Any fellow CO Jeepers hitting the trails this weekend (9/3/11 or 9/4/11) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Any fellow CO Jeepers hitting the trails this weekend (9/3/11 or 9/4/11)

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 08-30-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
kwpollard
2011 JK Wrangler 

Any fellow CO Jeepers hitting the trails this weekend (9/3/11 or 9/4/11)

Hey gang,

Relatively new to the Denver area and was hoping a small group of Jeepforum folks were going to be hitting the trails this upcoming weekend (9-3-11 or 9-4-11). Please ping me if you are as I would love to be shown some good trails. Getting my OHV Permit this afternoon so "Johnny Law" does not give me a hard time! I have a 11' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited with a 3.5" Teraflex suspension lift, Stock Tires, and NO winch.

Thanks,
Wade
kwpollard@yahoo.com

kwpollard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
BFYTW

I was wanting to ride this weekend. But I'm probably no help to u as I'm on the western slope. ill watch if u find a group coming towards Vail I might join up with u guys
BFYTW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

If we go out, I think we will be going towards Ouray at this time. Stock KJ here, so not sure how much trouble we will get into. Is your vehicle plated in colorado, or has out of state plates? If you havent bought one alread, Funtreks makes a couple of good trail guides, one for the northern half, and one for the southern half of the state.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
JimWilliamson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm a low possibility. I'd well enjoy heading out with someone though I'm new to the CO trails (too). I might be heading out with family (bro/sis & fam's) this weekend. Plans are up in the air.

What's the OHV permit? Something a street licensed vehicle would need?
JimWilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
JimWilliamson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post
If you havent bought one alread, Funtreks makes a couple of good trail guides, one for the northern half, and one for the southern half of the state.
Between my brother (Denver area) and I we have the three books (CO, NoCO, Moab). If you have any questions on'm or what to see one - holler. 4x4 Offroad on Willox Road in Fort Collins has a display and I think the three are in stock.

Those books, nice to flip and read through, and TrailDamage.com look to be decent resources. Anyone know of others (aside from comments on the forum here)?
JimWilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #6
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Verify this info before you set it in stone, but if your vehicle has colorado plates, I dont believe you need an OHV (off hwy vehicle) permit. Seemed like I read this the other day on here, or somewhere that google took me.
Unread 08-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
BFYTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilliamson

Between my brother (Denver area) and I we have the three books (CO, NoCO, Moab). If you have any questions on'm or what to see one - holler. 4x4 Offroad on Willox Road in Fort Collins has a display and I think the three are in stock.

Those books, nice to flip and read through, and TrailDamage.com look to be decent resources. Anyone know of others (aside from comments on the forum here)?
Traildamage is only source I use. Besides Google maps. Lol.
BFYTW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
RockMonster
1998 TJ Wrangler 

fyi http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/...ement-1248538/
Unread 08-31-2011, 08:09 AM   #9
kwpollard
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMonster View Post
This was the post that I read that pushed me into going over to the State office and paying the $25.25 to be legit!

Any Denver folks want to head to the Idaho Springs or Georgtown area for some wheelin?
kwpollard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2011, 11:02 AM   #10
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I will be camping up near Red Feathers all wekend, probably hitting Kelly Flats, Sevenmile Creek, and maybe Bald Mtn.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #11
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpollard View Post
This was the post that I read that pushed me into going over to the State office and paying the $25.25 to be legit!

Any Denver folks want to head to the Idaho Springs or Georgtown area for some wheelin?
Yeah I think I would be safe and get one too. Dont you love the govt when they cant make it crystal clear?
Unread 08-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
RockMonster
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Kelly flats is permanently closed I think, not %100 on that? that was a great trail though, the squeeze was the first real obstacle I conquered in my jeep haha.

Id be in for a trip but im currently breaking in a new set of gears.
Unread 08-31-2011, 03:52 PM   #13
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Ok, take this for what its worth. I went to the SE regional office for the state parks dept. here in C springs. I talked to two gentlemen about the OHV permit issue. The guy that handles them said, that as of right now, as long as you have state plates on the vehicle, that counts for your permit. He said there has been rumors circulating about this, but as of now this is it. He also added next year it may change and require the permit in addition to plates. 719-227-5200 is the number of the office.
Unread 08-31-2011, 06:08 PM   #14
otisdog
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I am meeting with one other rig to do Eagle Rock and Bull Park trails just west of Colorado springs Sunday the 4th. This is a Traildamage run so an e-invite is the only way I can get you in if you are interested.
Look the trails up on TD and see what you think. I have not done them yet. Eagle Rock is pretty rough I think and Bull Park is mellow?
It's an early meet - 8am in the springs.
There may be some other TD people who will still rsvp.
Jim
Unread 08-31-2011, 09:42 PM   #15
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMonster View Post
Kelly flats is permanently closed I think, not %100 on that? that was a great trail though, the squeeze was the first real obstacle I conquered in my jeep haha.

Id be in for a trip but im currently breaking in a new set of gears.
Kelly Flats has been open since 4th of July. The club I am in adopts it. I just ran it a few weeks ago.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.