Minnesotan Jeepers - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Minnesota Jeep Forum > Minnesotan Jeepers

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #841
JeepNeed

Hi all! I am from Oakdale. Just purchased 95 Grand 5.2L. It is stock for now and super clean. Can anybody recomend a performance exhaust shop in the metro area? Looking at doing the Kolak system. Rob

JeepNeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 08:45 PM   #842
bearcatrp
2008 JK Wrangler 

hi everyone. I just traded my 04 Liberty Renegade for a 08 4 door Sahara. couldn't pass up 8000 grand off sticker. Still have kids so needed 4 doors. Awesome jeep. Did some wheelin in gilbert until a fellow Libery owner blew his front diff when we were in gilbert a few years back. Decided to hold off wheelin until I got a jeep with solid axels. Couldn't pass up on this deal. Can't wait to break it in. I live by St. Cloud. Any fellow central minnesotans here?
bearcatrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2008, 09:14 PM   #843
harleysbluff

I live in St. Cloud. 2006 Wrangler Rubicon (SWB) with six speed. Khaki in color.

Just bent a rear axle in Gilbert last weekend. Had to leave the Jeep up there to be fixed at Ironrange Jeep. Going to get it on Saturday.

HB
harleysbluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 08:36 AM   #844
sbeck61
1964 CJ5 

Please put me on the list. I have a 1964 CJ5 in progress.

I would like to go to Gilbert and see those trails.

Hopefully you guys can add me to the list of MN Jeepers.
sbeck61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 01:53 PM   #845
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

list updated..welcome new people! snow is finally here so it makes driving to work and back a little funner
Unread 12-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #846
norsky
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
hi everyone. I just traded my 04 Liberty Renegade for a 08 4 door Sahara. couldn't pass up 8000 grand off sticker. Still have kids so needed 4 doors. Awesome jeep. Did some wheelin in gilbert until a fellow Libery owner blew his front diff when we were in gilbert a few years back. Decided to hold off wheelin until I got a jeep with solid axels. Couldn't pass up on this deal. Can't wait to break it in. I live by St. Cloud. Any fellow central minnesotans here?
I live in Cambridge. Welcome to the Forum and MN Jeep Club!
MN Jeeper #18
norsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #847
bearcatrp
2008 JK Wrangler 

Anyone been up to spider lake lately? Not as fun as gilbert but still not bad of a place. Someone told me the tree huggers were trying to shut it down. Hope not.
Unread 12-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #848
harleysbluff

I spun thru Spider Lake a 1/2 dozen times this summer. You'll see lots of ATV's. Rarely, if ever, have I seen another Jeep in there.

It's basically a nice ride thru the woods. Nothing serious. Most of the trails you could do in two wheel drive. There are a few nice hills towards the southern part of the trail system. It was really pretty in there this fall when the leaves were changing.

If you want to actually "wheel", you have to go to Gilbert. Spider lake is literally twenty minutes from my cabin, yet, I rarely go there.

With regards to it closing, I heard that this spring too. I have no idea, but it was open all summer.

HB
harleysbluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #849
bearcatrp
2008 JK Wrangler 

Went through there about 3 years ago after a good rain. That was the 1st place I went with my liberty. Had a few spots that were alright. Definately doesn't compare to gilbert. Wish there was a place around st cloud to go.
Unread 12-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #850
mnrsxs
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I just stumbled on this thread and I figured I would give a shout out. Im going to school up in st cloud right now but my home for the summer is bloomington MN. I would love to go ride some trails with you guys even though im stock for now. If anyone ever wants to make it a weekend trip shoot me a private message or post up here. I will be sure to join in
mnrsxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #851
bearcatrp
2008 JK Wrangler 

Plenty of trails in gilbert for stock jeeps. I ran my liberty stock up there with no problems. Would suggest full skid plates though. I enjoy watching those with beefed up jeeps go in places I won't go. Not to many of them though. Best to make a reservation the night before then ride the next day. Gives you a little more time on the trails. Can't wait to take my new jeep up there. I'll be leaving mine stock for the near future. Anyone up for a saturday cruise up there (before the heavy snow comes)?
Unread 12-11-2008, 05:28 PM   #852
dono man
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Randy! Good to see you upgraded your rig!
I hope you enjoy it and you sign up for the Crawl 4 the Cure next year.
http://crawl4cure.org/

Mark
dono man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2008, 06:16 PM   #853
bearcatrp
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey Mark, how's it going? Tried to send you an email but got kicked back. Yeah, finally upgraded. The liberty was nice but after vinny blew his diff at gilbert, I stopped wheelin until I upgraded. Got a sweet deal on the Sahara plus good trade in on the lib. Can't wait to go to gilbert again. When is the last time you were up there?
Randy
Unread 12-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #854
dono man
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I was up there quite a bit this summer but none of it involved wheeling my own rig. Crawl 4 the Cure and building new trails is all I got to do
My rig is still in parts. Started with an engine/tranny swap now it turned into a rear axle, belly-up skid, spring over, shackle reversal and 36" tires.
I hope to have it done by spring.
That e-mail is old try markdonovan@msn.com
dono man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2008, 08:30 AM   #855
Dhorn33
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So Mark will we get to see that rig of yours at all next year?
Dhorn33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.