leased land you better start now looking for private land to hunt.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 08:44 AM   #7
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Honestly, I am trophy hunting. My goal is to put one one the wall. I'll eat whatever I kill, but this hunt is geared towards knocking down a nice one. I'm in the right area, now I just have to figure out where I can park and walk!

Thought I might get lucky and one of you guys had been down there.

ESPN did a story about this particular area. Just not enough details to find the public land.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.