Eastern Iowa? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Iowa Jeep Forum > Eastern Iowa?

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 10-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #1
sk33tshoot3r
2008 JK Wrangler 

Eastern Iowa?

Does anyone know of any public areas to Jeep in eastern Iowa (or even private ones). I know this question has been posed before but I was wondering if anything has changed?

Unread 10-10-2007, 10:19 PM   #2
klimb2xs
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The only place I know of is Make it or Break it down by Hamilton. Check 'em out at www.miobi.org . They are having a Toys 4 Tots fun run this weekend.
klimb2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
buddy the dog
1995 ZJ 

The closest wheeling location other than MIOBI that I am aware of is Hannibal, MO. It is a small area but only a few hours away. There is a nice variety of easy and moderate trails and more difficult stuff, too. The Badlands is cool, but about 5-1/2 hours from Cedar Rapids, so trying to go out and back in one day is tough (just did it). The only other place remotely close is the Cliffs, but I have not been there.

Steve
buddy the dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2007, 11:36 PM   #4
sk33tshoot3r
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies guys. Where is the Cliffs?
Unread 10-12-2007, 06:55 AM   #5
buddy the dog
1995 ZJ 

The Cliffs look to be at exit 97 on I80 in Illinois, so about three hours from CR. I have heard it can bereal muddy, but I'd be willing to give it a try.

www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com
buddy the dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
KTM265
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I have heard good things about the Cliff's too... Been wanting to take my ATVs there. I think the last public area was Ely and they closed that down a couple of years ago to Jeeps/trucks...only ATVs and bikes allowed in there now.
Mark Twain: [u]"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"..[url=http://www.Kawiecentral.com].[/url][url=http://www.kawiecentral.com].[/url][/u]
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.