NW Iowa / SW Minnesota / SE S.Dakota? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Minnesota Jeep Forum > NW Iowa / SW Minnesota / SE S.Dakota?

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 11-15-2008, 08:07 PM   #1
CJnaTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

NW Iowa / SW Minnesota / SE S.Dakota?

Looks like I'll be working in SW Minnesota next summer (and hopefully long-term after that).

Are there any Jeepers in the Jackson, MN - Spirit Lake, IA area? Looks like most of the MN 4-Wheel clubs are closer to and north of the cities. Any good places to wheel in the area? Looks like SW MN is getting the shaft as far as ORV parks go.

Unread 11-29-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well considering the land in SW MN is some of the best farm land in the country, and the current price per acre is between $5000-$7000 an acre that would be why. Besides the land expense it is fairly flat and not rocky. I would look for some old minimum maintenance roads to drive on, otherwise you will probably have to travel north to off-road, you may get some snow though that is always fun.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 08:19 AM   #3
roadsuk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, you're pretty much screwed in that area for wheeling. I have family in the Estherville/ Spirit Lake area and it seems the only off-roading is in the winter with a snowmobile. I haven't been to Northern Minnesota but I hear it is a good time. Or you could just road trip it to the "Farm" every once in a while.
roadsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #4
CJnaTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I think you may be right. This might put my intended 'build' ideas on the back burner until I know where I will end up full-time after next summer. I don't want to spend time and $$$ building up a Jeep that won't be used on the trails relatively consistently.

I won't mind driving down to the Farm a few times per year, but I don't want to spend a ton-o-money on a '3 trails per year' rig. I could spend that money on flying.
Unread 12-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #5
roadsuk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

So go 6 times a year. Or you can just put the Jeep up on blocks and give me the KM2s. I prefer the second choice but either one is entirely up to you.
roadsuk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.