Iowa Jeep Clubs??? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Iowa Jeep Forum > Iowa Jeep Clubs???

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right hereJK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.

Unread 09-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #61
roadsuk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Check out miobi.com, they have a few runs a year that non-members can go to and a Toys for Tots run that is coming up also. One of these years I will make it over there.

roadsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #62
wj4play
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadsuk View Post
Nope, just for the dirt bikes and quads. Apparently Iowa needs something like 8 off roads parks and there isn't enough room for fullsize vehicles. It's a freaking joke. That being said, I am taking my ATV to Bluffs Creek in a couple weeks.
Thanks, I thought I heard they have oopened the area up to 4X4's

Quote:
D-Morg Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4play
Does anyone know if wheeling at bluff creek (bussy) is allowed. I used to ride my CR250 down their but didnt know if they opened it up the 4X4 vehicles?

Like it was said above.... no dice.

check out jocci.com

we have some land very close the the bluff creek area (also some members that live close to that area, including myself) that we get together at at least twice a month.....

It's a very close knit small club (compared to others), but we still know how to have a good time.
Yea I saw them and thought about inquiring, been to the website and looks like a friendly bunch. Maybe I will send them a message.

Compaired to other states Iowa (Des Moines at least) is kinda a joke for offroading. We used to have lots of places when I was a kid but most everywhere got shutdown.
Unread 09-30-2010, 12:46 PM   #63
roadsuk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4play View Post
Thanks, I thought I heard they have oopened the area up to 4X4's

Yea I saw them and thought about inquiring, been to the website and looks like a friendly bunch. Maybe I will send them a message.

Compaired to other states Iowa (Des Moines at least) is kinda a joke for offroading. We used to have lots of places when I was a kid but most everywhere got shutdown.
I'm in JOCCI also and it is a pretty laid back group that is easy to get along with and there are several different kinds of Jeeps to follow around. It is a real good time.
Unread 09-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #64
wj4play
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Check out miobi.com, they have a few runs a year that non-members can go to and a Toys for Tots run that is coming up also. One of these years I will make it over there.
Yea I checked out their site. Hope i get to know a few and head down one of these times. Can members wheel at will?
Unread 09-30-2010, 01:57 PM   #65
wj4play
1999 WJ 

Quote:
I'm in JOCCI also and it is a pretty laid back group that is easy to get along with and there are several different kinds of Jeeps to follow around. It is a real good time.
Yea i saw few of the photos that some had kids at some of the meetings. Can you wheel anytime if you are a member or only on scheduled outings?
Unread 09-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #66
roadsuk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

For the most part, you can wheel whenever as long as there are three other Jeeps along (safety in numbers). There are exceptions since it is someone else's private land and they let us use it so the final word is always up to them. The landowner doesn't usually have any problem with us being there but he is always called before we go so we know for sure it is ok.
Unread 09-30-2010, 02:55 PM   #67
wj4play
1999 WJ 

Quote:
For the most part, you can wheel whenever as long as there are three other Jeeps along (safety in numbers). There are exceptions since it is someone else's private land and they let us use it so the final word is always up to them. The landowner doesn't usually have any problem with us being there but he is always called before we go so we know for sure it is ok.
Awsome, I need to finish a few things on the jeep but I will jump on your site and get to know you guys Thanks a bunch
Unread 09-30-2010, 03:17 PM   #68
roadsuk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

No problem, can't wait to see your Jeep!
Unread 10-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #69
tuck0331
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quad Cities Area

Check out a new club just getting up and running. QCJEEPERS 4X4 CLUB
Started in September 2010 they have some great ideas and are planning some fun for 2011. From Mild to Wild everyone is Welcome!!!!
tuck0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 10:22 PM   #70
nickc50310

Hi guys! Does anyone know of any public land to off road in central Iowa? I used to run the two rivers area near van meter as that is public land but was gated off when I went out there Saturday. I also used to run the trails at 63rd and grand in Des Moines which I beleive is also public but has been gated off for years. Anyone ever been to two rivers or know whats up with that? The farm at JOCCI looks a little more advanced than I want to do.....

Im not looking to break the law but would like somewhere to go that is pretty easy and off the beaten path. I would be happy to run a few muddy b level roads even.....

Any tips?
nickc50310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 06:03 AM   #71
JeepNazi101
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickc50310 View Post
Hi guys! Does anyone know of any public land to off road in central Iowa? I used to run the two rivers area near van meter as that is public land but was gated off when I went out there Saturday. I also used to run the trails at 63rd and grand in Des Moines which I beleive is also public but has been gated off for years. Anyone ever been to two rivers or know whats up with that? The farm at JOCCI looks a little more advanced than I want to do.....

Im not looking to break the law but would like somewhere to go that is pretty easy and off the beaten path. I would be happy to run a few muddy b level roads even.....

Any tips?
4 X 4 Syndicate Off Road Club, INC.

http://offroadiowa.com/
http://www.4x4syndicate.com/

i has a kool buggy
JeepNazi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #72
roadsuk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

You're pretty well screwed on anything legal actually. miobi.com has land they open up a couple times a year for anyone not a member if you want to try that. Also, JOCCI's land is members only but don't let the pictures fool you, it isn't that bad. There are plenty areas you can mess around on and not have to destroy your Jeep if you don't want to. A bone stock Jeep can have a bunch of fun there as well without killing you or the Jeep so check them out if you can. Other than that, you are looking to go out of state for any off road parks. The local clubs are trying to get land for a park but it will be and has been a very long and drawn out process.
Unread 05-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #73
towerdude
1980 CJ7 

Hello Iowa Jeepers! Waterloo here. I have a 1980 CJ7 and two 2004 WJ's. We have some land around Waterloo that we use on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day weekends. Hit me up if ya wanna check it out.

2004 WJ Limited - "Total Eclipse" - 4" RC Lift, 265/70/17 Cooper ST's, 4.7L, Huge stereo, Roof Rack, Smittybilt 98281 XRC 8 Comp Series Black Winch with Synthetic Rope and Aluminum Fairlead mounted on reciever plate.
towerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 11:45 PM   #74
abobaen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

wow, brings back memmories, i used to live in maywood, just up the hill from you. i am in california now due to the navy. hows everybody in iowa.

[QUOTE=YouStupidBunny;13020222]I'm too old to play with Lego's, so I got a Jeep.[/QUOTE]
abobaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2011, 11:33 PM   #75
Colt1123

Quote:
Originally Posted by towerdude
Hello Iowa Jeepers! Waterloo here. I have a 1980 CJ7 and two 2004 WJ's. We have some land around Waterloo that we use on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day weekends. Hit me up if ya wanna check it out.
Im ready.to.go
Colt1123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.