Iowa Jeep Clubs??? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Iowa Jeep Forum > Iowa Jeep Clubs???

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 04-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #31
J_Ro
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Also a CR guy here, I've already met up with klimb2xs (Awesome guy! my rear track bar is bent and he just gave me his stock one that he had lying around)

The best I've been able to hope for is my parents 6 acres out by Urbana that me n my dad drive around sometime... There is a pile of rocks, and the back gets muddy each spring. It's better than nothing I guess!

Definitely always looking to find fellow jeepers around!

J_Ro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #32
OpieJeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I hopefully will be a Jeep owner AGAIN tomorrow!!!
OpieJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2009, 08:13 AM   #33
rescuetech
1982 CJ7 

Cj

just a bump I wanted to keep an eye on this one.

I live east of CR about 45 Min. It would be nice to get something going on this side of the state. We should start a club and see about buying some land. I think thats how some others clubs have done it. I have eleven acres but the wife wont let me touch it (BECAUSE ITS FOR THE HORSES) Dam hay burners.

Later
Clint
Unread 07-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #34
kioti
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Hey guys I am from the Manchester and have been looking for places to wheel and other jeepers to share ideas with.
kioti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #35
jeepman75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioti View Post
Hey guys I am from the Manchester and have been looking for places to wheel and other jeepers to share ideas with.

Welcome and what part of Iowa are you in?
Unread 07-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #36
buddy the dog
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioti View Post
unfortunately, I don't believe there are not any public areas in the state to do any real offroading. Outside of public land, the only option is level B roads (unmaintained) which is basically short runs of mud after rain. The farmers aren't too happy with people tearing these up. The closest place I've been to is Hannibal Rocks in Missouri, but looking at their website, it does not appear they have many days for open trail riding. The next closest place that I am aware of is The Cliffs in Illinois, but I have never been there. The Badlands in Indiana is around five hours from Cedar Rapids. There is all sorts of stuff over there from mud pits to rocks and is actually a pretty good time. The only other place I have wheeled is Colorado, more for scenery than challenging trails due to having to drive back home.

With that being said, is there any interest in a group from Iowa/Eastern Iowa heading out to the Badlands for a weekend? I hope to have my newly aquired ZJ on 31's soon and will be itching to go somewhere. I am hoping to get out to Colorado late summer but I am looking for something to quench my hunger before then.
buddy the dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #37
rescuetech
1982 CJ7 

Cj

I would be up for heading to the badlands, have never been there but would make the time to go. I would have to trailer my Cj but would love to go.

I live just east of Cedar rapids( lowden)

later
Clint
Unread 07-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #38
jcoulter
2006 XK Commander 

I've been to both The Cliffs and The Badlands with my near stock XK. The Cliffs is a bit more extreme than the Badlands. With the XK I was way more comfortable at the Badlands.

Buddy's got it right, Badlands has just about everything while Cliffs has mud and trees. Also the last time we went to the cliffs they were kind of enforcing the 110" wheelbase rule they have and it was really muddy. When we went last Nov. it was pretty dry.
jcoulter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #39
vn712
1996 ZJ 

Reporting in from Des Moines. I traded my '92 Integra for a ZJ 5.2L Monday and looking forward to something new (still a Honda guy at heart).
Unread 08-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #40
veddersbetter
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedZJ View Post
Any clubs near the quad cities? Bettendorf area? If not anyone else from this area?
Im an hour east of the QC in Sterling IL and only 30 minutes from Clinton IA. If anyone wants to head to the Cliffs in Marseilles this Sunday let me know. Just me and a couple other guys going so far
Ive been the the Badlands a lot with my quad...but never with a Jeep. Great place for ATV's ....Really itching to try it out if anyones interested in heading up
veddersbetter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2009, 11:53 PM   #41
19_OIIIIIIIO_41
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I just moved to Iowa City and am looking for a club... Anything nearby?

JOCCI and MIOBI are a touch to far away...
19_OIIIIIIIO_41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #42
CJnaTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19_OIIIIIIIO_41 View Post
I just moved to Iowa City and am looking for a club... Anything nearby?

JOCCI and MIOBI are a touch to far away...
There are a couple of IA City / Cedar Rapids guys in JOCCI. The property that the club wheels on is in the Pella/Knoxville area, so although the monthly meetings are in DSM, wheeling isn't too terribly far from IA City.

Just FYI...
Unread 09-24-2009, 01:36 AM   #43
Walding07
2000 TJ Wrangler 

got my TJ a few weeks ago...just checking in and bumpin this thread....Im in Ames BTW....
Walding07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #44
J_Ro
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walding07 View Post
got my TJ a few weeks ago...just checking in and bumpin this thread....Im in Ames BTW....
You a Cyclone?
J_Ro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 04:27 PM   #45
Walding07
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I go to Iowa State....and thats all I will admit to. lol.
Walding07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.