JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Iowa Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f344/)
-   -   Off road spots near Ames, Iowa? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f344/off-road-spots-near-ames-iowa-1180046/)

reindeerfuel 03-10-2011 06:16 PM

Off road spots near Ames, Iowa?
 
Anyone know somewhere i can take my xj to play around the ames, iowa area?

dmextreme77 03-10-2011 07:21 PM

I'm with ya. I'd like to know as well. I'm in Johnston.

reindeerfuel 03-10-2011 08:17 PM

Lol I'm actually from Johnston. I'm looking hard for a spot to play. When I find one I will let you know!

dmextreme77 03-10-2011 08:34 PM

That'd be great. So damned flat around here! Did u see that event in jadwin, mo. Looks kind interesting. I've never been to anything like that. And now I just bought a new lift and tires, I want to rip it up!

nneal 03-14-2011 07:55 PM

Looks like were all wondering the same thing. Im up north of Ames and have yet to find anything. A few friends are in the jocci club but they don't stay close to the area.

Jeepinit95 03-14-2011 08:09 PM

Look up JOOCI (jeep outdoor club of central Iowa) if you join they have a farm that you can go wheel at over by Oceola (sp).

There is a club meeting Tuesday night at the okaboji bar and grill in Johnston off of 86th. At 6pm. Anyone is welcome to attend to see what its all about and your not required to join.

You can pm me or post up if you have any ?'s

Zach

dmextreme77 03-14-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepinit95
Look up JOOCI (jeep outdoor club of central Iowa) if you join they have a farm that you can go wheel at over by Oceola (sp).

There is a club meeting Tuesday night at the okaboji bar and grill in Johnston off of 86th. At 6pm. Anyone is welcome to attend to see what its all about and your not required to join.

You can pm me or post up if you have any ?'s

Zach

I'll be there. Sounds pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

roadsuk 03-14-2011 08:19 PM

There is no legal public area in Iowa, it's all private as far as I know. There has been work by the local clubs trying to get something but it takes time and money. Jocci has some land like said above and there is also miobi.com that has open runs a few times a year for anyone who might not want to join a club. Check out their site for when those runs happen, they draw a pretty good crowd. Until something public comes up there are public areas outside of Iowa like the Badlands and others that look worth the effort to get to.

dmextreme77 03-14-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadsuk
There is no legal public area in Iowa, it's all private as far as I know. There has been work by the local clubs trying to get something but it takes time and money. Jocci has some land like said above and there is also miobi.com that has open runs a few times a year for anyone who might not want to join a club. Check out their site for when those runs happen, they draw a pretty good crowd. Until something public comes up there are public areas outside of Iowa like the Badlands and others that look worth the effort to get to.

Yeah, I wish there were areas we could go to. I think I am gonna hit up jadwin, mo.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Jeepinit95 03-15-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmextreme77 (Post 11157577)
Yeah, I wish there were areas we could go to. I think I am gonna hit up jadwin, mo.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

They are trying to get another park setup in norther MO call Middle of Nowhere Off-road Park. KC Jeep club and a few others including JOCCI are trying to get it setup to where if your a member of the club you can go wheeling for free. As soon as it dries up a little they are going to go and get some trails cleared. There is also on-site cabins and a restaurant available to wheelers.

dmextreme77 03-15-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepinit95
Look up JOOCI (jeep outdoor club of central Iowa) if you join they have a farm that you can go wheel at over by Oceola (sp).

There is a club meeting Tuesday night at the okaboji bar and grill in Johnston off of 86th. At 6pm. Anyone is welcome to attend to see what its all about and your not required to join.

You can pm me or post up if you have any ?'s

Zach

Heading that way. Naturally I am late.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

dmextreme77 03-15-2011 07:28 PM

Well jeep was acting up. Would hardly stay idle and or die. So I took it home before I became stranded. Sorry I didn't catch everyones name.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Jeepinit95 03-15-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmextreme77 (Post 11164333)
Well jeep was acting up. Would hardly stay idle and or die. So I took it home before I became stranded. Sorry I didn't catch everyones name.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Wondered what happened to you. Tonight meeting was kinda screwed up anyways with okaboji booking our meeting room on us.

dmextreme77 03-15-2011 09:11 PM

Yeah, it sucks. Not sure the exact problem yet.

How long does it take to get an admin to approve my registration on the JOCCI board?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Jeepinit95 03-16-2011 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmextreme77 (Post 11165208)
Yeah, it sucks. Not sure the exact problem yet.

How long does it take to get an admin to approve my registration on the JOCCI board?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

If I remember correctly mine only took a day or so. If it takes more than a few days let me know and ill send a message to coleman.


The time now is 06:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.