NORA-USA Take Action Alert for IOWA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Iowa Jeep Forum > NORA-USA Take Action Alert for IOWA

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-06-2009, 06:43 AM   #1
jeepman75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

NORA-USA Take Action Alert for IOWA

Pearse Umlauf with NORA-USA wants to help see Iowa get a OHV park that is open to full size vehicles. He hopes this will help get the ball rolling but it will be up to us to keep it rolling by contacting the governors office.

http://www.nora-usa.com/takeaction/index.cfm Click on the TAKE ACTION button to help get as many requests as possible and spread the word.

Thanks,
Coleman

Unread 07-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
buddy the dog
1995 ZJ 

Done. Thanks for the link.

My understanding regarding 600 Acres here by CR was that the DNR didn't like the liability of motorcycle/ATVs mixing with full size vehicles. In the few years that I was out there, I never heard of any issues or conflicts. 600 Acres was nothing terribly special, but had a few challenging spots that were kind of fun. I have a feeling that lobbying groups ($) had an impact on the decision to shut it down to Jeeps. The official word had something to do with the registration dollars from quads and motorcycles to help with maintenance (?).

I would really like to have some public land in the state open to full-size offroading, even if it's not convenient to me. It would be a step in the right direction. I'd even be willing to pay some sort of annual user fee if that's what it took, as would a lot of other people.

While I am thinking about it, I wonder how much the state pays to maintain the level "B" roads torn up by people wanting to play with their Jeep/fullsize vehicle after a good rain/snowmelt. I have heard the farmers are not too fond of the deep ruts in these roads they use to get to their fields.

Steve Y.
buddy the dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
ajmcedar
1999 WJ 

Done and thanks for the link, I miss 600 acres as well.
Unread 07-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
MudRoadRage
2001 TJ Wrangler 

*signed & sent*

It would be really nice to see the state make some kind of attempt to give us somewhere legal to wheel..
MudRoadRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
ISUzj
2005 WK 

signed....I also just sent a tasteful e-mail to the DNR Man I have been trying for years ti get that OHV full size passed

I did find this...its a Quarry By oksaloosa. IDK if the DNR has their fingers in it, you have to look at the finsh point in the satellite image to see what it is

~~[_---_____---_\-\\\\\\-\
~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
94ZJ 5.2 Red; Rusty's 3" Coils,Skyjacker hydro's, Brush Guard, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Roof Rack, KVG Quick Discos, 31-10.50-15's DAYTON TIMBERLINE A/T OBA 2 Gallon tank
Can't buy it? BUILD IT!! Do it cheap too cuz your in college

My Build Thread Align your jeep yourself B N B#175
ISUzj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.