Quad Cities - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Iowa Jeep Forum > Quad Cities

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
stmanser
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quad Cities

Anyone in the Quad Cities?

I live in Davenport, just looking to see if there is anyone else in Town, or surrounding.

stmanser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
ninilynn
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Check out the QC jeepers, They have a nice club and go to the cliff's often. Theres also mississippi valley jeepers, MIOBI, 4x4 syndicate (sp)? and a couple others. Iowa has no OHV areas so mud roads and creek beds is about it unless you travel to an off road park.
ninilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
dru_b
2008 JK Wrangler 

new member, fellow qc'er.
dru_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
stmanser
1988 YJ Wrangler 

There is another guy I met on the Jeep Cherokee forum, his name is Nick. He lives in Moline. He has a YJ, like mine.
Havent met in person yet, but with spring around the corner, we could all get together and see each other's rides.
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
dru_b
2008 JK Wrangler 

id be up for some sort of meet&greet. working diligently to get the jeep back on the road but its got a ways to go. need more sponsors for jeep funding.
[size=3][color=silver]'08 JKUR - bright silver metallic[/color][/size] - auto - 2.5" TF spring : 33" duratracs : TF hd front trac bar : synergy tie rod bar, drag link & rear trac bar : superwinch : [url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/08-jku-rubi-1713162/][color=orange]dru_bcon "build" thread[/color][/url]
[size=2][color=white]'99 WJ limited, 4.7L v8[/size] - stone white clearcoat[/color] - a revival in progress - [url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/99wj-projekt-phoenix-1494105/][color=orange]projekt phoenix build[/color][/url]
[color=silver]'00 VW golf GTI, 1.8t - satin silver metallic[/color] - "silver arrow" - tastefully modded for quick & nimble
[color=blue]'12[url=http://surlybikes.com/bikes/pugsley/][color=blue] surly pugsley[/color][/url] - real blew w/[color=red]red accents[/color][/color] - 1x10 shimano slx, avid BB7 (red cables), marge lite wheels/red rimstrip, red oury grips & pedals
Unread 03-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
stmanser
1988 YJ Wrangler 

hah i hear ya...

extra hands is great as well. I don't really know anyone around here that is willing to assist me in working on my jeep.. lol
Unread 03-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #7
stmanser
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Worked on the YJ for about 4 hours on Good Friday. I got the drivers side floor board done.. now just need to finish a couple pieces on the passenger side, and then I can rhino line the floor and then put the interior back together.
Unread 04-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Im in the area as well. Wish there were better places to wheel around here
The_Goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
JeepZJlover
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in Marion we got nothing but level BS around this area. I swear if I ever win the lottery I'm buying land and making and off road park around here
1993 Cherokee 4dr SE green, 4.0, Auto, HP30, 8.25, 3" lift 31" Goodyear Duratracs, Custom made front recovery bumper, Kenwood radio, 12" alpine type e subwoofer,alpine amplifier, Smittybilt xrc8 winch, tuff stuff portable winch receiver custom modified. 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0, 5 speed, Dana 30 front, Dana 44 trac loc rear, Stock
JeepZJlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #10
stmanser
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I am a home/garage mechanic (not professional) but have been working on things for over 20 years, and have a good welder and learning to weld, so if anyone needs assistance in the QCA, let me know.
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #11
dru_b
2008 JK Wrangler 

if u need any assistance, im a welder by trade...
[size=3][color=silver]'08 JKUR - bright silver metallic[/color][/size] - auto - 2.5" TF spring : 33" duratracs : TF hd front trac bar : synergy tie rod bar, drag link & rear trac bar : superwinch : [url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/08-jku-rubi-1713162/][color=orange]dru_bcon "build" thread[/color][/url]
[size=2][color=white]'99 WJ limited, 4.7L v8[/size] - stone white clearcoat[/color] - a revival in progress - [url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/99wj-projekt-phoenix-1494105/][color=orange]projekt phoenix build[/color][/url]
[color=silver]'00 VW golf GTI, 1.8t - satin silver metallic[/color] - "silver arrow" - tastefully modded for quick & nimble
[color=blue]'12[url=http://surlybikes.com/bikes/pugsley/][color=blue] surly pugsley[/color][/url] - real blew w/[color=red]red accents[/color][/color] - 1x10 shimano slx, avid BB7 (red cables), marge lite wheels/red rimstrip, red oury grips & pedals
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #12
stmanser
1988 YJ Wrangler 

what I need is some assistance making some sturdy front and rear bumpers.. I was looking for some round tube.. but would like to build a new rear cross member. know anyone that can bend a 1/8" plate a couple times with a press brake?

In the military I was a sheet-metal guy, used all sorts of machines like power shears, cornice brake, box and pan brake, tubing bender, etc.. but just don't have the facilities to do what I need.
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #13
dru_b
2008 JK Wrangler 

how big are the pieces? i have access to a piranah ironworker that can do some things... ill think on other options.
Unread 07-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #14
stmanser
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Basically I was thinking of making a new rear cross member, since mine was partially rusted away on the driver's side. I was thinking of just cutting it out all together, and then making a new piece and then weld it back in. This will give me the cross frame strength, and also be a great place to attach a new rear bumper and accessories.. etc..

It would be a U shape (half a box) approx. 48"long and then 6" tall with 4" lips on the top and bottom.. not sure what the price of the metal would be.. wouldn't need to be 1/8" necessarily, but would need to be thick enough to be strong.
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #15
H2xed

I live near Muscatine and have a 94 YJ. We just got back from the Cliffs jeep get together, and man I wish we had that place nearby. Of course the jeep would probably be a lot more beat up...planning in a trip back there soon.
H2xed is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.