Minnesotan Jeepers - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Minnesota Jeep Forum > Minnesotan Jeepers

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-18-2008, 07:15 PM   #76
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

fo sho!

thats only a half a weeks worth of work to pay for gas it will be worth it and why are you including prices for parts? were driving jeeps here, not toyotas.. hopefully i didnt just jynx myself..

Unread 02-18-2008, 10:48 PM   #77
ProMod1385
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhatman View Post
Well guys, for Grant and I it would be a 3 hour 30 minute drive, 214 miles there, 214 back. Wouldnt be so bad with the CB's to talk to eachother. Assumning an average of 19mpg there and back it would take exactly a tank full, ~$70 which doesnt include gas to drive around in gilbert. If my math is correct, besides buying all of the DNR tags and broken parts, we could probably get by with $100 or so in gas which surprises me.'

I am up for it if we can get enough people. As long as we have enough Jeepers to stick together and help eachother out, we're golden.
Myself and the misses could most likely come along and act as tail gunner. The XJ is very capable and i should have my new bumpers and winch by then in case any of yall wanna get real crazy

The TJ is heading to the shop tomorrow if anyone has a 231 t-case or dana 30 lying around you wanna donate let me know. I am in need of them for the jeep. JK on the donating parts but if anyone wants to tag along to my shop in Stacy MN in the next couple months to do some wrenching let me know. I am a very capable mechanic and always willing to teach if your willing to lend a set of hands.
ProMod1385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #78
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

im going to u-pull-r-parts soon to try and find a hub cover for my cherokee..ill let you know if i find any decent 231s or D30s lying around
Unread 02-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #79
ProMod1385
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
im going to u-pull-r-parts soon to try and find a hub cover for my cherokee..ill let you know if i find any decent 231s or D30s lying around
Where is there a pull r parts around the metro? I am kinda new to MPLS and not up on some of these things. I work in Bloomington and see your in savage. Maybe we could hook up on a weekend and go look around a bit. I also need a XJ Front drive shaft to complete my SYE set up.
ProMod1385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 07:59 PM   #80
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i usually work on weekends (get $2.50 more per hour ) but i will probably be going with a friend friday after school in his S10 so if i find any stuff that wont fit in my jeep we can put it in his truck. u-pull-r-parts is in rosemount. there is only one jeep there they said..its a 97.
Unread 02-19-2008, 09:53 PM   #81
Standard
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Wanna see if it still has the leaf springs? I wanna go the cheap route for a small lift, so I'm looking for another leaf spring pack off a cherokee to cut apart and use.
'99 XJ Classic - MN Jeeper #10
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2008, 05:30 AM   #82
redhatman
1998 ZJ 

I'm up for a trip to U-Pull if we can decide when to go... I'm curious to see what its like.

I am now a dealer for Iron Rock Off Road
I offer the same great products you already know about,
the same low prices you have been seeing, and with
the same experienced customer support, but I can offer it nearly 24/7

"Project Dirty Princess"
5.9 ZJ 7" IRO, 35s, 8.8, hp30, locked, blah blah

"Project Grow A Set"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMARJEEP View Post
Those tires look freakin awesome Redhat... took the ZJ up a notch in my book. Now you're at notch 2.
redhatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #83
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

sounds like friday for sure.

promod, i will look around for ya for the parts you need. whitepages.com, you can search u pull r parts or something like that and they have a phone number. i can give you the phone number, but i dont want to post it on this thread and get banned for advertising.
Unread 02-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #84
rhutchinson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

well thought id give you guys an update. trimmed my fenders and got my 33's on heres a pic. sorry if its crapp it was with my phone.
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h.../IMAGE_034.jpg
[COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #453 [/COLOR]
MN JEEPER #11
rhutchinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2008, 07:41 PM   #85
dono man
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
Wanna see if it still has the leaf springs? I wanna go the cheap route for a small lift, so I'm looking for another leaf spring pack off a cherokee to cut apart and use.
I have a set of leaf springs that I've been sitting on to stretch my YJ. Make me an offer.
dono man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #86
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhutchinson View Post
well thought id give you guys an update. trimmed my fenders and got my 33's on heres a pic. sorry if its crapp it was with my phone.
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h.../IMAGE_034.jpg

looks like it will have alot of fun in gilbert! awesome looking rig!

got my jeep stuck tonight, but got it out under its own power...is that really stuck? deep powder on cleary lake. great place to drive. i plan to go back friday and if redhatman gets the day off work, hopefully he will come along too. ill get some pics if we end up going.
Unread 02-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #87
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhutchinson View Post

looks like it will have alot of fun in gilbert! awesome looking rig!

got my jeep stuck tonight, but got it out under its own power...is that really stuck? deep powder on cleary lake. great place to drive. i plan to go back friday and if redhatman gets the day off work, hopefully he will come along too. ill get some pics if we end up going.
Unread 02-20-2008, 09:13 PM   #88
redhatman
1998 ZJ 

rhutch, I like it. Hopefully Grant's (aircruiser) will look something like that in the near future.

For friday, I can take it off if we are going to u-pull. Who all is going?

"Project Dirty Princess"

"Project Grow A Set"

Quote:
Those tires look freakin awesome Redhat... took the ZJ up a notch in my book. Now you're at notch 2.
Unread 02-20-2008, 09:16 PM   #89
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

im all in, ill probably ride in jeffs truck if he goes. id really like to hit up cleary lake again and get some nice pictures..for fun and i need some nice pictures for my graphics class.

and yeah, once i lift it, the 4 door mod will come next.....actually not really.
Unread 02-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #90
redhatman
1998 ZJ 

Why would we go in Jeff's truck? There isn't room for 3, vs taking your Jeep there is room for 5, and we never take your XJ anywhere being you are afraid to drive it.

"Project Dirty Princess"

"Project Grow A Set"

Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.