Iowa Jeep Clubs??? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Iowa Jeep Forum > Iowa Jeep Clubs???

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-28-2011, 04:50 AM   #76
uncleben03
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Seems like we need to start a club in the Cedar Rapids area. I used to be a member of the Trailhogs when they were still around (disbanded after 600 acres closed), we were based around the Linn/Johnson county area. I talked to the old president of the club, he said the club still exists on paper and it would be easy to get running again if someone wanted to take it over. The only problem is finding the land. There's gotta be someone in Iowa, on this board, that has some woodland they don't use for anything... Seems like all we have is Level B's and some "iffy" areas around rivers. Both of those are mud, which I'm not a big fan of. I'd rather climb something.

uncleben03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #77
JeepNazi101
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben03 View Post
Seems like we need to start a club in the Cedar Rapids area. I used to be a member of the Trailhogs when they were still around (disbanded after 600 acres closed), we were based around the Linn/Johnson county area. I talked to the old president of the club, he said the club still exists on paper and it would be easy to get running again if someone wanted to take it over. The only problem is finding the land. There's gotta be someone in Iowa, on this board, that has some woodland they don't use for anything... Seems like all we have is Level B's and some "iffy" areas around rivers. Both of those are mud, which I'm not a big fan of. I'd rather climb something.
Have you checked out the following clubs already??

Central Iowa 4-Wheelers
Damage Inc 4x4
Jocci

Also, If your in the cedar rapids area, you need to check out this website! http://offroadiowa.com/

http://offroadiowa.com/
http://www.4x4syndicate.com/

i has a kool buggy
JeepNazi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #78
Photog2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I see you found your way to Mississippi Valley Jeep Club site already, and your account is now activated BTW, but in the Quad cities there is also a great group of guys called the QC Jeepers. www.qcjeepers.com A few of them are even members of Mississippivalley jeepers They don't have any private ground to wheel on but they go to Cliffs quite often.
Photog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #79
uncleben03
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm already a JOCCI member, just looking for clubs to join that have some land and besides, you can never have too many jeep friends. I'd like to keep my options open too, I like JOCCI but I'd like to go wheeling more often. More clubs, more runs
05 LJ, 4.5", 33x12.5 BFG KM2's, Eaton Detroit TrueTrac rear locker, Skyjacker flex front LCA's, rusty's fixed rear LCA's, Rough Country front disco, Teraflex hand throttle, 12k winch, Flowmaster 40 series dumped infront of rear axle, Tuffy dual overhead console
Unread 07-29-2011, 07:29 AM   #80
JeepNazi101
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben03 View Post
I'm already a JOCCI member, just looking for clubs to join that have some land and besides, you can never have too many jeep friends. I'd like to keep my options open too, I like JOCCI but I'd like to go wheeling more often. More clubs, more runs
What kind of rig do you have?

i has a kool buggy
Unread 07-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #81
uncleben03
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Click on the Jeep profile under my username, it's got all the specs. Nothing hardcore, that's for sure.
05 LJ, 4.5", 33x12.5 BFG KM2's, Eaton Detroit TrueTrac rear locker, Skyjacker flex front LCA's, rusty's fixed rear LCA's, Rough Country front disco, Teraflex hand throttle, 12k winch, Flowmaster 40 series dumped infront of rear axle, Tuffy dual overhead console
Unread 08-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #82
Brad131
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ok guys. What's up? I'm in Moline Illinois about 1.5hrs from CR. Who wants to get together?
Brad131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #83
JeepNazi101
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad131 View Post
Ok guys. What's up? I'm in Moline Illinois about 1.5hrs from CR. Who wants to get together?
Are you a QC Jeeper ??

IF not you should check them out.

i has a kool buggy
Unread 01-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #84
Koehner58
1979 CJ7 

Are there going to be any events or rides this year around the Iowa area? I just got a trailer for Xmas and am looking to take the 79 out on a couple of offroad shenanigan cruises!
Koehner58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2012, 02:14 AM   #85
Brad131
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Trip to the cliffs on the
28th
Brad131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #86
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehner58 View Post
Are there going to be any events or rides this year around the Iowa area? I just got a trailer for Xmas and am looking to take the 79 out on a couple of offroad shenanigan cruises!
Yes. Jeep mania 3 in cedar falls and the jocci all breeds jeep show. MIOBI has a ton of runs and JOCCI has a farm that we go wheeling on.
[QUOTE=Driver831;13076990]Say what you want, a Dana 30 held up 53"s for a good while[/QUOTE]

My 3" to 4.5" to full width build-> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/brookhart63-build-thread-1224726/[/url]
Brookhart63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 02:24 AM   #87
jbjeepfever
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehner58 View Post
Check out Timber Ridge Ranch there is a run over the 4th of July and another in September.
jbjeepfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #88
Koehner58
1979 CJ7 

Nice! Ill have to hit a couple of those runs up! I live in williamsburg so the drive won't be bad! When is that jeep show?
Koehner58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #89
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

http://events.jeepforum.com/JEEP_MANIA_3

Look under events for the other
[QUOTE=Driver831;13076990]Say what you want, a Dana 30 held up 53"s for a good while[/QUOTE]

My 3" to 4.5" to full width build-> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/brookhart63-build-thread-1224726/[/url]
Brookhart63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #90
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

There is a newer park in NE Missouri called Goose Holler. Its 220 acres with mud pits for 31's to 44" tires and trails all over. There are a couple cabins to rent, On site camping along with night wheeling.

They are going to be opening up again soon, You can google them and call/email. He owns a couple fab/machine shops so leave a message but he will get back to you.

You can find info on the park on facebook, Myspace, Youtube etc. He is trying to phase out the quads and dirt bikes and have it jeeps only and FS rigs.
The info is old that you will find, But the # and email is still active. IIRC its $15 dollars all day.

Its off of highway 81 in MO turn west on NN and you will see signs. From my house in Iowa its 11 miles and a right hand turn. Very easy to get to, I-218/27 south to donnellson, Head 10 miles west to farmington, Cross bridge and make the first left. Head south on 81 for 10-12 miles and road NN will be on the right.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.