Minnesotan Jeepers - Page 106 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North Central USA > Minnesota Jeep Forum > Minnesotan Jeepers

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 01-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #1576
solomon8718
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfcxleatherneck View Post
So after replaceing both my rear DS u-joints my clunk did not go away....

I went outside, and had a beer shot at afew cans with the 30cal. I went inside and kicked my rear tire and told the jeep to F*** off and stopped................ My rear tire was loose.

Needless to say I felt and Looked like a complete tool lol. So at least I have peace of mind that I have new ujoints in the rear.
ROFL! Haha, thanks for that story! Its funny because we've all been there one way or another. :P

solomon8718 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #1577
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

how did your wheel not fall off?? probably should check the studs and wheel to make sure they didnt get messed up.

i got your call man my phone is on charge ill call you back after work. im on lunch now. gonna pick up a 2nd job here soon too. gotta love being a full time student working two jobs and trying to support 2 jeeps and a gf. ahhh the college life
Unread 01-12-2011, 12:02 AM   #1578
SabaII
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Hey wfcxleatherneck, I need to talk skids with you. I will get some rough measurements if you could get me a price on materials?
SabaII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #1579
solomon8718
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabaII View Post
Hey wfcxleatherneck, I need to talk skids with you. I will get some rough measurements if you could get me a price on materials?
Are you putting skids on your liberty? How well do those handle offroad with front independent anyway?
Unread 01-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #1580
wfcxleatherneck
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Not a problem man. You let me know the dimensions, and a drawing if you got one, and I'll run down to south st paul steal
wfcxleatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #1581
SabaII
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon8718 View Post
Are you putting skids on your liberty? How well do those handle offroad with front independent anyway?
They hold their own. I mean I would not really rock crawl with it, some people do but they put some good money in to them to do that. They are a pretty capable little rig and I just plan on trail riding. I just dont need something putting a hole in my gas tank.
Unread 01-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #1582
solomon8718
1998 ZJ 

Leatherneck, do you do rocker-panel armor?
Unread 01-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #1583
wfcxleatherneck
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon8718 View Post
Leatherneck, do you do rocker-panel armor?
I really do anything you design as long as I'm confident in my ability to make it.
Unread 01-17-2011, 02:10 AM   #1584
Carmodifier
2006 KJ Liberty 

Hello!

Hello Minnesotan Jeepers!

I should have checked this thread sooner so I could have attended the meet on the 18th. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Travis; I am from Cottage Grove. I own a 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport. My CarDomain profile lists most of my KJ's mods: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/381832...liberty/page-1. I will post more pictures once I get everything installed. I am going to install my Daystar 2˝" ComfortRide Suspension Coil Spring Spacer Kit [KJ09116BK] once I find someone who owns/has access to a spring compressor and is willing to help me install it (since I have never installed a lift kit before). My friend has a fully insulated and heated garage with a 2-post lift; unfortunately, he doesn't own a spring compressor. Hopefully we can have a meet in the near future!

Last edited by Carmodifier; 01-17-2011 at 02:23 AM..
Carmodifier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #1585
solomon8718
1998 ZJ 

Oriellies auto has a tool borrow program. You basically purchase the tool and return out when you've finished. Thats how I installed my spring spacers.
Welcome and good luck.
Unread 01-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #1586
SabaII
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I need me one of them friends with an insulated garage and 2 post lift. Where do you find them? Ha ha. Nice to see another Liberty owner.
Unread 01-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #1587
keithkeith
2003 TJ Wrangler 

New to MN... not to jeepforum. Moved to Minneapolis a few months ago. Silver TJ on 35s.
Current Setup: 2003 Silver TJ Sport, 5.5” Clayton LA, MetalCloak Bumper & Tubes, 1” BL, 35” Nitto Mudgrapplers, 17” Silver AEV Pintlers, Superwinch EPi9.0 w/ in-cab control, Teraflex SS SYE & Tom Woods d/s, 4.56’s, OX (r), Herc’d Tub, Clayton Engine & Tranny skids, Chromoly Shafts F&R, Currie HD, Warn Steering Skid, RE Hand Throttle, JKS Motor Mounts, Custom box, CO2, K&N FIPK, Raingler Netting (so the dog doesn’t fly), PIAA 520s Driving & Fog, BDS Rockers, Cobra 75 WX ST, Alpine IVA300 w/GPS & a bunch of other goodies...
keithkeith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #1588
SabaII
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithkeith View Post
New to MN... not to jeepforum. Moved to Minneapolis a few months ago. Silver TJ on 35s.
How do you like it? Have you been introduced to any of the local beers?
Unread 01-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #1589
wfcxleatherneck
1993 XJ Cherokee 

mmmmm locale beers.....
Unread 01-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #1590
SabaII
1998 XJ Cherokee 

grain_belt_beer.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.