cheap (but not bad quality) 3-6" lift for a 93 ZJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Iowa Jeep Forum > cheap (but not bad quality) 3-6" lift for a 93 ZJ

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
ilovemyjeep
1993 ZJ 

cheap (but not bad quality) 3-6" lift for a 93 ZJ

I need to replace my shocks pretty soon so I was just thinking about upgrading with either a 3 or 6" lift on my 1993 ZJ. I don't really know much about lifts. How much does it hurt fuel economy and tire wear? Any suggestions on a particular lift kit?

ilovemyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 05:00 AM   #2
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

a lift itself shouldnt hurt fuel economy, it is when you start adding the accesories....bigger tires, stronger/hevier bumpers, roof rack..... as far as a lift, depends on what you want it for. I have a 93 ZJ, and I think it sits low, so I am actually thinking about getting some lift "pucs" that go between the spring and the spring mount. tere again, it is my family dd. if I wer gonna go all out and make it a toy, I would go even bigget with a full lift, bigger tires, and accesories.
Unread 04-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
ilovemyjeep
1993 ZJ 

ok. don't these lift "pucs" make the ride worse?
ilovemyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
loneeagle78
1990 XJ Cherokee 

they do not. they only lift your existing suspension. you will need to get alignment when done to fix your steering, but all in all, your ride quality stays the same. the ride with larger lift springs seem to be rougher.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.