Iowa Jeep Clubs??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Iowa Jeep Forum > Iowa Jeep Clubs???

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Corbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!Bds suspension discount

Unread 02-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #16
BULLET99Z28

Hey guys, I am in CR as well! I am looking for a tj to build. Got an 01 tahoe LT with custom 20" Martin bros wheels with 305.50/20 Nitto Terra grapplers i may trade. i owe aroun 9k on the truck- trades possible? If not, I would love to find a "builder Tj"- no motor, bad motor etc for as cheap as possible. Plans are to use OME 2" springs, cut the fenders/tub, run the Clayton long-arm kit,and go with 33-35's to get me started. keep it low as possible with kick-arse supsension. if any of you C.R. guys wanna get together,lets figure something out. Maybe we could start something, share tools,and what not.( I have a good tool selection, looking to get a welder and compressor,and have fab experience, my uncle and cousin are also fab guys out at conveyor and can help with projects) The name is Nate 319-651-0980 nathansmart86@yahoo.com

Unread 03-03-2008, 02:50 AM   #17
chance_p
2008 WK 

phew glad to see there are some jeepers out east. im leaving on the NE border right now and there is no one/no where to wheel. ill be moving to Iowa City in about 6 months for good. see ya around
Unread 03-03-2008, 10:15 AM   #18
xeroid81
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm In The Calamus Area , Moved Out Here 3 Yrs. Ago And Am Also Looking For Some Jeepers Out This Way. I'm In Ford Pick Up Country Out Here And Me And My 95 Yj Feel Like Strangers In A Strange Land.
xeroid81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2008, 02:57 PM   #19
ShinySideUp
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM265 View Post
Any Jeep Clubs in the Cedar Rapids, IA area?
There used to be the TrailHogs, but I think they've given up and gone home. Google - em.

I don't have a jeep (yet) but I'm also in CR, and I'm actively looking.

There HAS to be somewhere within an hour or two!

Is there a "[B]Black Jeep [/B]Club?"

[URL="http://www.militaryjeepers.com"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Olive"]militaryjeepers[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] [SIZE="4"]club member #254[/SIZE]

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:11 AM   #20
BULLET99Z28

I just hauled my project 98 tj home. Would love to meet up with some of you guys- how bout a couple cold brews in the garage and kick around some ideas?
Unread 03-06-2008, 06:16 AM   #21
docbob
1985 CJ7 

Hey congrats on the project Jeep! Sounds like you've got a good plan in place, and will soon be ready to roll! Hafta check & see when I'll be in CR next... my Dad lives up there, so maybe next time we visit, we'll give you a shout...
docbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2008, 11:34 AM   #22
klimb2xs
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The closest place near CR is MIOBI.org . They are about 30 minutes SW of Osky, right next to the town of Hamilton on Hwy 5. I have been a member there for just under a year. The next event that is open to the public is the Memorial weekend run. Check us out at www.miobi.org
klimb2xs is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #23
KTM265
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLET99Z28 View Post
I just hauled my project 98 tj home. Would love to meet up with some of you guys- how bout a couple cold brews in the garage and kick around some ideas?
Sound good Bullet... PM me and we'll set up a time.
Mark Twain: [u]"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"..[url=http://www.Kawiecentral.com].[/url][url=http://www.kawiecentral.com].[/url][/u]
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2008, 07:46 PM   #24
runnerboy2010
1992 YJ Wrangler 

hey, i was wondering if anybody lived around des moines and does anything like this. i want to start but not sure what to do. Right now ive got stock 93 ZJ, if anybody knows where to get good parts for it let me know about that too. thx
runnerboy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2008, 04:20 PM   #25
CJnaTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerboy2010 View Post
hey, i was wondering if anybody lived around des moines and does anything like this. i want to start but not sure what to do. Right now ive got stock 93 ZJ, if anybody knows where to get good parts for it let me know about that too. thx
There are a couple of clubs listed previously in this thread. Check 'em out.
Unread 10-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #26
WickedZJ
1994 ZJ 

Any clubs near the quad cities? Bettendorf area? If not anyone else from this area?
WickedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2008, 06:47 AM   #27
jeepman75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerboy2010 View Post

JOCCI is based in Des Moines and we have an area near Oskaloosa (about 45 minutes from DSM) that we wheel at. Check our forum for more info: http://www.cybershanks.com/smf/index.php?topic=3.0

If you are interested in talking to more people before our next meeting there is a 4X4 meet & greet this Sunday, details here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f344/4x4-sunday-nov-2nd-dsm-iowa-624274/
Unread 03-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #28
bsouth
1990 YJ Wrangler 

just to open this back, up i live in riverside and with 600 acres closed all i have left is dirty roads after a rain wondering if there was anything down this way by Iowa city.
bsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2009, 10:09 AM   #29
CJnaTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsouth View Post
just to open this back, up i live in riverside and with 600 acres closed all i have left is dirty roads after a rain wondering if there was anything down this way by Iowa city.
There used to be a club based out of Cedar Rapids (Trailhogs) but I think they have pretty much fizzled out due to lack of places to wheel.

There is a club that has some property down around Hamilton, IA (MIOBI.org) and there is a club based in Des Moines (but has members from all over, including IA City) that has some property down south of Pella (JOCCI.com).

Other than that, everything is west of Des Moines I think.
Unread 04-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #30
bsouth
1990 YJ Wrangler 

well i guess its a start, thanks
bsouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.