JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Iowa Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f344/)
-   -   Quad Cities (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f344/quad-cities-1467010/)

stmanser 01-21-2013 03:17 PM

Quad Cities

Anyone in the Quad Cities?

I live in Davenport, just looking to see if there is anyone else in Town, or surrounding.

ninilynn 01-26-2013 07:24 PM

Check out the QC jeepers, They have a nice club and go to the cliff's often. Theres also mississippi valley jeepers, MIOBI, 4x4 syndicate (sp)? and a couple others. Iowa has no OHV areas so mud roads and creek beds is about it unless you travel to an off road park.

dru_b 03-15-2013 07:28 PM

new member, fellow qc'er.

stmanser 03-17-2013 12:31 PM

There is another guy I met on the Jeep Cherokee forum, his name is Nick. He lives in Moline. He has a YJ, like mine.
Havent met in person yet, but with spring around the corner, we could all get together and see each other's rides.

dru_b 03-17-2013 08:35 PM

id be up for some sort of meet&greet. working diligently to get the jeep back on the road but its got a ways to go. need more sponsors for jeep funding.

stmanser 03-20-2013 03:29 PM

hah i hear ya...

extra hands is great as well. I don't really know anyone around here that is willing to assist me in working on my jeep.. lol

stmanser 03-30-2013 10:25 AM

Worked on the YJ for about 4 hours on Good Friday. I got the drivers side floor board done.. now just need to finish a couple pieces on the passenger side, and then I can rhino line the floor and then put the interior back together.

The_Goob 04-27-2013 12:22 PM

Im in the area as well. Wish there were better places to wheel around here

JeepZJlover 06-09-2013 12:30 PM

I'm in Marion we got nothing but level BS around this area. I swear if I ever win the lottery I'm buying land and making and off road park around here

stmanser 06-12-2013 07:35 PM

I am a home/garage mechanic (not professional) but have been working on things for over 20 years, and have a good welder and learning to weld, so if anyone needs assistance in the QCA, let me know.

dru_b 06-12-2013 07:45 PM

if u need any assistance, im a welder by trade...

stmanser 06-17-2013 09:20 PM

what I need is some assistance making some sturdy front and rear bumpers.. I was looking for some round tube.. but would like to build a new rear cross member. know anyone that can bend a 1/8" plate a couple times with a press brake?

In the military I was a sheet-metal guy, used all sorts of machines like power shears, cornice brake, box and pan brake, tubing bender, etc.. but just don't have the facilities to do what I need.

dru_b 06-17-2013 09:28 PM

how big are the pieces? i have access to a piranah ironworker that can do some things... ill think on other options.

stmanser 07-09-2013 04:13 PM

Basically I was thinking of making a new rear cross member, since mine was partially rusted away on the driver's side. I was thinking of just cutting it out all together, and then making a new piece and then weld it back in. This will give me the cross frame strength, and also be a great place to attach a new rear bumper and accessories.. etc..

It would be a U shape (half a box) approx. 48"long and then 6" tall with 4" lips on the top and bottom.. not sure what the price of the metal would be.. wouldn't need to be 1/8" necessarily, but would need to be thick enough to be strong.

H2xed 07-18-2013 01:16 PM

I live near Muscatine and have a 94 YJ. We just got back from the Cliffs jeep get together, and man I wish we had that place nearby. Of course the jeep would probably be a lot more beat up...planning in a trip back there soon.

The time now is 12:25 AM.