Iowa Jeep Clubs??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Iowa Jeep Forum > Iowa Jeep Clubs???

Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 10-31-2007, 08:22 PM   #1
KTM265
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Iowa Jeep Clubs???

Any Jeep Clubs in the Cedar Rapids, IA area?

Mark Twain: [u]"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"..[url=http://www.Kawiecentral.com].[/url][url=http://www.kawiecentral.com].[/url][/u]
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
CKUPQ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'm kinda curious too I just moved here 3 weeks ago.
CKUPQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
KTM265
2004 LJ Wrangler 

It would be nice if there is one, love to join up...
Mark Twain: [u]"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"..[url=http://www.Kawiecentral.com].[/url][url=http://www.kawiecentral.com].[/url][/u]
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
roadsuk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

There is a jeep club out of Des Moines called the Jeep Outdoor Club of Central Iowa (or JOCCI). Not real close to Cedar Rapids but that's the only Jeep club I know of.

Last edited by roadsuk; 11-05-2007 at 03:28 PM..
roadsuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
klimb2xs
2005 LJ Wrangler 

From what other Jeepers have told me is there were a couple clubs in CR but they have disbanded because there are not any places to wheel close to CR.
klimb2xs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:43 PM   #6
roadsuk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The JOCCI has some private land around the Pella area they go to every so often they call the "Farm". If you get on their site (jocci.com) there are past pictures of the Farm if you would like to check it out. I think there are a few members in the club from Iowa City/Cedar Rapids area. They are working on getting up a forum for the website set up so hopefully it will be going good shortly. Hope this helps.
roadsuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #7
abregar
1995 ZJ 

There is a club based near Lovilla, IA called Make It Or Break It. They have some private land that they wheel on. Their website is at miobi.org.
abregar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2008, 07:25 AM   #8
docbob
1985 CJ7 

Check out miobi.org... that place is awesome... in relation to C.R. it's probably 2 1/2 hours from you, up around Knoxville/Albia area.
Well worth the trip though! I've always had a ball there... I'm in Wayland, IA... about 10 mins from Washington, and around an hour from CR...
MIOBI is an old strip mine... dunno how many acres... rocks, hills, mud, water... and everybody's really laid back and cool to hang with. Memorial Day Weekend is the next public event... other than that - there used to be a place right around CR called 600(?) Acres??? Thought it was around Marion... might do some searches on that... Good luck!!! Holler at me if you're ever around Washington, Mt Pleasant, or Wayland.... docbob90@yahoo.com
or 319-931-2449
docbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2008, 03:22 PM   #9
klimb2xs
2005 LJ Wrangler 

docbob - I have been going to MIOBI for a couple years. I just became a member this year. WE should all plan on being there for the Memorial day run.

The DNR closed 600 acres to 4x4s, but it is still open for quads and motorcycles .
Unread 01-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #10
docbob
1985 CJ7 

Bummer on 600 acres... we can use all the wheelin' territory we can get around here!!! You would think in Iowa, there would be plenty of room to roam offroad.

I'm planning on Memorial Day weekend @ MIOBI... got a group of 5-8 planning on it as a matter of fact...

Hopefully we'll see you there!!! Hafta figure out some way to get together & chat there... I'm usually parked right at the entrance to the trail, camping with the group... you'll see a red chevy rollback towtruck with "The Monkey's Wrench" on it... I'll be in the Orange (red oxide primer) CJ7...

Drop in if you get a chance...
Unread 01-30-2008, 08:53 PM   #11
Black86gti
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i would be interested in taking my TJ out to play some time. 31" and no lift might be a problem. oh well itll give me an excuse to buy my lift
Black86gti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #12
docbob
1985 CJ7 

C'mon... it's a JEEP! I went for 3 years in a bone stock 85 CJ7... got thru MOST everything I chose to go thru... you can do it without lift... but... it DOES give you an excuse to buy a lift HUH!!!! Come on out & play!
Unread 01-31-2008, 04:42 PM   #13
klimb2xs
2005 LJ Wrangler 

2 of the guys I went with last year had 31" mud tires on his YJ and it went everywhere he wanted it to go. Just drive smart and you will be amazed at how well a stock Jeep does.
Unread 02-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #14
toddmeks
2001 TJ Wrangler 

mem day

I am from cr too and just got my 2002tj done and ready to roll i could go mem day anyone from CR pm me!! Todd
toddmeks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2008, 07:23 PM   #15
toddmeks
2001 TJ Wrangler 

mem day

I am from cr too and just got my 2002tj done and ready to roll i could go mem day anyone from CR pm me!! Todd
toddmeks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.