Minnesotan Jeepers - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Minnesota Jeep Forum > Minnesotan Jeepers

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #31
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

all ya gotta do is be from minnesota and post in this thread and your an mn jeeper

dono man, im getting more excited to get out there! and dont worry, once i get the chance, i definitly wont pass it up. my family and i do alot of camping so we will most likely take a trip down there and i will follow in my jeep and once we get setup, we'll hit the trails

Unread 02-13-2008, 09:08 PM   #32
red rubi
So long pal!

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Gilbert is a fun place to play, I've only been a couple of times. But I mostly do trails too. There are plenty of what ever terrain you want. I'm going skiing at Giants Ridge March 7-9 will probably hit the park on Sunday instead. I'll have to check my calender for Julys C4 the C. Mike
red rubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 09:37 PM   #33
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ill check in for July 17th-20th

how much is admission? if it was brought up, i missed it
Unread 02-13-2008, 10:05 PM   #34
redhatman
1998 ZJ 

Dang, 17th-20th? 20th is my B-Day, I suppose that would be fun to do on my B-day, but also would suck if I broke something. Grant, how would you camp there? Sleep in the back of the Jeep?

I am now a dealer for Iron Rock Off Road
I offer the same great products you already know about,
the same low prices you have been seeing, and with
the same experienced customer support, but I can offer it nearly 24/7

"Project Dirty Princess"
5.9 ZJ 7" IRO, 35s, 8.8, hp30, locked, blah blah

"Project Grow A Set"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMARJEEP View Post
Those tires look freakin awesome Redhat... took the ZJ up a notch in my book. Now you're at notch 2.
redhatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 01:15 PM   #35
Standard
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well, I can say I'm a real jeeper now. Just picked up a '99 Cherokee Classic with 98000 miles on it. Pretty happy, it's the newest vehicle I've ever owned. The most loaded, too. Pretty optioned out, it's got power everything (windows, locks, mirrors, drivers seat), tow package, selec-trac (full time 4wd is nice), the Infinity sound (which I didn't realize until after I bought it and folded down the rear seats), and it's in pretty good shape overall.

Looking forward to this spring. Planning on doing just a 2" BB, some skids, the basic stuff needed for light duty off-road. It's my daily driver so nothing too extreme (yet).

Can't wait to hit the trails and get it dirty with something other than nasty salty snow
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 02:12 PM   #36
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

good to here standard, only 98,000? dang, thats almost brand new!!

i have a 99 2 door..almost 202k on it..still running strong as ever!

pat, my parents like the looks of the area and the nearby rv parks allow tow behind trailers so they (mostly my mom right now) are considering maybe taking a trip down there. if they wont, i could pull out the rear sets and sleep in my jeep
Unread 02-14-2008, 03:49 PM   #37
dono man
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
Ill check in for July 17th-20th

how much is admission? if it was brought up, i missed it
Registration is $50 per vehicle and that covers the driver plus one passenger.

The following is from crawl4cure.org/rules

"The cost is $250.00 per vehicle which includes a driver & passenger, (we encourage you to bring a passenger to help as a spotter while on the trails).

$50.00 of that $250.00 is a non refundable registration fee that you send in upon registration which reserves your place. The remaining $200.00 represents the minimum amount raised via pledges that you collect with pledge forms. Obviously you're encouraged to collect as many pledges as possible.

Additional passengers cost $20.00 each. There is a maximum of five people total per vehicle. Children under 15 years old may attend for free.

The entry fees gets you into the event, puts your name in the drawing for prizes, and gets you & passengers a dinner on Saturday night at the event headquarters. Each driver will also receive a commemorative Crawl4Cure T-Shirt.

We encourage you to collect as many pledges as possible to raise the $200.00 minimum donation. You can get pledge forms from our downloads page. Donations are tax deductible and go directly to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Minnesota Chapter.

Registration is limited to the first 100 vehicles. Downloaded forms can be mailed in for immediate entry. Vehicles MUST pass a basic safety inspection as described in the vehicle requirements sheet and MUST pass sound inspection performed by the park.

In addition to tech inspection, every vehicle MUST have a Minnesota OHV sticker on the rear license plate. Stickers are $38.50 and are valid for 3 years. Stickers can be purchased at the park."

I found it pretty easy to raise the $200. The first year I around $900 and the 2nd time I was around $750. I hit up family members, friends and the big pledges came from business associates. Sign up now and start raising money and you will have no problem.
dono man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #38
dono man
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhatman View Post
Dang, 17th-20th? 20th is my B-Day, I suppose that would be fun to do on my B-day, but also would suck if I broke something. Grant, how would you camp there? Sleep in the back of the Jeep?
The 20th will be an open trail day so if you want to head out early you can.
Unread 02-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #39
rhutchinson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

well hello fellow minnesotans, just wanted to say hey. Im located in mankato. Just ordered some 33's today cant wait for spring to go test them out in the mud.
rhutchinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 05:02 PM   #40
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

welcome rhutchinson!

i saw your xj in the red jeepers club..looks sweet!

dono man, so basically you go door to door and such and just ask for money? then the money goes to the park?
Unread 02-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #41
rhutchinson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks alot aircruiser. Ill have some maxxis boghorn mt on by the end of the week. so what member number am i?
[COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #453 [/COLOR]
MN JEEPER #11
Unread 02-14-2008, 05:25 PM   #42
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

pretty sure you are #11...standard, if im counting right, youre #10

let me know how the big horns work out for ya rhutchinson..ive been trying to decide which 31s i want after i get my xj lifted. ive been looking at the bfg mts but i think they might wear a little to quick seeing as its my daily driver.
Unread 02-14-2008, 05:44 PM   #43
rhutchinson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ill be sure to post some new pics when i get them on, ill let you know how they are.
[COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #453 [/COLOR]
MN JEEPER #11
Unread 02-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #44
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

thanks man, i love the tread pattern on the maxxis bighorns

how much are those tires costing you if i may ask?
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #45
dono man
1990 YJ Wrangler 

What mnjeeper number am I?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.